• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minions' Revenge - A new minion comes, and an old friend returns.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Yeah, I got the TransN glitch on Toad fixed but uh, I had to sacrifice his left arm. Yeah.
And there was no other way to do it, but on the bright side, he still has a left hand. :)

Now I just have to make his right leg stop dissapearing. :mad:
Hmm now that wont do.. whats toad without his arm.. I gotta find snoopy

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
If you guys want I can get you toad's model from nsmbwii i have the iso and I wouldn't mind getting the model. Its just so he can have his left arm back!

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
you called Gemini? i saw your Toad, and i would have posted a fixed model by now, but my hacking computer is being stupid, it keeps claiming that another program is using the file i try to edit with brawlbox and it wont let me save anything. but i did look at it, and to best fit Toad's bone structure, he will have to go over Olimar or Yoshi, and when you do, rename BodyM to TransN and that should fix the walking glitch as well as the throwing and being grabbed glitch.

and to clear a little confusion a few pages back, i was working on making Waddle Doo be on Pikachu instead of Olimar. i think Dark Horse or someone else was asking.

and yes, NSMBWii uses MDL0's. i dont have it though. it would be nice to try that Bowser Jr model out to see if it can open it's mouth, though.

Serrix

Smash Journeyman
you called Gemini? i saw your Toad, and i would have posted a fixed model by now, but my hacking computer is being stupid, it keeps claiming that another program is using the file i try to edit with brawlbox and it wont let me save anything. but i did look at it, and to best fit Toad's bone structure, he will have to go over Olimar or Yoshi, and when you do, rename BodyM to TransN and that should fix the walking glitch as well as the throwing and being grabbed glitch.

and to clear a little confusion a few pages back, i was working on making Waddle Doo be on Pikachu instead of Olimar. i think Dark Horse or someone else was asking.

and yes, NSMBWii uses MDL0's. i dont have it though. it would be nice to try that Bowser Jr model out to see if it can open it's mouth, though.
OSH*T. SOMEONE GET A BOO MODELS OUT OF THERE. Or a Dry Bones... Oh, and the different Bros. And perhaps a Lakitu or two?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
That was me. You should keep the electric effects, for obvious reasons.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
The master? 0_0
It can't be that hard, cuz it's basically a toad. Wait, does he switch beetween forms, or does he stay at one?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions.
He would have to be in one form since he can only go on Olimar or Yoshi. We could make the other form an alternate costume.

His moveset would have to consist of a lot of Martial Arts moves if a PSA of The Master was done.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
He would have to be in one form since he can only go on Olimar or Yoshi. We could make the other form an alternate costume.

His moveset would have to consist of a lot of Martial Arts moves if a PSA of The Master was done.
K. I hope this works. "Daydreams about playing as the master".

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
K. I hope this works. "Daydreams about playing as the master".
Woah skipper, I'm not making The Master right now. Like I said earlier, I have another project in the works. One that will likely take a very long time between the various stages. I am only getting down the basic animations. After I finish them and everything is set-up for a test.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Woah skipper, I'm not making The Master right now. Like I said earlier, I have another project in the works. One that will likely take a very long time between the various stages. I am only getting down the basic animations. After I finish them and everything is set-up for a test.

Okay, okay, I can wait. I sent a request to the people who made brawlbox to make it mac compatible. Hope they
listen.

Edit: the people on the brawlbox boards say that a mac version has come out, but I can't find it. Hmm....

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Toad will be on yoshi so maybe the master can be his final smash
I think The Master would work better as a separate character to be quite honest. He sets himself apart from the Toads as being the only known Toad character that fights Mario, and being the only one known to practice a Martial Art during gameplay.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Does it use MDL0s? If so, GET US SOME MINIONS FROM THERE!!!!
yes it does but there is some problems
first, they are too big and need to be scaled down but if you using Fortwaffles mdl0 scaling program and using their original animations = mld0 will get fail. so you need to make your own animations and it is timecomsuning. (or I think you can scale it in PSA but the hit/hurt boxes will mess up I believe)

second, they doesn't have many bones and it can case the problem.
unlike the brawlmdl0 bonetree, they have TopN, EyeN, TransN, XrotN so on and NSMBWII will start with a bone on its body AFTER the first bone (with some mld0s) and the walk glitch will become D:
you can swap the index's but some bones it doesn't work D:

and sorry if I haven't hacked lately xD
my computer is on school to be upgrade to windows 7 <.<
will get it back next week. will make my machinima I planing to do and continue the progress of Dusknoir, Nintendogs and Piranha plant (maybe bob-omb too)

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
If you guys want I can get you toad's model from nsmbwii i have the iso and I wouldn't mind getting the model. Its just so he can have his left arm back!
That would be awsome man thank you

I think The Master would work better as a separate character to be quite honest. He sets himself apart from the Toads as being the only known Toad character that fights Mario, and being the only one known to practice a Martial Art during gameplay.
Yes that makes a lot of sense... Maybe when I finish Toad(seeing as getting animations wont be a problem) You can make The Master afterwards

@Pikazz

Think you could help me with some animations for Toad after I put him over Yoshi..btw, should I get the NSMBWii Version or Smash Bros Brawl version I only have one at the moment though and Id really enjoy your help

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
That would be awsome man thank you

Yes that makes a lot of sense... Maybe when I finish Toad(seeing as getting animations wont be a problem) You can make The Master afterwards

@Pikazz

Think you could help me with some animations for Toad after I put him over Yoshi..btw, should I get the NSMBWii Version or Smash Bros Brawl version I only have one at the moment though and Id really enjoy your help
Though I can think of another character that can be a Vertex hack on Toad that you could maybe do after finishing Toad.

Jinx from Super Mario RPG: LotSS (Legends of the Seven Stars).

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Though I can think of another character that can be a Vertex hack on Toad that you could maybe do after finishing Toad.

Jinx from Super Mario RPG: LotSS (Legends of the Seven Stars).

For now The people you mentioned will be textures for toad untill further planning only two will be special seeing as im creating myself on toad

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
@Pikazz

Hmm, the NSMBWII mld0 are big and doesn't have the right walk bone (except for the first bone I believe will work) and MKWII mdl0 are the same.
M&S ATOWG are almost the same size like brawl but believe toad haven't any low polygon so the head and body are separate and mdl0 often mess up ingame
I believe NSMWii mld0 are the best, the scale can be used in PSA but hit/hurtboxes could mess up or Fortwaffles mdl0 scaling program but you have to correct the animations A LOT! (if fortwaffles program can scale the animations :p )

otherwise the SSBB version can go but he can be very stiff, (no movement in fingers, always same face) but the model already working in game and I bet fixing the walk glitch is pretty easy with that model xD

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Hmm, the NSMBWII mld0 are big and doesn't have the right walk bone (except for the first bone I believe will work) and MKWII mdl0 are the same.
M&S ATOWG are almost the same size like brawl but believe toad haven't any low polygon so the head and body are separate and mdl0 often mess up ingame
I believe NSMWii mld0 are the best, the scale can be used in PSA but hit/hurtboxes could mess up or Fortwaffles mdl0 scaling program but you have to correct the animations A LOT! (if fortwaffles program can scale the animations :p )

otherwise the SSBB version can go but he can be very stiff, (no movement in fingers, always same face) but the model already working in game and I bet fixing the walk glitch is pretty easy with that model xD
Well the face can easily be changed with texturizing and who is really gunna be looking at the fingers while playing brawl.. I see what your saying with NSMWii and that could become a problem. Soo what do you suppose we do here?

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Well the face can easily be changed with texturizing and who is really gunna be looking at the fingers while playing brawl.. I see what your saying with NSMWii and that could become a problem. Soo what do you suppose we do here?
SUPER KANGAROOGREEN TO THE RESCUE!! :laugh:

The single most easiest way to do animations is by value changing in Brawlbox. Let me explain.
I'm kind of away from my computer at the moment, soooo I'll try it with photos in my photobucket.

OK.
First, go to a bone like RlegJ (probably not called this, just an example.) and look at the translation for X, Y and Z. then copy and paste it over the X,Y and Z values for the new animation.

In another way to explain it.

If the X translation is 16 for a bone, then you give him Kirby's wait1 animation.
Then go to the first frame.
and the X translation for the bone will be different, so change the X value to 16 and do the same for the Y and Z value for every important bone (NOT HipN DON'T TOUCH IT!)

At the end, the character will probably be floating so just give them a lower Y translation on XRotN for the first frame until they're level with the ground.

This is the easiest way to make animations that look good with litte effort. Found it out when I gave Mario a FALCON PAWNCH!!! :laugh: HOPE THIS HELPS!

I will explain it better when I get to my computer.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Im back. How's everyone doing?

@kangaroogreen

I think I get it: If the the animations share similar bones, you can change the X Y Z values to the values of the second animation, it will create the same animation. Am i right?

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Im back. How's everyone doing?

@kangaroogreen

I think I get it: If the the animations share similar bones, you can change the X Y Z values to the values of the second animation, it will create the same animation. Am i right?
Now you get it! :)

And if the bone names aren't the same, then just cheat and rename the bone. :laugh:
and did you try the windows emulator yet?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Sure. :)
I was gonna do a step by step picture one, but the computer I was using was too crappy to run Brawlbox.

And as for Brawlbox for a mac, I don't really have anything to do right now so i'll look for that.

Edit: Found it (Easy) right here :http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=7603.0
Are you gunna be on the chat? Itd be so much easier if you explained it step by step to me that way i could put it in notepad

ATTENTION!

TOAD WORKS OVER YOSHI! Of course the moveset is off and he looks weird because of it but HE WORKS!!!
ANIMATION PEOPLE WHO SAID THEY WOULD HELP...(if anyone did.. :l) Whenever your ready ill send you toads texture also..

This is what my character looks like..well one of his costumes anyway( I mean my toad costumes)

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Sure. :)
I was gonna do a step by step picture one, but the computer I was using was too crappy to run Brawlbox.

And as for Brawlbox for a mac, I don't really have anything to do right now so i'll look for that.

Edit: Found it (Easy) right here :http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=7603.0

OMFG thanks so much. I'll have it up and
running by thursday (when school gets
out)

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
hm... let me think.
well, the NSMBWII is better by the grapfics way, model is OK and he can move (i think) all part on his body but the problem will be the animations. Big problem to get animations work property and it is time comsuming to make all animations by yourself or make the original animations work with the scaled mld0 (or you can have toad giant so the original animations problem is gone :chuckle: (now I thinking twice, maybe he will be around the same size as bowser D: ))

But the SSBB model is better with the Techniuce way, the bonetree seems already fit to brawl (TopN, HaveN, RotN ect and if it mess up with walking glitch, it should be easy to fix) and he has some animations already but the big problem is the graphics, not much moveable bones (fingers will be stuck like his hand ect)

My opinion is to try NSMBWII and see how good and bad it is :3 and I think he will be great x3 it if not gonna work, you have SSBB model as a plan B x3

OH! now I thinking, can it be posibly that FitCharacter.pac HAS the bone movement index and editing it will change the characters movement index (ex TransN -> Xrot and vice versa) in project SA?
SUPER KANGAROOGREEN TO THE RESCUE!! :laugh:

The single most easiest way to do animations is by value changing in Brawlbox. Let me explain.
I'm kind of away from my computer at the moment, soooo I'll try it with photos in my photobucket.

OK.
First, go to a bone like RlegJ (probably not called this, just an example.) and look at the translation for X, Y and Z. then copy and paste it over the X,Y and Z values for the new animation.

In another way to explain it.
*PICS*

If the X translation is 16 for a bone, then you give him Kirby's wait1 animation.
Then go to the first frame.
and the X translation for the bone will be different, so change the X value to 16 and do the same for the Y and Z value for every important bone (NOT HipN DON'T TOUCH IT!)

At the end, the character will probably be floating so just give them a lower Y translation on XRotN for the first frame until they're level with the ground.

This is the easiest way to make animations that look good with litte effort. Found it out when I gave Mario a FALCON PAWNCH!!! :laugh: HOPE THIS HELPS!

