• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well damn this is boring. Only a little more than two weeks and at least I'll have Sm4sh 3DS to overcome POTD's disappointment.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Did he? When did he last do that, it was probably too long ago for me to remember...
Last time was during Little Mac's reveal, which was a super early Pic of the Day. Like nearly 4-6 hours early.

But that was during the previous day and was a new "picture". The early morning picture still existed regardless. He's never outright skipped a day entirely at all.

He could due to the holiday, and forgot to tell us. It's lame, but completely possible.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Did he? When did he last do that, it was probably too long ago for me to remember...
If I remember correctly, back in December last year he took a week off and told us he wasn't going to update the site for a few days. And I don't think he's ever missed another day anyways, so...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It isn't like Sakurai to not inform us if he doesn't plan on updating, I'll give it a few hours more.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Hmm? Did the official Japanese site change somehow? That Black Bar where you click to see recent updates is gone, and replaced with something, I Think.

Not sure what the new Link links to, as it is in Japanese. :/

Last edited:
Hmm? Did the official Japanese site change somehow? That Black Bar where you click to see recent updates is gone, and replaced with something, I Think.

I just skimmed through the Japanese site half an hour ago. Nothing changed. Or at least it didn't at the time.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627

From Google translate it looks like there was a bug that banned people for immediately pulling a turnip as Peach while online. They're fixing it and expect an update soon.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
From Google translate it looks like there was a bug that banned people for immediately pulling a turnip as Peach while online. They're fixing it and expect an update soon.
Ah, so that's what that said. :) It is new, at least, right? I didn't see it Before. And I can't find the notification Bar from Before.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah, so that's what that said. :) It is new, at least, right? I didn't see it Before. And I can't find the notification Bar from Before.
Well, it has zero effect on other regions, so I would expect him to not update the other versions of the site. :p

I don't think it means anything of note.

But eh. We may just have a day with no PotD without warning. Things happen. And I'm sure he isn't done either way. It's just one of those days.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Aw screw it I'm going to sleep. Maybe they're adding a ton of stuff to the site, there's still a couple of hours left until midnight in Japan. Here's hoping we do get something today.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Probably scrambling to fix the online issue with Peach where if you pick up a vegetable at the start of an online match you get booted from the match and banned for a week for cheating.

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
We already know basically how the Wii U main menu looks. Its very similar to the 3DS one. Kinda disappointing:
JfOB6rO.jpg

And the pic is REALLY late now. I am starting to doubt we are getting one today...

Last edited:

tyronimacaroni

Smash Rookie
NNID
Uri500
3DS FC
3566-1635-8208
First things first: sorry mods if this is in the wrong place, just couldn't find a board that applies to both the 3ds and wiiu versions, so this is the best place I could find to post it.

So as many of you all may have already noticed, there was no pic of the day today. Do you think this is a temporary thing, or do you all think this signifies the pic of the day is now gone with the Japanese release of the 3ds version?

One thing's for sure, I will miss the PotD if it is gone for good.

EDIT: Oh never mind, pic of the day is still going on, it just got posted later than usual today. Oops

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So it is a holiday today? Okay.
Yup, but that has not stopped him Before. Only time it did was at Christmas, and then he gave us a clear warning it wouldn't be any pics.

I just find it odd he would stop posting without telling. :/ Maybe the time for the pics has changed again.

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
I doubt it'll be gone for good since the Wii U version is still up for release, plus there is a Japanese holiday going on at the moment. Even if they choose to ignore that, the man deserves a break after all the hard work he put into this game, don't you think?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how long the PotD will be on hold. I would expect the site to eventually get all the secret characters, and the Wii U portion of the site needs to be made accessible and get some info. Hopefully, it's just a week or two break at most.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev

Pic of the day. Now that the game is out in Japan, the Conquest mode will be available in online multiplayer in the Japanese version. This is what the title screen will look like for the overseas version. In this mode, the game aggregates global wins among specific teams during a limited time and determines the victor. If you choose a participating fighter from the With Anyone option, you'll automatically participate in Conquest. We'll be running Conquest in beta for a while.

Also, Conquest data where players seem to be losing on purpose will be removed from the calculations. And lastly, there's no point in working on this mode too much on your own, so don't overdo it…

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Was that the online update he mentioned on Friday?

That was still a really bad update to make us wait over 4 hours for though.

That should've been something useful for non-Japanese players. Like more costumes/custom specials. Or an item not shown yet.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Wow... The latest update made so far is that?

Oh well, I was thinking we weren't getting one at all.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well, the Pic isn't up on the Site yet (not even Japanese one), so I guess a Site overhault is still possible. ^^

Exate

Smash Journeyman
It's... it's... a menu. After all those hours.
I think Sakurai nearly forgot all about PotD. :nervous:

Looking at this conquest mode... I know there was some red/green/blue team thing shown in the 3DS trailer during E3. I guess this mode was just barely finished, hence the day-one patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom