• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minor Vent

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Ok

I'll admit.

Lakers are the better team, they deserve to win the series.

Magic need to HIT their open shots, pass to Dwight when he's OPEN, and specifically Dwight needs to keep the ball over his head.

If the Magic were doing that, they'd be winning the series; maybe even swept it.

BUT

Do the Lakers have to play like women?

Gasol flops just like the European he is. (I'm referencing the dramatic pratfalls of soccer players here--no real hate on Europe.)
Kobe apparently NEVER misses UNLESS he is fouled.
Kobe also apparently NEVER fouls anyone (Even when he ran RIGHT between the breakaway player and the basket, he couldn't believe he was called for the foul before commercial... and you KNOW he'da whined SO much had he been called for ELBOWING Nelson in the FACE.
Odom is also incredulous consistently when called for a foul. (I'm pretty sure he's the one Turkoglu drew into the air before throwing the ball up. YES that is a FOUL just like when Kobe does it to Magic players.)
Although apparently it stopped being a foul halfway through the game.

Now, I understand some reaction to being called, but these guys CONTINUE to complain to the refs even after the play, while the Magic are shooting free throws.

From what I have seen, when the refs aren't being bad with calls, Lakers are the better team who more consistently make plays and hit shots. It's one thing to be a bad loser, but they're looking an awful lot like bad winners.

BEHR

Smash Hero
**** happens mang.

I want Orland o to win It should have been Rockets/Denver vs Orlando

im a rockets fan. ;D

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
All this is one reason why I think basketball is a ******** sport. (Yes, I actually hate b-ball so much).

Without a better way to say it, the mechanics behind fouls are so dumb and wind up being inconsistent because of human judgement.

___

But seriously, I can run down the court and straight up truck somebody. If he happened to slide his feet a lil bit before I mow him over, foul's on him.
*rolls eyes*

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I wanted cavs a lakers....

Just to see if Lebron could stop the "unstoppable"

I agree. Howard is messin up, an so is the team. I kinda like how Fisher is showing his veteran prowess an clutch ability.

But to get Howard open an not get the ball to him is a failure to their gameplan, cuz lord knows Gundy isnt drawing up plays for lewis to get the ball...

The gameplan is simple. Abuse the paint with Howard, an get the ball flowing to the outside. Quick pick an rolls and give backs.

Lewis an Turk are known to hit shots downtown when it doesnt really matter they just get hot. Turk is more clutch. They HAVE to abuse the fact that Howard is the most dominant force under the net in this series, and NO ONe can literally stop him unless its Shaq or Garnett who arent playing.

Idk like you said Lakers are showing why they should win but Magic should do a **** better job contesting.

TO DOGY:

I agree. I really hate the foul system, an I my point mirrors the point of the ESPN analyst(writer whatever)

"...The NBA suddenly seems like one of those late - 1960s dads freaking out becuase his son has returned from college with long hair... Robbed of the ability to police one another, today's NBA players have no idea how to act when an opponent angers them... Can you play s fluid sport like basketball at its highest level without bodies banging, penetrating players getting clobbered and the occasional testiness? Of course you can't. The NBA pretends you can, though, putting the playoffs in the hands of (mostly incompetent) refs who overreact to each shove and stare. It drives (us xD) crazy." Bill Simons...

I agree with this guy and you dogy

Top Bottom