• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Maybe I just can't count lol. I think there are nine right now, right? After a mislynch and nk, there would be 7. Four town and three scum. A mislynch would lead to three to three, and after nk we would lose. Scum hitting the traitor would change this significantly in our favor, obviously.

That was my logic anyway. I'm going back up to make sure I counted correctly, but I'm pretty sure because 13 initial slots minus 4 deaths equals nine living slots, right?
...Gahh you're right, math is hard ya'll. XD

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Current scumreads for me are still Chaco and Rajam tbf, wouldn't overly mind a lynch on either.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Xivii Xivii : Why did you decide to recant your claim? Why at that particular time? What were you hoping to gain?

This is a strong slot for us to start with. I agree a lot with your ideas here actually. I may have been a little paranoid yesterday, but Cha was straight gunning for Zen regardless. Which did fuel a lot of chaos yesterday.
That post in particular is a discussion I would have rather had during D2 but never got around to it because of hammer came before I was able to. I don't think we should be in a hurry to lynch anyone. Anyway, I'm not sure if I want to lynch Chaco yet today. I would probably prefer Rajam at this moment and if Rajam flips scum then I think Chaco is likely scum as well.

Could you explain why Raj/Exlight? Is it purely from the wagons, or was there something off in their interactions too?
That comment is based on their behaviours on the wagons. I don't recall any particular between them that I've perceived as scummy, though I've found Raj's interactions very difficult to evaluate since they have been several days removed from what's actually going on, so they always come across as kind of stilted to me. Both do have interesting interactions with FrozenFlame, however... Frozen's read on Rajam (Jack) is shady. Frozen was pushing Exlight (somi) slot. On balance, I think that Rajam is more likely just mafia and Exlight is more likely just Town (more on Exlight below).

Laser, thoughts on Z25? Also, 2nd paragraph: Any conclusive stance on frozen's push on ExLight?
Exlight I have come around to the idea that they're probably Town. Frozen's push on Exlight feels a little too commital to me to be plausibly from a buddy. There were several low content slots to choose from if that was his intention; he could have just as easily gone for z25 slot or Mala slot or Jack slot. I think somitomi was maybe in kind of a sweet spot of being (probably) not mafia, but also not completely inactive which people seemed reluctant to push. For awhile I was considering that Exlight had a decent chance of being traitor, but they've posted a number of things that I just don't believe someone with that role PM in their hands would ever say. Most likely he's Town.

I am leaning scum on z25 at the moment. I don't like his push on Xivii and there are a number of posts in the latter parts of D2 that look very suspicious surrounding his reactions to BoomFrog and his claim. The only thing that I think is particularly Town motivating for him is that his slot is 3DS, whose play was so... well... it was what it was, but it didn't strike me as likely coming from mafia. That said, given that Frozen had very limited activity, if 3DS had another low activity buddy it's possible that he could have felt abandoned and given up.

Z25 is still scum, but my priority toDay is LaserGuy. Although I can't point specific scummy things, this slot has failed to leave a town impression so far. If anything I guess I can point:
- Not being around at the end of D1
Yeah, I'm usually not free on Saturday/Sundays except in the evenings. This is something that is true in pretty much all of my games, it's just aggravated this particular game because the deadlines are on the weekend for some reason.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Maybe I just can't count lol. I think there are nine right now, right? After a mislynch and nk, there would be 7. Four town and three scum. A mislynch would lead to three to three, and after nk we would lose. Scum hitting the traitor would change this significantly in our favor, obviously.

That was my logic anyway. I'm going back up to make sure I counted correctly, but I'm pretty sure because 13 initial slots minus 4 deaths equals nine living slots, right?
I don't think this discussion can really happen in the thread. People volunteering their opinions on this will likely narrow down the possible mason candidates to the point where the masons will probably be known anyway. Let the masons decide what is best.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Rajam is the play today. We shouldn't flash yeet, since I think the masons need to work out if they think we are likely to be in LYLO tomorrow to avoid counterclaim shenanigans. Still should probably go out relatively fast to avoid another day like yesterday where we talked in circles and almost yeeted him twice and he slithered out.

Vote Rajam

P.S. I'm going to be kinda busy for the next couple days since I have online college orientation and a bunch of college things with that.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Look, friends, the only way Xivii is scum is if he's the traitor, and if he's the traitor, he's with Boom and Laser anyway, so yeeting Boom -> Rajam -> Laser is still the game winning strategy.

How do I know this? Here's Xivii's first post:
Bringing this up.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Talk to me about this. Why were you so insistent that we push for Boom and end the day early? What happened to Rajam = claimed scum?
The case I made here. Him naked voting Frozen. Him not being on the Frozen wagon. Him being noncommittal on Rajam. This post. Not making any pushes. After the "feels like we're getting it wrong," post I felt confident he was scum because he wasn't making an effort of us to get it right. I still think Rajam is scum.
Xiivi I'd really like to hear more about the bolded part
What would you like to know?
Other than the bolded point, all the rest is just a bunch of reachs
Can you elaborate on what makes them reaches.
Xivii Xivii Xivii Xivii : Why did you decide to recant your claim? Why at that particular time? What were you hoping to gain?
I wanted to see what people thought about the likely hood of a traitor. I also wanted to stir things up a bit since novel content wasn't being produced at that point. We essentially had the executions already lined up so we weren't really producing a high amount of alignment indicative information.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
LaserGuy would you say you have played the game so far within your scum range?
Probably. I've had some pretty good scum games and some really bad ones. This game is nowhere near the top of my Town range so there's a decent chance I could play a similar-looking game as scum.

What are your thoughts on Fonti's order that I posted earlier?
I don't generally like chaining yeets together like this because it usually results in a large net loss in information to Town. People are just following along with the designated yeets so if they happen to be a miss, then Town doesn't know anything about how those votes would have fallen if the players were forced to evaluate each yeet properly. Likewise, people's reads and analysis end up stilted because they are just waiting around to see the next flip. If the PoE has a couple of mafia in it, then Town's in good shape, but if there's a deep wolf or two sitting on the outside, then Town ends up in a losing position.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I want a chocolate donut.

LaserGuy can you walk me through again why you switched to Boom yesterday here. I don't really understand the reasoning you provided.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I want a chocolate donut.
Me too. I had a chocolate cookie instead because I don't have any donuts.

LaserGuy can you walk me through again why you switched to Boom yesterday here. I don't really understand the reasoning you provided.
I was unhappy with how much inertia was on the wagon. It reminded me a lot of the Handorin wagon in SS, where he was such a consensus scumread that nobody really did anything useful for that whole day phase and it basically ended up being a free misyeet for mafia (which I found very frustrating from the sidelines since I thought he was Town). So I decided I would move my vote to another scumread and even out the wagons to stir the pot a bit. I wanted to see if anyone would move to defend either Boom or Rajam now that there was an opportunity to do so. Boom was also actually my strongest scumread at the time, though not by much, see #1322.

ExLight

Smash Lord
This is overdefensive. You should acknowledge scum bussing each other D1 is not weird at all. As town you should've been more willingly open to accept that. The energy put to 'shut up' this possibility is scummy to my eyes; comes from frightened scum imo
ExLight is a bunch of mixed signals. I wouldnt be surprised if this slot flips traitor because I think it's the perfect justification for some town impressions and some other scum impressions I'm getting
So your main argument for me being scum is that scum voted me to bus me, but yet you think I'm traitor?
more stretching in this than if elastigirl and mr fantastic ****ed

ExLight

Smash Lord
....blink.... Wait you sure? There'd be 9 people left and three would be maf aligned, I thought LYLO was something else?
we're down to 9 right now if my count is correct
mislynch + nightkill = 7 remaining, so we can't vote for a no lynch nor mislynch otherwise scum is able to reach parity and that means they win since ties are no lynches

ExLight

Smash Lord
Rajam seems very weirdly chill about being almost hammered here. Unsure how to read this so I'm just noting it for now.
yea this felt so ****ing weird at the time
I feel like if you think you got hammered while not around the natural thing is to rush and shove as many last seconds thoughts as possible, not to take your sweet time to read what you missed in the thread

he’s confirmed as town Miller
how are you so sure he's confirmed? I have to revisit the scenarios to consider a choco fakeclaim, but I think he was only confirmed if you know how many ninja shots mafia has

Vote: Chaco

ExLight

Smash Lord
Rajam's previous hammer wagon had Chaco and Laser on it, while Z25 stayed away.
Chaco was the responsible for hammering but right after they realized what happened they desperately backed up and Unvoted+requested Poy to not consider it, which is a pretty weird attitude because if someone is willing to put someone at Hammer-1 then they shouldn't panic over someone getting hammered.

This kinda points more to a Rajam+Chaco+Z25 team, with maybe Z25 being the traitor.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Hey Masons, if you claim consider claiming the opposite role.
If scum wants to kill one of you more than the other they won't know who is what and might mess it up.

ExLight

Smash Lord
This kinda points more to a Rajam+Chaco+Z25 team, with maybe Z25 being the traitor.
Chaco's chonky wagon was Me+Xiivi+Trisscar+Laser, the absence of Rajam and Z25 also kinda points towards this team

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Agreed, though I like for scum Rajam more than Chaco due to post composition personally.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’m not a priority Triss cause I’m not scum. I’ll claim whenever though and show the back post where I softed.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Mate, that's not going to convince me. Xivii and Bessie did a complex posting scheme to "prove" their mason-ry in Sumthing with their first posts on the first day, when they were actually mafia. Softing doesn't mean s***. XD

Chaco

Never Logs In
Then push a mislynch from a D1 soft with no prompt. Gotcha. I’m not Xivii. I don’t lie about roles and get towncleared.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Mate, that's not going to convince me. Xivii and Bessie did a complex posting scheme to "prove" their mason-ry in Sumthing with their first posts on the first day, when they were actually mafia. Softing doesn't mean s***. XD
that's wild as ****

I’m not a priority Triss cause I’m not scum. I’ll claim whenever though and show the back post where I softed.
unless you're mason I don't think anything will change my mind on you though

Chaco

Never Logs In
The town flip will. It’s like you adamantly ignore the cleared reads from prior.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It does. Scums only claim naturally. It was always gonna come down to a pool of scum and actual vanilla cause CCing masons is stupid.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Watch how many VT claims there are and you’ll see. Then narrow the pool.

ExLight

Smash Lord
are you aware that scum also has to claim vanilla town
and why would you even soft that

as a vanilla you should want to get shot at the night, not leave a trail so they can narrow down the Power Roles
if anything, softing vanilla is scummy as it can be seen as you setting up an excuse for a scenario like this

Chaco

Never Logs In
Facepalm city.

Right cause I’m gonna do that after not playing mafia for 6-7 years.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The fact I’m being scum read off of my reactions to Xivii’s stupidity. Pretty easy thing to get frustrated with when you know there’s no town voice anymore and scum is dividing and conquering town.

LYLO likely tomorrow at the rate it’s headed.

Top Bottom