• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mirror Shielding

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
I'm a bit new here and I have no idea on what the new techniques are with all the new characters, so please bear with me on my stupidity.

So, I was in training with Pit trying to understand the movement of the angel ring (Gladly I found out that if you pulled it as you touch the ground from the air you move towards the direction. I did it once and haven't known how to use it since), when I pressed down B instead of side B. I moved a bit forward and realized that I could use this in an actual match.

I went to go play my cousin on wi-fi and tried to pull it, and it worked! . . . But he's not all that great of a SSB player, so I have no idea whether it would work well or not with high level players.

So I'm wondering, do you think it's a good technique to be using against a good opponent?

The technique is to jump and mirror shield forward or backwards. Forwards you can close in while keeping the shield up, or backwards to gain some distance. Also, by short hopping you can pull it continuously, so you can keep moving forwards or backwards. Regular jumping you can pull a move after the mirror shield in the air, but I think there's too much lag afterwards.

Thanks in advance.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I believe this is possibly useful as far as slight mindgames are concerned though I wouldn't rely on this to any extent. If you know your opponent is wanting to shoot something at you and is itching to do so, SHing at him might lead him into believing you're wide open and not considering going blasted. In the end the joke will be on him.

Anyway man Welcome to the boards! ^_^ Make yourself at home and if you wish to introduce yourself properly go ahead and post a hello post in "kown's thread". ^_^

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
Thanks, and thanks again for the welcome! I thought answers would be a bit more hostile since I know nothing about the new stuff, but it's nice to know it's not.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You can usually judge a group of people by the characters they play.
  • Samus Forum can be defensive at times and quick to snap at you. However they are usually quiet and intelligent.
  • The Snake Forum is completely jammed packed and as all popular characters they have their share of jerks. While most of them are cool, the jerkish ones stand out and will flame you.
  • Wolf Forums are quiet and ready to shoot anything down that might be posted there. Thus it's become a graveyard.
  • The Dedede forums are quite funny and are much like ours. Again this is one where you can see the people who play Dedede are like him in the sense they are laid back and can laugh.
  • Metaknight players are punks. Don't go there. ^_^
  • Marth players can be stuck up at times but I'm pretty sure the forum is nice.
  • THE AMAZING PIT FORUMS are full of nice and helpful people. Just like Pit. They can become defensive, but only when people say Pit is cheap, n00bish, only has arrows, or is worse the Metaknight. There's also this one guy who makes up awful things about the other character forums and lies a lot. He's not me though. In fact I think his name is CorruptFate.
Oh! And the Pit forums have carnival games. Make sure to periodically remind the Samus forums of this.

kown

Smash Lord
welcome to the boards. introduce yourself in Kown's Thread. very good site to keep ppl together and friendly as the pit community has been. not many people can do what the pit clan does!!!!!!!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Again let's keep the spam down as much as we can in the threads not called "kown's thread"...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You kown...? I would say keep the spam to your own thread and maybe you'd have a shot. But that's too big of a lie even for me. ^_^

kupo15

Smash Hero
Welcome, this is a great community.

• Samus Forum can be defensive at times and quick to snap at you. However they are usually quiet and intelligent.
  • The Snake Forum is completely jammed packed and as all popular characters they have their share of jerks. While most of them are cool, the jerkish ones stand out and will flame you.
  • Wolf Forums are quiet and ready to shoot anything down that might be posted there. Thus it's become a graveyard.
  • The Dedede forums are quite funny and are much like ours. Again this is one where you can see the people who play Dedede are like him in the sense they are laid back and can laugh.
  • THE AMAZING PIT FORUMS are full of nice and helpful people. Just like Pit. They can become defensive, but only when people say Pit is cheap, n00bish, only has arrows, or is worse the Metaknight. There's also this one guy who makes up awful things about the other character forums and lies a lot. He's not me though. In fact I think his name is CorruptFate.
Oh! And the Pit forums have carnival games. Make sure to periodically remind the Samus forums of this.
lol, im going to have to wonder there and check this out for myself

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Ok, coming back to the topic...

It could be useful for approaching people with projectiles.

Going back off topic...

Snake and Metaknight forums are full of jerkwads.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Glad I came in here to see that ive finally become a topic but no im not the lier or am I. Undr you suck at life:laugh:

Top Bottom