• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Sorry if someone already posted this, but looks like some guy on GameFAQs found something intriguing on the image used for the types of updates under 'Site Updates.'

Time for "Vs. Ridley" 2.0, heh. :troll:
He just claimed that this was from the data on the website? Sems fishay.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
It's so weird how for both Kirby and Donkey Kong we have one old stage each before a single new stage.... gets me worried.
It's only odd. Don't worry.

DK stage, I'd worry, perhaps because K Rool is a boss. But Kirby... the highest requested is Bandana Dee, there's no way he's a boss. It's just coincidence there hasn't been a kirby stage

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Hoping for a surprise from Sakurai like
"OH **** SMASH DIRECT TOMORROW FTW ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN ******* CHOO CHOO LMFAOOOO YAAASSSSSS THIS IS FOR YOU NIELICUS BABY ILY!!"
But, I'm probably wrong :c

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Oh no Bandana Dee discussion

I'll go with a 3DS stage today. We haven't gotten one last week so I figure starting this week with one would be swell.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hoping for a surprise from Sakurai like
"OH **** SMASH DIRECT TOMORROW FTW ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN *****ES CHOO CHOO LMFAOOOO!!"
But, I'm probably wrong :c
We are more than halfway through the month. So it is a good chance it will happen in the next 7 days. Unless they decide not to do another one, that is.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Hope we get a better start to the week than the end to last week. I mean Smash Run news welcome but... well it wasn't very newsworthy.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai has a decision to make right about now.
Any secrets he keeps until release are only going to be kept secret until the JAPANESE release.
He can either keep quiet and give us the same kinds of updates he usually does for the next few weeks, or he can start going nuts with the reveals.

Basically it's up to him how he wants his game to be revealed to the world. He can either do it himself and give away the surprises beforehand, or he can let Japan leak all of the information when the game comes out.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It is crazy that it is less than a month until we get to know the full roster. I can't wait, but I'm a bit nervous.

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
Any secrets he keeps until release are only going to be kept secret until the JAPANESE release.
He can either keep quiet and give us the same kinds of updates he usually does for the next few weeks, or he can start going nuts with the reveals.

Basically it's up to him how he wants his game to be revealed to the world. He can either do it himself and give away the surprises beforehand, or he can let Japan leak all of the information when the game comes out.
If memory serves we got all the starter characters and stages before Brawl's Japanese release, the hidden elements were included in site updates after that.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ah, the weekend was nice. But it's time to bring back the Ganondorf hype. It's gonna last all week folks. What're you personally feeling tonight? AT? Item? Stage? Ganondorf? :p

I would be so happy with a music section

i love music
Yes. Music brings me the most joy. They're as hype as character reveals.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
If memory serves we got all the starter characters and stages before Brawl's Japanese release, the hidden elements were included in site updates after that.
Yeah that's what happened with Brawl. After the game came out in Japan he started posting "spoilers" and all of the hidden characters were question marks on the website. If I recall correctly, we even had a few newcomers that weren't shown off before the Japanese release date (ROB, Lucario, Wolf, and Toon Link i think).

I can definitely see him doing something similar this time around, but then again I really doubt that all 37 characters on the website are starters.

Last edited:

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's what happened with Brawl. After the game came out in Japan he started posting "spoilers" and all of the hidden characters were question marks on the website.

I can definitely see him doing something similar this time around, but then again I really doubt that all 37 characters on the website are starters.
Sonic and Snake were hidden in Brawl but revealed for promotional reasons, I imagine the same is true of Sonic, Mega Man and Pac Man. If we're edging close to 50 characters anyway 34 starters and 10-15 hidden characters doesn't feel too unreasonable to me.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
20 PotD's left until JP launch. C'mon Sakurai, just go reveal/disconfirm crazy.

Or announce another Direct...

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I would be so happy with a music section

i love music
I'd love to see pages for everything. That's one of the things the dojo did right. It was very organized and there were pages for all of the items and stages and assist trophies and everything. It kind of felt like a Brawl encyclopedia, which was cool.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

I wouldn't call it a leak if people find out about the game because the game comes out in Japan. That's not a leak, it's people talking about a game that's out. I'd say it'd be weird for Sakurai to start preemptively giving away the secrets of his game because he doesn't want the secrets to be revealed after the game is already out and people have played through it. That's the way the secrets are meant to be revealed anyways, and people without access to a game have been hearing about the secret characters through word of mouth as long as games have been around. Certainly Sakurai knew it would happen with Brawl but he still didn't reveal any characters until the game came out in Japan.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Ah, the weekend was nice. But it's time to bring back the Ganondorf hype. It's gonna last all week folks. What're you personally feeling tonight? AT? Item? Stage? Ganondorf? :p

Yes. Music brings me the most joy. They're as hype as character reveals.
I wish Ganondorf... Hopefully we get one of those "oh you didn't think we'd forget did you?" type pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom