• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Honor Society (STANDINGS HAVE BEEN UPDATED 4/29/07)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol, I'd better start using Game & Watch in tourneys again...I switched to Samus recently >_>

That's 22 points per match!

I have at least 300 points, but I'll have to do the exact math later...

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
lol, I'd better start using Game & Watch in tourneys again...I switched to Samus recently >_>

That's 22 points per match!

I have at least 300 points, but I'll have to do the exact math later...
this doesnt take tournaments from teh past. we will be starting anew at the next major tourney.

top cat said:
I would love to be on this panel, I highly support more low tier representation at midwest tournaments
ok. you are on the subpanel. basically what you do is help us collect data at tournaments.

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
lolz the subpanel? is that like being a geek instead of a dweeb?
its like being a hired hand, except we dont pay you and you dont have a say in what the rules are.

HOWEVER, you can move up to the regular panel, but you dont even WANNA know what the test is

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
lolz i was just trying to offer my assistance, because i know a thing or two about low tiers, (since i main one, and play mostly all of them) I didnt know it was such a priviledge to be on this panel

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
lolz i was just trying to offer my assistance, because i know a thing or two about low tiers, (since i main one, and play mostly all of them) I didnt know it was such a priviledge to be on this panel
well look who's on the panel. nuff said.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Dude, you gotta get me in this. I play Ganon, and I'm not too bad. I've got honor out the ***.
are you saying you wanna be on the panel? if so you're in. but everyone in the midwest, unless they request otherwise, is having their matches recorded and scored for honor.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
I'd be honored to be on the panel. I take pride in the fact that majority of the matches I have to play in tournaments are uphill.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
i wanna join midwest honor society:
here are my credentials
-smash lord
-600+ karma on gamefaqs
-never gotten stale moves in my life
-could just use glitches and exploits to win every game but i choose not to
-measurements 36-32-50
-if you say no you're out of the crew

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
-600+ karma on gamefaqs
thats all i need to see.

although the rest was interesting........in fact some of it, the part about not using exploits, was erotic, while others were disgusting (your measurements, i hope, were in cm, otherwise your as fat as jiano).

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
My problem is making a point system just seems too hard. If you do points by match you have a serious problem. Lets say you have a best of 3 set. If you win the first match you might purposely lose the second just so you can play another match and get more honor points. Of course this falls under the whole sandbagging thing, and it's not always clear as to when someone sandbaggs. Yet if you do it by set how do you do the points if someone changes characters throughout the set. I'm thinking maybe you should do it by set and average the points based on what characters they used. So using a character like fox during the set will drop the average for the whole set.

I think you might want to think through some of the potential kinks though. I think it's a good idea but I wouldn't rush to getting this thing into tournies.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
My problem is making a point system just seems too hard. If you do points by match you have a serious problem. Lets say you have a best of 3 set. If you win the first match you might purposely lose the second just so you can play another match and get more honor points. Of course this falls under the whole sandbagging thing, and it's not always clear as to when someone sandbaggs. Yet if you do it by set how do you do the points if someone changes characters throughout the set. I'm thinking maybe you should do it by set and average the points based on what characters they used. So using a character like fox during the set will drop the average for the whole set.

I think you might want to think through some of the potential kinks though. I think it's a good idea but I wouldn't rush to getting this thing into tournies.
we had something like this before, but it doesnt work as well. why? because its not as accurate. someone could go low tier 2 times, use fox 1 time, and get away with getting low tier points. and if someone sandbags to just get the honor in the second match, then they will be given vidjo points depending on the severity.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
no, we absolutely have to rush this. brawl is right around the corner and with online play the age of chivalry and honor will be over. the tenets of our society must be instilled deep in the hearts of all mw for there to be any hope of avoiding anarchy.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
no, we absolutely have to rush this. brawl is right around the corner and with online play the age of chivalry and honor will be over. the tenets of our society must be instilled deep in the hearts of all mw for there to be any hope of avoiding anarchy.
thats funny, thats the EXACT opposite of what a GOOD samus would say, like phanna. you can figure out what that means.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
Well the system still rewards extra rounds in a set regardless of sandbagging or not. I just don't feel the point system is going to be very accurate. I still think averages are better since either way playing fox will hurt them. Your way you just add up every match right? So someone playing fox will put a damper on thier score. With averages it will put a damper on their score two. I think we should do averages of the set and then add the sets together, instead of adding every match. I'm not sure that you understood what I meant. Or maybe the fault is on my part so I'll have to look at this later.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
Well the system still rewards extra rounds in a set regardless of sandbagging or not. I just don't feel the point system is going to be very accurate. I still think averages are better since either way playing fox will hurt them. Your way you just add up every match right? So someone playing fox will put a damper on thier score. With averages it will put a damper on their score two. I think we should do averages of the set and then add the sets together, instead of adding every match. I'm not sure that you understood what I meant. Or maybe the fault is on my part so I'll have to look at this later.
It sounds to me like you're trying to exploit a flaw in the system. Thats not very honorable. Kishprime if he posts in this thread again give him a taste of the perma-ban.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
with that kind of explaining, NO ONE can understand what you mean. so far the only thing you've really said is, "we should use averages because its the same as adding matches, but more inaccurate". thats what i got from your post.

also, good **** crashman, way to rep DA.

watty = you are in this

DrewB008

Smash Lord
after discussing the ideas of how difficult it will be to keep track of everyone, and aob not letting us near the table, weve decided to make it volunteer participation. post in here to be considered during tournaments for mw honor society, and we will set up our own table at which you can report your matches if you want to be included. check first post for more details.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess I could record myself, idk the first tourny I will be able to attend that is for sure right now starts in march. So ya ill try and hold down the low teir "honor" in wisconsin. ill volunteer and keep tabs.

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
Well I guess I could record myself, idk the first tourny I will be able to attend that is for sure right now starts in march. So ya ill try and hold down the low teir "honor" in wisconsin. ill volunteer and keep tabs.
we are only recording at major, sponsored tournaments. the next one being smym.

Sliq

Smash Master
I would like to volunteer to be in this Honor society. SMYM is going to be too good, and I still need to beat Joe Bushman.

Jigglypuff is too good to be so low on the tier list.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Dam I'm screwed <_< I play falco and falcon.p Oh well good idea i guess. Hmm.... I can't play any other characters but i could look and see.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Hopefully I go to smym and get far with pika power. But if I have to, I guess I can pull out Link, ness, or Yoshi too.

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
Top Bottom