• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
This pisses me off beyond reason, Sonic Team hasn't made a bad game in a while...
Sonic team has made amazing titles, but they aren't doing so good.... I have a feeling if Nintendo made Lost World it would have been ten times better, because they know how to make amazing 3d platformers. Granted sonic colors was amazing, I feel like Sonic Team has lost the touch.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
It'll happen as long as you continue to predict his appearance every chance you get. :laugh:
Dr. Luigi could just not be in the game, in which case he will always be wrong.
Besides, most of everything was probably put into the game before we even knew of the existence of Dr. Luigi, therefore his chances of being put in are low.

Morbi

Scavenger
Dr. Luigi could just not be in the game, in which case he will always be wrong.
Besides, most of everything was probably put into the game before we even knew of the existence of Dr. Luigi, therefore his chances of being put in are low.
Fallacious, Sakurai was entirely aware of Dr. Luigi far before any of us. Secondly, there is nothing to indicate that alternate costumes are developed early.

It'll happen as long as you continue to predict his appearance every chance you get. :laugh:
I intend to. :cool:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sonic team has made amazing titles, but they aren't doing so good.... I have a feeling if Nintendo made Lost World it would have been ten times better, because they know how to make amazing 3d platformers. Granted sonic colors was amazing, I feel like Sonic Team has lost the touch.
I'd have to disagree here. It doesn't matter if Nintendo, Sega, or anyone else would've made it.
Would it be different? Sure. But different =/= better. It's not who does it that matters, it's the execution. Look at Colors.
And to be fair, Nintendo has also screwed up here and there. It's not like they've been perfect with the last couple of years.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Generations was great, so maybe they just released one mediocre game since then.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Fallacious, Sakurai was entirely aware of Dr. Luigi far before any of us. Secondly, there is nothing to indicate that alternate costumes are developed early.
Hmm, despite me thinking that you're joking. This is pretty interesting to think about. How much information does other parts of nintendo share with Sakurai about games that are to come out so that he can put elements of those games into smash bros.

I doubt they do this since smash bros. tends to have a delay between the content and the time a game is released. But if this time other developers were to share information with Sakurai early on in the development of smash bros then he could implement those things and perhaps have content from a game that wasn't even released by the time smash 4 comes out. Just imagine having a character and/or stage from the new X game before X even gets released!!

Morbi

Scavenger
Hmm, despite me thinking that you're joking. This is pretty interesting to think about. How much information does other parts of nintendo share with Sakurai about games that are to come out so that he can put elements of those games into smash bros.

I doubt they do this since smash bros. tends to have a delay between the content and the time a game is released. But if this time other developers were to share information with Sakurai early on in the development of smash bros then he could implement those things and perhaps have content from a game that wasn't even released by the time smash 4 comes out. Just imagine having a character and/or stage from the new X game before X even gets released!!
It is entirely based on assumptions, and I don't necessarily have any evidence to prove it. I am just being realistic, it is logical. You can assert the opposite as there is nothing to indicate this (aside from Pokemon Company/Game Freak and Intelligent Systems). Rosalina might indicate the very same. It is all circumstantial. The point being, I realistically comprehend how these things work.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I kinda love days after an uninteresting post. Feels like there's no where to go but up =D

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Generations was great, so maybe they just released one mediocre game since then.
True very true, technically 2 mediocre games, but I think they need some new faces. Do you know what intrigues me most about Zelda Wii U? The development team. They essentially have 3 different teams working on one game. One that was Zelda Wii U, one is Wind Waker HD, and one with A Link Between worlds. So here's the interesting part. One dev team was working on original ideas such as changing the setting and controls, as stated by Aunoma. One team Wind Waker HD tested more of controls and gyroscope technology, as well as graphics. It also revisited exploration, and how it contributed to the Zelda series in general, of which they can put into Zelda Wii U. Then we have the development team of A Link Between Worlds, which was a huge stem changer, it focused on innovation, and a classic feel. It relooked Zelda mechanics and used it as test. It was very successful. Aonuma has stated he had these developers constantly switching these teams, providing new ideas for the next, but now these 3 teams are now working together to bring all these ideas together. Innovation, graphics, exploration, change of formula, classic feeling, modern feeling and even more. It will probably be the best zelda game because it's all these ideas that made Zelda great and put it into this game. Sonic needs something like this, and Sonic Boom might be one to do that

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Lost World was awesome, Generations was downright amazing, Unleashed was 3/4 great, Colors was epic. I think Sonic Team's only actually-bad game is Sonic 06'. Sonic Lost World was nowhere near mediocre, it was really friggin' awesome.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Lost World was awesome, Generations was downright amazing, Unleashed was 3/4 great, Colors was epic. I think Sonic Team's only actually-bad game is Sonic 06'. Sonic Lost World was nowhere near mediocre, it was really friggin' awesome.
I honestly thought Sonic '06 was a "so bad it's good" kind of game.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I honestly thought Sonic '06 was a "so bad it's good" kind of game.
Nah, the only redeeming factor of that game is the amazing music. Sonic 06' does a full loop and becomes so bad it's good, then does another full loop and becomes so bad it's good, but so bad it's still bad.

