Mimikyu Just Wants Some Friends! Mimikyu for Smash 5!

Guynamednelson

Smash Lord
Premium
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
NNID
Nelson340
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Is it possible that Sakurai found out about Mimikyu's popularity too late? Because the move it does as a Poke Ball is a bigger USUM reference than anything Incineroar does.

UserKev

Smash Lord
Is it possible that Sakurai found out about Mimikyu's popularity too late? Because the move it does as a Poke Ball is a bigger USUM reference than anything Incineroar does.
No. Sakurai was most likely already aware of Mimikyu's popularity since it immediately became known. Just its body type portions were seemly unworkable to Sakurai.

UserKev

Smash Lord
I can visualize Mimikyu having the most amazing Smash attacks and grab game. While slow on the ground, it would still have reliable coverage.

Mimikyu was a hidden gem for Smash. Its play style was to be visually stunning. It probably wouldn't have taken skill to learn tho. Haha

UserKev

Smash Lord
I wish Mimikyu could see an echo of the dedication in the Lycanroc thread. Are we really nearing the end of Mimikyu? Is relevancy that much a source for hype and discussion? Funny how this character suddenly became my most wanted when I was completely neutral on it and, still is. I wish there was more Mimikyu Smash visuals. Looking back, Wow was that congratulations fan art great! I really want to see how well Mimikyu could translate, its grab game, Recovery and a variety of ways Mimikyu's disguise mechanic could have functioned. It'd be a real bummer if Mimikyu's consideration was ultimately due to the missing ingredient of bandwagon appeal.