• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mindgames?

AfroChimp

Smash Cadet
lol diddy b-reverse peanut cancel 3 times, z drop banana, ledge run to bait air dodge to spike lols, oh and random diddy fair. i love ****** mk

DFEAR

Smash Hero
how do i mind game my opponent?

what a complex question.

learn the in and outs of why people do things and why people have habits and how one can shut a player down completely by taking away several of his supposed "best" options

you can base your punishes on reaction or proaction.

with mind games it requires proaction, thus adaptation is key.

do the smarter thing and just keep playing ull figure it out

Grump

Smash Apprentice
If you REALLY want to get good, watch a few martial arts lessons that are open-house. Even better, if you have a friend taking martial arts, let them teach you a little bit. I learned a TON by watching my little bro's Taekwando lessons. Also pick up a book on psychology (preferably a used text-book that's not 5+ years old).

Then go to all the character forums and figure out their best VS. METAKNIGHT. By learning to deprive them the opportunity of these moves (as mentioned above), you'll be a step ahead. Then learn what they like to do when presented with a shielded character.

If you don't learn the mindgames, you won't go very far in tournies.

Top Bottom