• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Might Be Old, But, Snake's Bomb Jumping: Solo and Teams

Proverbs

Smash Lord
So, I'm sure that most have noticed by now that you can bomb jump with Snake using down+b twice in the air after using the cypher to get extra recovery, but I noticed the other day (I don't main Snake <.<;; ) that Snake's down+b plants bombs on people near you. So this is the theory. If you're playing teams with Snake (as most competitive battles have team attack on), how useful would the idea be of planting a bomb on your partner throughout the battle and detonating it anytime he has trouble recovering? I haven't tested all of this, but this may even be useful if your partner gets spiked, as I believe the bomb will make him go up instead, as well as interrupting the force of the spike--allowing him to recover. Of course Snake's bomb jump for solo or teams is always risky being that it deals around 30% or so damage (I think), but 30% is much better than death. So I was curious, if this option has been considered already, what was the verdict? And if it hasn't, then what do you guys think of it? I just wanted to post this here seeing as neither me nor my team partner will be using Snake in teams (most likely) and wanted to share something. Hope this helps and sorry if this has already been said and is a nuisance.

Zurik

Smash Rookie
It explodes automatically after a certain period of time, it will constantly be sticking from person to person and it takes away your ability to use c4 for other reasons. Sticking your teammates with c4 probably does have some use in team games but I doubt you'd get it to work for saving a teammate without having it go off early or accidentally transferring it to somebody else.

waks

Smash Journeyman
You'd probably have to get lucky to pull that off, cos you know, it might get transferred to another player and stuff like that.

Top Bottom