• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse, and how it could legitimize the Smash community

Life

Smash Hero
Link to original post: [drupal=5376]Miiverse, and how it could legitimize the Smash community[/drupal]

So as we all know, there's been a pretty substantial WiiU infodump over the past few days.

I've never kidded myself about it: I know I'm going to get myself one of those eventually. Maybe not in the launch window, maybe not even in the first year, but not because of any doubts I might have about the system--because I just started college and I need the money. (Good thing I'm taking up Melee, right?.) So I read through all the stuff and I'm like "yeah, yeah, cool, shutupandtakemymoney.gif, yeah, nice, interesting"...

So it has this social thing called Miiverse. Basically a gamer's Facebook, Miiverse.... yeah. Boring, right?

So then I read this:

http://kotaku.com/5943417/the-wii-u-powers-up-to-nintendos-version-of-a-facebook-feed

And I'm thinking "yeah, NBD, is anyone here surpr--"
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; "> Quote:
In addition to the Miis, Fils-Aime says there will be "what we're calling 'tiles.'"

"These'll be the key games that the community are playing, buzzing about," he said. "Because of the deep linkage through Nintendo TVii with video services, these could also be movies. They could be TV shows, could be a range of different content, but it's bubbling up through the community, with the exception of

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The smash community does not need to be "legitimized".
^ This.

The Miiverse is still a pretty cool concept. It's all a matter of whether it will be done right, so that it's as convenient as Reggie claims, especially with Friend Codes being confirmed to return. All things considered, I don't think the Miiverse will do much of anything - if anything at all - for the Smash community; SWF and AiB are more than sufficient enough. I could be wrong though.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If Smash Brothers 4 has a lot of Miiverse interaction involved, I'd definitely take it more seriously. It then becomes something I don't have to invest so much in because I can be a part of the community with pretty much little effort, and playing with others wouldn't be as bothersome as it was with Brawl.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
I feel like it will be cool, but for some things it may be annoying, they said for some games other people's mii's can pop up and give advice and such, the only problem I see with that is useless spam and possible spoilers I wouldn't mind if there was a function to turn that off so I wouldn't see mii's in my game.

:phone:

Life

Smash Hero
"legitimized in the eyes of Nintendo"

That better?

Also, am I the only one who sees my post cut off in the middle?

Top Bottom