• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minions' Revenge - A new minion comes, and an old friend returns.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations. You're an old man now.

Here's your walking stick.

ontopic: minions minions minions minions minions might write a ride armor/t. bonne set if someone feels like taking that up but don't blame you if you don't minions minions minions

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Congratulations. You're an old man now.

Here's your walking stick.

ontopic: minions minions minions minions minions might write a ride armor/t. bonne set if someone feels like taking that up but don't blame you if you don't minions minions minions
GET OFFA MY FREAKING LAWN YOU WHAHIPPERSNAPPERS!!

And a servbot could also be a nice addition to the megaman minions.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Well, I had trouble getting it to work on Toad, anyway. It has hardly any bones so there isn't much you can do with it unless you did some major hexing. It was mainly just supposed to be a scenery model.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Well, I had trouble getting it to work on Toad, anyway. It has hardly any bones so there isn't much you can do with it unless you did some major hexing. It was mainly just supposed to be a scenery model.
And if I remember, didn't it not have a back?

Also, I'll more than likely be playing Kirby's epic yarn for like the next three days.
Soooo, no hacks till I beat it. Wish me luck.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Due to the many problems umbreon is causing me and due to the fact that I gotta get rid of him cuzza my bro >> im passing him over to gamma so he can work on him freely. I think ima lay low on making a character till I have knowledge of what im doing ya kno?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
A proper Yarn Kirby could probably be made using his Emerald texture.
Probably.
Maybe.
I ain't doin' it...wait is that Kirby with DIALOGUE? Crap, it's another avalanche, find some shelter!

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
A proper Yarn Kirby could probably be made using his Emerald texture.
Probably.
Maybe.
I ain't doin' it...wait is that Kirby with DIALOGUE? Crap, it's another avalanche, find some shelter!
Kirby never actually talks in the game though. So it's got one up on the anime.

And I just beat it after 2 days, heh, better than I though I was.
Easily the 3rd best kirby game.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
So by my vast stupidity I've learned that the Yarn Kirby on brawl vault does in fact use the emerald texture.

On an on-topic note, seems like Pikazz had an idea and fixed the item grabbing freeze glitch. Gotta sift through some of the old stuff here and see what could be picked up again. Wheelie and Waddle Doo, maybe?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
So by my vast stupidity I've learned that the Yarn Kirby on brawl vault does in fact use the emerald texture.

On an on-topic note, seems like Pikazz had an idea and fixed the item grabbing freeze glitch. Gotta sift through some of the old stuff here and see what could be picked up again. Wheelie and Waddle Doo, maybe?
Waddle Doo, Wheelie, Toad, Waddle Dee, Whatever other things Aniverage, Darksonic, and Cam were working on. I forgot all exactly. Oh ya Hammer Bros, Metriod, ummmmm.. I forgot the others..

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Wow.

That's a lot of cake.

Need to know which'll be picked up again so I can start moveset writing...
brb need more MSN contacts online.

Serrix

Smash Journeyman
Dun't forget to use Steam to talk to me or kangaroogreen as well.
And I caught that refrence.

And we need to check if StarWaffle is still doing Metroid and Hammer Bro. or not...

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
This is a pretty boring set, but, hey, it should be workable. Maybe.

Toad
Each stat is scored out of 10 points.
Size – 4/10 – Smaller than Mario.
Weight – 4/10 – Not too light, but not really going to be in the game too long.
Walk – 4/10 – Pretty relaxed brisk walk.
Run – 6/10 – Maybe Luigi speed?
Power – 7/10 – Dispite how awkward he moves he's actually fairly powerful.
Attack Speed – 6/10 – Kinda laggy at points but overall decent.
Range – 2/10 – Naaah.
Priority – 3/10 – Yeah.
Air Speed – 5/10 – Mario speed. Jumps slightly lower.

Toad's a pretty awkward kid. His moves are stiff, but that doesn't keep him from being fairly powerful. Overall he's not too much different from, say, Mario or Luigi, except his specials involve mushrooms.

Idle – He just stands there.
Wait1 – He looks left to right.
Wait2 – He sits for a moment, then picks himself back up.
Wait3 – He looks down and kicks his foot.
Jab – A straight-armed palm thrust that slides him forward slightly. Quick and pretty good range for a Toad move, but it takes him a moment to recover. 6% and decent knockback.
F-Tilt – A somewhat odd looking roundhouse that Toad stumbles into. Range is short but it's actually fairly quick. 7% with lower knockback.
U-Tilt – A headbutt similar to Mario's. Has to wind up but the end lag is minimal. 6% with decent vertical knockback.
D-Tilt – Toad sticks one leg out, basically. Can trip but does minimal knockback. 5%.
F-Smash – Toad does two open palm arm thrusts. The first links into the second one and both have Toad stepping into them. Marginal end lag. The first hit does 6% uncharged and fully charged and the second does 7% uncharged and 10% fully charged. Large knockback.
D-Smash – Toad sticks both of his legs out, ending up on his back. Laggy but does a decent amount of low-angled knockback. 10% uncharged and 15% fully charged.
U-Smash – Toad does a backflip-type kick similar to the Space Animals...except he ends up falling on his face. The knockback on this is actually very high, but the end lag is pretty bad. 14% uncharged and 20% fully charged.
Dash Attack – Toad does a lunging punch, but struggles to keep his balance. Low knockback, does 8%.
N-Air – Sex kick. 9% at the begining of the move and 7% at the end. Doesn't stay out very long and has moderately low vertical knockback.
F-Air – A deep-lunging chop attack. A bit slow to start up. Moderately large knockback, and can spike on a sweetspot. 7% normally and 10% if it sweetspots.
B-Air – Toad leans back, into a sort of backwards headbutt. Sex kick properties, doing 11% to start and dwindling down to 6%. The hitbox stays out a long time.
U-Air – Toad throws an uppercut. The range is minimal, but it can sweetspot for properties not unlike Falcon's Knee, although easier to hit with and on a much less destructive scale. Low knockback and 6% normally and 11% on a sweetspot..
D-Air – A ground pound that sends Toad hurtling towards the ground incredibly fast. The landing creates a small shockwave that does 4% and next to no knocback. If Toad falls from far enough, he catches fire. Normally the move does 7% but the fire attack does 10%. Good knockback.
Grab - Toad actually lunges into his grab giving it deceptive range, and it's fairly fast..
Pummel – A kick. Kind of slow. Does 3% per hit.
F-Throw – He picks the foe straight up over his head and tosses them. Decent amount of distance thrown, does 9%
B-Throw – A throw similar to Mario's, except he gets dizzy doing it. Actually sends the foe a very large distance. Does 8%.
U-Throw – Throws a similar uppercut to his U-Air. Causes momentary freezing similar to Ganondorf's d-air and does set knockback. 10%
D-Throw – He smacks the enemy into the ground and does 10%. Obviously not covering much distance.
Get Up - Spins, arms outstretched. 5%.
N-Special – Fastball Special - Toad winds up and then throws a poison mushroom. (Yoshi's egg graphic, made into a mushroom with the Mario All-Stars Poison mushroom texture?) Does 7% and dizzies the foe.
F-Special – Screwball - Toad quickly tosses out a brawl Poison Mushroom, the size changing type. Yeah, that's it.
U-Special – Propeller Jump - Toad begins to spin and rises quickly up into the air, where he then enters free-fall. Toad's free-fall is unique, in that if he enters a fast fall state here, he does a drill attack that does 3% and minor knockback.
D-Special – Super Mushroom - Toad tosses a Super Mushroom out, at a shorter distance than when he would normally throw a Poison Mushroom. If Toad just uses this out of the blue, his foe has a chance to grab it.
Final Smash – I'm the Superstar! - Toad comes under the Starman effect and gains a damaging run and idle, basically turning him into a living hammer with the ability to jump and double jump. Ramming the foe does 20% and large knockback. Lasts however long a starman normally lasts.
Taunts:
Up – Looks at the screen and waves both arms.
Side – He spins on one foot. Does this in a few games.
Down – HEADSPIN!
Results Screen:
Victory 1 – He runs onscreen, waving for the camera.
Victory 2 – same thing as his Victory 1, except he trips and falls...
Victory 3 – Toad does a Hadoken motion with his hands and shoots out a harmless puff of smoke.
Lose – He claps. What a good kid.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Waddle Doo, Wheelie, Toad, Waddle Dee, Whatever other things Aniverage, Darksonic, and Cam were working on. I forgot all exactly. Oh ya Hammer Bros, Metriod, ummmmm.. I forgot the others..
Nnnnnnnnnnnnope. Wheelie can't be done right now even without the item glitch, he still has the getting grabbed glitch. :c

Poppant would appreciate it though.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Nnnnnnnnnnnnope. Wheelie can't be done right now even without the item glitch, he still has the getting grabbed glitch. :c

Poppant would appreciate it though.
Did you ask snoopy for help on the grab glitch? Last time I played toad he had the grab glitch fixed... I think.. SO I think snoopy can do it for you as well. Btw if there are any good texture people here in the MR thread, Id like to try and brawlify toad's texture.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Did you ask snoopy for help on the grab glitch? Last time I played toad he had the grab glitch fixed... I think.. SO I think snoopy can do it for you as well. Btw if there are any good texture people here in the MR thread, Id like to try and brawlify toad's texture.
Nope, already asked and it's just because he's a trophy. :(
And I don't really see how you can improve on toad's texture.

Edit: And as a request, hey GALOT, would you be able to maybe make a moveset and stats for poppant? I only ask because you're the best at doing so. :3

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
sorry for taking a time for posting a guide how to fix the HaveN glitch D:
I did the guide but it disappeared so I need to make it again ;_;

kangaroogreen? can I take a look on wheelie? :3 I might be able to fix the "grab-glitch"

Galot and kangaroogreen: You could make the B attack for "candy toss" (a attack I have thinked about)
he throwing candy and presents to the opponent, it disappearing after it. a simulation to "kirby's olimar B attack"

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace

kangaroogreen? can I take a look on wheelie? :3 I might be able to fix the "grab-glitch"

Galot and kangaroogreen: You could make the B attack for "candy toss" (a attack I have thinked about)
he throwing candy and presents to the opponent, it disappearing after it. a simulation to "kirby's olimar B attack"
Sure go ahead and look at him. :3

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace

Could you take a look at toad

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
I've finished the moveset.

Get on MSN when you have time KG, I'll give it to you there.

EDIT: Here I am the rest of the evening later, with a moveset burning a hole in my pocket.

I oughta post all these sets I have written down on KC:MM or something.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
don't worry Gemini, i'll get Toad holding items, and then i'll send you the files.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
...Wait, you mean you overlooked the Toad set when I posted it earlier? Ah, whatever.

Trying to think of changes to his specials, actually. If you have any ideas I'll be on MSN.

Top Bottom