I will explain it better when I get to my computer.
Dont understand that :/
I mean, if you change one keyframe in brawlbox, should't the next keyframe change too in one animation?
(I mean like this: )
key frame 1 x: 100.58 keyframe 7 x: 101.6003
EDIT keyframe 1x: 11.12 Keyframe 7 x: 101.6003

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
hm... let me think.
well, the NSMBWII is better by the grapfics way, model is OK and he can move (i think) all part on his body but the problem will be the animations. Big problem to get animations work property and it is time comsuming to make all animations by yourself or make the original animations work with the scaled mld0 (or you can have toad giant so the original animations problem is gone :chuckle: (now I thinking twice, maybe he will be around the same size as
bowser D: ))

But the SSBB model is better with the
Techniuce way, the bonetree seems
already fit to brawl (TopN, HaveN, RotN
ect and if it mess up with walking glitch,
it should be easy to fix) and he has
some animations already but the big
problem is the graphics, not much
moveable bones (fingers will be stuck
like his hand ect)

My opinion is to try NSMBWII and see how good and bad it is :3 and I think he will be great x3 it if not gonna work, you
have SSBB model as a plan B x3

OH! now I thinking, can it be posibly that FitCharacter.pac HAS the bone movement index and editing it will
change the characters movement index
(ex TransN -> Xrot and vice versa) in
project SA?

Dont understand that :/
I mean, if you change one keyframe in brawlbox, should't the next keyframe change too in one animation?
(I mean like this: )
key frame 1 x: 100.58 keyframe 7 x: 101.6003

EDIT keyframe 1x: 11.12 Keyframe 7 x: 101.6003
Yes, if we are going to pick a wii game to get toad animations from, it should be NSMBWII, as it seems to have the most animations.

@ kangaroogreen:

how's wheelie going?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Toad's Successful Port and Some XD Time + Moveset Idea

So as you know Toad Successful Ported over Yoshi but since I dinit have him in T-Pose Position
i let yoshi's movset take over and heres what went happened LOL

THE MISHAPS OF TOAD Version 0 XD

BUTT ATTACK

GEMINI'S ARRIVAL

KICK

RUNNING

XD XD XD XD

No but seriously this has gotta be fixed i cant even see his face

Moveset Plan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DKMvcs8AcM

Yes, if we are going to pick a wii game to get toad animations from, it should be NSMBWII, as it seems to have the most animations.
If you or someone wouldn't mind hexing the animations it would be most appreciated

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
So as you know Toad Successful Ported over Yoshi but since I dinit have him in T-Pose Position
i let yoshi's movset take over and heres what went happened LOL

THE MISHAPS OF TOAD Version 0 XD

BUTT ATTACK

GEMINI'S ARRIVAL

KICK

RUNNING

XD XD XD XD

No but seriously this has gotta be fixed i cant even see his face

Moveset Plan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DKMvcs8AcM

If you or someone wouldn't mind hexing the animations it would be most appreciated
I lol'd so badly. This is why you create new animations.

I still have school. Once I get out, I'll work on Gim. So I probably can't do it.

Edit: to tell you the truth, I don't know how to hex. I just suggested it.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
I lol'd so badly. This is why you create new animations.

I still have school. Once I get out, I'll work on Gim. So I probably can't do it.

Edit: to tell you the truth, I don't know how to hex. I just suggested it.
Oh its fine. Hey Camonster you up for it?. Also on an other note I need a vertex hacker probably GameWatching.. well anyone actually im trying to make toads mushroom an afro. give him glasses

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Alright my laptop's up and running so let's get the show on the road.
First, let's look at Toad's LLegJ. The Translation X and Y are hard to remember so first copy the X. Then open up the animation you want to fix. (i'm using ness' wait1.)
MAKE SURE IT'S ON THE FIRST FRAME.

Then click on the animation and look at the X, Y and Z translation. They're going to be different.

Then change them to the normals. like so.

Next, go to another important bone, I'm using LFootJ. And then copy the X, Y and Z translation.

Then replace them on the fixed animation. like so.

And then finish the animations by doing the same for the rest of the bones, NOT HipN or TopN or TransN or any of the RotN's and it should look like this.

his arm still looks weird sometimes so you just need to copy the X rotation which is -180.

Then paste the -180 on every X rotation keyframe (when it turns yellow) and then take away the (-) minus sign on every Z rotation keyframe, so it looks like this.

Now you're almost done, You just need to fix the feet by changing the X rotation of every keyframe in the foot bone to 0. And the finished result should look like this. :)

and here's the new animation. :http://www.mediafire.com/?qmfzjdokrqt

I really hope this helps :)

and to Pikazz, I would really like to know how you fixed modes out of NSMBW because every time I try, it crashes brawlbox.

Top Bottom