Last edited:

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Not to seem like I'm trying to instigate but nobody questioned or reacted poorly to the use of the word "entitled" until you mentioned it... I mean we were all reacting to that article on IGN which kind of actually called for the use of the word.

Now calling other users entitled when they show some dissatisfaction, yeah, that's unnecessary.
True. I spoke too soon and assumed that there was an argument going on (I was catching up on reading the post at the time so I was a few pages behind). However, to be fair, every other time someone made the "entitled speech" there was an unnecessary debate, so my assumption has some ground. Still, I apologize for (ironically) instigating an argument myself. Sorry everyone!

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
True. I spoke too soon and assumed that there was an argument going on (I was catching up on reading the post at the time so I was a few pages behind). However, to be fair, every other time someone made the "entitled speech" there was an unnecessary debate, so my assumption has some ground. Still, I apologize for (ironically) instigating an argument myself. Sorry everyone!
Also, a Smash fan demanding decent updates isn't being 'entitled'. Sakurai PROMISED updates, he's supposed to deliver...the fact that Rosalina's dress holds the cosmos or that Luigi's nose looks smooth aren't updates, they're NONSENSE.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Nah, the only redeeming factor of that game is the amazing music. Sonic 06' does a full loop and becomes so bad it's good, then does another full loop and becomes so bad it's good, but so bad it's still bad.
Still, there's so many quotes. So many memes. It's beautiful.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I can definitely see the confusion. And I don't think anyone would blame you for assuming the worst if the worst is what you've seen haha.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
I predict another bombshell for us to mull over for the weekend.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I'm anticipating some sort of new information, probably something unexpected….hopefully

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I predict another bombshell for us to mull over for the weekend.
This is always my hope for Friday updates, though of course those hopes aren't always met.

But after today's fairly blah update, I feel like he wouldn't post two in a row. Save for that one week where we got Ashley as our only good pic, he's been pretty giving lately.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Still, there's so many quotes. So many memes. It's beautiful.

Also, I'm expecting us to find out that there are hearts under Peach's skirt and magical sparkles under Zelda's.

And that there's huge something in Miss Fit's pants that makes her more of a man than any male on this entire forum.

Edit: And apparently the forum glitched out and can't tell that I made a post, so it still thinks M&SG's is the latest one. XD

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Also, a Smash fan demanding decent updates isn't being 'entitled'. Sakurai PROMISED updates, he's supposed to deliver...the fact that Rosalina's dress holds the cosmos or that Luigi's nose looks smooth aren't updates, they're NONSENSE.
Sakurai promised that he would post a screenshot of the game every day Monday through Friday. Other than a brief vacation, he has faithfully done just that. He did not at any point promise that these screenshots would be updates or reveals; while they may contain new information, that's merely a bonus and is not a part of any sort of "promise". Since they so often contain such things, some people have developed an expectation that they always should or even more that they should contain information of sufficient novelty for their personal preference. For instance, a good look at a fairly unique aerial on a newcomer may be considered a bad screenshot by some of them. These same people then sometimes, amazingly, feel "wronged" when their expectations are not met. Yes, I think that attitude can only be described as entitled, or perhaps I should say that entitled is the most generous way to describe it.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
For tomorrow, I think I predict…
…an image.:troll:

In all seriousness, I predict a stage or an update on a move.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Sakurai promised that he would post a screenshot of the game every day Monday through Friday. Other than a brief vacation, he has faithfully done just that. He did not at any point promise that these screenshots would be updates or reveals; while they may contain new information, that's merely a bonus and is not a part of any sort of "promise". Since they so often contain such things, some people have developed an expectation that they always should or even more that they should contain information of sufficient novelty for their personal preference. For instance, a good look at a fairly unique aerial on a newcomer may be considered a bad screenshot by some of them. These same people then sometimes, amazingly, feel "wronged" when their expectations are not met. Yes, I think that attitude can only be described as entitled, or perhaps I should say that entitled is the most generous way to describe it.
All them words. All of them.

Espio264

Smash Ace
He's obviously gonna commemorate the 1 week anniversary of revealing Lucario by revealing Mewtwo.

And if you don't like it, get off my boat! Darn kids.

Dott

Smash Ace
He's gonna reveal Ice Climbers, because tomorrow has nothing to do with Ice Climbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom