• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"Pic of the day. In this Smash Bros. installment, this little guy is also making an appearance! I…don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom. He's from the Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (translated as The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls), which was only released in Japan."

"Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud."

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
All hail our lord Ganondorf!
Oh wait just one moment.... You lost weight didn't you Gany? Man, your pores have really cleaned up, what's your secret? Did you go to the potion shop? Man did I miss you, we have all been waiting for you........
Wait a minute......

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Pic of the day. In this Smash Bros. installment, this little guy is also making an appearance! I…don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom. He's from the Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (translated as The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls), which was only released in Japan.

Pft...even Sakurai has no idea who he's putting in Smash.

EDIT: Oh I thought when people called him Prince Sable that his NAME was Sable. Whoops. Nevermind

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Masahiro sakurwhy are you taking so long to put it in English.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, now I'm seriously considering telling my theory on tease by stage reveal.

I don't think this one is a tease as it deconfirms, but it's almost like he tries to fool us.

Like I said, be very careful on stage reveal.

Morbi

Scavenger
Regardless, I am going to pretend that this trophy is @BluePikmin11 on the battlefield. I am so used to his avatar that I associate Sable with him. In that event, it is great to have Blue as an assist trophy.

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
''Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud.''

Yeaaah, he's obviously an assist.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
These next few weeks leading up to the Japanese release date are going to be a deconfirmation massacre.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I could relate this PotD to Ganondorf's reveal by saying that Prince Sable is pointing to the future where the direct is shown followed by Ganon's PotD reveal hours afterward...but I'm sure that'd be a stretch :awesome:

EDIT - Welp. Nvm.

Well, @ Bosspon Bosspon ...you were right with your prediction :p

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So a disconfirmation, then?
Good information, but bad news for a certain flowery entity of a blueish hue.

Second photo confirms he is an assist trophy.

Pretty sure the stage he's on in the first picture is the T. Life stage.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Second picture:

"Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud."

Staarih

Smash Master
I assume he's an Assist because of the caption of the second pic.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
What a creative method of attack! This is more than I ever hoped for concerning his appearance, at least.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I could relate this PotD to Ganondorf's reveal by saying that Prince Sable is pointing to the future where the direct is shown followed by Ganon's PotD reveal hours afterward...but I'm sure that'd be a stretch :awesome:

Well, @ Bosspon Bosspon ...you were right with your prediction :p
...I guessed it was something nobody would guess, but now I'm feeling really down because of what this might mean for Blue.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Wow. This is a huge surprise. Sakurai is really paying attention to retro characters. First Taka, now the Prince.

It's really cool.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I especially love the "I…don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom." and the fact that they didn't just outright give the translation for the games name, they gave it in Japanese first.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai really wasn't kidding when he said he'd do his best to bring back old characters.

....though he didn't say they'd be playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom