• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Icon

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Anyone notice it is just the smash Icon?

Is this rubbing anyone else the wrong way? I understand Find Mii is a separate game, but I'd rather them have just been give that crown icon.
At least then Mii would have a crown.
But now if I am a fighter, I have the same icon as enemies now.
Generic.
What.

edit: my theory is that the miis are not really even character-characters anyway. I mean, of course they are in, but they are essentially the 'create a character' option and it becomes a mii. It will likely not be an icon in the main roster, but rather a button on the side (just like every other game miis are in, almost) where it asks if you want to use a registered mii or create a new one.
They have no listed trailer because, technically, they arent really a character. Just a labeled option for character creation. Genius.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, they are Smash Bros' miis after all. They don't represent games, they have their own Smash gameplay.

It makes sense.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think they're also the multi man Melee team this time around also.

The Digital Event showed a glimpse of Battlefield with Mii heads in the top left corner.

So the Smash symbol makes sense.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I noticed that as well, they also don't have an official newcomer trailer uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube linked on the official site, and no Illustrations like the others.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Technically the Reggie Vs Iwata fight is their trailer. :laugh:
Yes haha, but they didn't upload it on Nintendo's YouTube or link it to the official site like the others. :/ That was awesome though.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
It's time for Fridge Brilliance

The Mii's represent the Smash symbol because they're the ultimate rep of the Smash series: The Players ^^

Keeshu

Smash Ace
What kind of symbol would the Mii's have if it wasn't the Smash symbol? I guess it could say "Mii", but I haven't seen anything other than that. I don't think they actually have a symbol of their own. Any symbols I know of are specificly for a game itself, not so much the Miis.

Though the fact that they have the smash symbol doesn't bother me in the slightest, since practicly everyone knows who Miis are unless you are someone under a giant rock in a canyon.

Personally I prefer the smash symbol over the boring ol "Mii" being there. *shrug*

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
What kind of symbol would the Mii's have if it wasn't the Smash symbol? I guess it could say "Mii", but I haven't seen anything other than that. I don't think they actually have a symbol of their own. Any symbols I know of are specificly for a game itself, not so much the Miis.

Though the fact that they have the smash symbol doesn't bother me in the slightest, since practicly everyone knows who Miis are unless you are someone under a giant rock in a canyon.

Personally I prefer the smash symbol over the boring ol "Mii" being there. *shrug*
The Miiverse symbol, the Mii logo, the Wii logo, Find Mii Crown, etc.

However, i agree that the smash symbol works for them. Especially if they turn out to be the new multi-man team for this game.

Last edited:

Weeginji

Smash Cadet
The way I see it, the whole shtick of Miis is to be flexible and adapt to whatever game they're put into. Sports, adventuring, whatever. They don't really have a defined role, series, or identity, so giving them original, customizable movesets and the Smash logo is actually quite fitting.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
My theory is like this: the Miis in Smash aren't anything at all like the Miis in any other game. They are essentially original characters created for Smash. Since they are the first playable OC characters for Smash, they get the Smash symbol.

Quite a prestigious distinction, don't you think?

But I think, like so many characters, they are a testament to Sakurai's creative talent.

Weeginji

Smash Cadet
Mii's as the new "Fighting" team would be pretty interesting. If that's the case, we likely have more aesthetic variety thanks to the multiple outfits, they're not derivative of other characters and have specials for the first time in the series, and though we have less types than Brawl, they've got a plethora of different moves to mix and match, so the overall variety is much greater than ever before. I think they'd be a perfect fit for the role.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yes haha, but they didn't upload it on Nintendo's YouTube or link it to the official site like the others. :/ That was awesome though.
Well, this brings me to an edit I'm putting in my first post

Top Bottom