• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Chaco

Never Logs In
I did, but I believe you now. If you had and I'd called you out so explicitly then I expect you would have admitted it but justified it, not completely disagreed.

Call it a difference in style. A random person is like, 30% likely to be scum. I can have a scum lean on you and feel like you are 50% to be scum, but that's still a good chance that you are town. I'm not going to gun for your execution, I want to engage with others and see if I can find someone "better". But if I had to pick right now, yeah, probably you. Although I do like your recent posts so more like 40% chance of scum right now.
I’m actually cool with this response.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Gotcha. I was just wondering cause of how you interact with other players. Nothing negative, just noticed a lot clarifications and thanking others and the like. Which let me reinforce, that isn’t bad at all, I was merely asking to understand better.
Ah, that makes sense. I'm trying to better understand everything, especially the current meta, and I feel like asking questions is the easiest way lol.

This Xivii is outside my expectations of either town or scum Xivii. That does not give me the confidence to have a strong town read on you.
Could this be a traitor? Constantly telling us he's town, while still a little sus so probably wouldn't get night killed?

I'd have to look back at his previous posts to see who he'd be protecting, and I'll admit that I don't really know how traitors usually play, but I think this could be a possibility. There's also the point that was made of him listing four possible scum, but I don't know that that really holds any weight.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because I’ve literally not seen much of anything from him other than randomness unless directly asking of him. And outside of that just essentially fluff.

I can see why you’d think OMGUS in Boomfrog but not the case. Compounded with how I already feel about Xivii, the attack on me just seems conveniently placed to pull onto me. I could see connection between Raxx/Xiivi/Boom
Though I wouldn't necessarily call it "fluff" and more like WIFOM laden clout chasing I see your point here.

Interested in your grouping of Raxx/Xiivi/Boom. Given their recent exchanges I'm seeing some distance/conflict between Boom and Xiivi and I'm unsure what their connection to Raxx is. Are you calling this a possible scumteam or what do you mean exactly when you say the slots are "connected?"

That is a wall of text that is not capable of coming from scum this early in the game. Why on earth would scum put so much effort? I will return in a few days or whenever the prod deadline permits.

@ Chaco, I believe my wall should address your inquiry.
I get it that you're being hyperbolic but this comes off as Ryker-lite demands for clout. I appreciate how clearly you're laying out the links in your reasoning because it makes your arguments easy to parse, which I think is generally pro-town, but you're diving head first into WIFOM constantly. Do you actually believe that scum don't put effort into early read lists to anchor players' focus to their chosen strong reads and create option myopia? Do you actually believe that scum don't use early read lists to ingratiate who they believe to be pliable town in order to coalition build and strongman the early game? It's like you're claiming that everything you're doing could not at all help you in a scum position and it's like you're being tongue in cheek about how "pro-town" your play has been while at the same time also trying to seriously claim town cred for it. It's bizarre.

This was cute when it was just Xivii antics, but all these self-town reads are nonsense. But you seem to be sincere and are using them to strengthen a scum read of me? Something doesn't compute. My most generous read is you are trying to get a reaction from me. I'll have to think about the "confront BoomFrog D1" dilemma. If you are scum again you are definitely sweating bullets.
Glad I'm not the only one getting an "antics" vibe

You mean kindve like Xivii’s WoT with little actual reasoning?

If BoomFrog is scum, then so is Xivii.

And I agree his I’m so town look at me is borderline AtE or just more antics. But I think it’s funny how quickly NSG voted BoomFrog after Xivii’s case, and BoomFrog and Xivii are on “opposite” ends now.
I really don't see BoomFrog/Xiivi as scum together given Boom's seemingly genuine interpretation of Xiivi's behavior as a deliberate attempt to force reactions out of him. Their recent interactions distance them pretty solidly unless it's extremely well choreographed distancing in which case they've completely duped me

Agreed that NSG jumping on LaserGuy (I think you meant laserguy here, not boomfrom) like that was suss. I'm a little confused by your phrasing here, are you suggesting that boom and xiivi being on "opposite" ends now is related to NSG's vote?

Is there a reason your language is more truncated than usual? You seem to be holding back.
I didn't have quite the same reaction as I don't know enough about trisscar to know what's "truncated" language for him relative to his usual playstyle as I have no previous experience with the slot, but I did get the vibe that triscarr wasn't really meaningfully engaging with anything being said. I get a very "cards close to the chest" feel, throwing out comments re: preferences about early game tone and opining on mechanics but very little in the way of actually taking a stance on whether any other slots' contribution reads genuinely protown or scummy. I will give triss credit though for I think accurately describing Xiivi's play as "overeager" which is a null tell imo.

I was reading back through and found something that I think we may be overlooking, but maybe it's nothing.

Earlier Xivii posted this list with no explanations. While some make sense, others seem somewhat unfounded, especially Jackrito.

Xivii then proceeded to state that posting this list proves that they're town, as they've done after many of their posts.

We doing another game where you are just going to throw random stuff together. I did one nothing post I should not be town to you.
Jackrito mentioned this but Xivii didn't respond.

This is the post being referred to, which was just a vote on someone who had been silent, with no explanation:

The whole thing just feels kinda off, but maybe I'm way off the mark.

Xivii Xivii what was your reasoning for putting Jackrito as part of the core town? What about their post gave you such a strong townie impression? I'm somewhat confused about how you drew that conclusion
Good observation re: Jackrito calling out Xiivi for townreading him so early with essentially no basis and then Xiivi not responding to the inquiry. Wasn't Xiivi going on about how scum avoid responding to topics they want to avoid having the town focus on so as not to signal boost discussions that are tough for them to navigate?

Guess what? Whenever I post a ****ton, I die. Every single time. Plus, we just started. I'm waiting till we get more posts to make reads.
I used to die N1 almost every game I played man, I get how frustrating it is but this isn't the right attitude to have about it. Refusing to contribute out of fear that it will get you NK'd is basically just giving the scum what they want out of the kill for free. You're going to make your slot look worse overall and you'll relegate yourself as a non-viable endgame candidate because no one will be able to read you in order to trust you if you're town. Additionally, if you have no connections to other slots through your contributions, you're a free "paper trail-less" NK target anyway that will give town nothing to work with upon your flip if you are in fact town. And lastly, if you're going to die early, you might as well have as much control over what limited time you have while alive in the game. Refusing to play to avoid an NK is essentially taking yourself out of the game on D1 to have a perhaps slightly increased chance at surviving the night, only to come in on D2 in the exactly same spot your were on D1 which is not helpful to the town at all. And assuming minimizing your presence will guarantee your survival is naive at best.

fontisian fontisian given your position on mechanics planning in open/semi open setups, what's your take on trisscars contribution to the mechanics discussion?

LaserGuy LaserGuy what's your read on NSG's vote on you?

need to hear more from somitomi somitomi and Raxxel Raxxel

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’ll try to answer any questions I can while I’m at work.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Fair enough.

May I ask your opinions on the general game state, and specifically Xivii and Chaco (as the probably heaviest posters) and your general read on them thus far?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Reason I voted for LaserGuy is pretty much in retaliation of him voting for me after saying I was a newbie. If I get lynched for the sole fact that I haven’t played a whole lot then that seems a little suspicious to me. Like he’s scum trying to weed out me because I’m not 100% sure on the rules and strategy’s. This probably makes me an easy safe target for him because he can cross off me as being suspicious because I’m new. Me getting lynched would probably be easy for them to get everyone else up to do because my tales aren’t known. Whether I’m scum is 50/50 to everyone but I COULD scream out my role to prove my innocence but that is apparently a bad idea so I’m not gonna.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Xivii apparently has been posting an uncharacteristically large amount according to other users. I couldn’t tel you about Chaco since I haven’t been active enough to view all their posts.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Nice, thankee for taking the time for that in the middle of work. Hope you have fun today.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Here's my initial reaction:

Can you please just stop? Yes, we get it, you are acting very townie. And obviously you are self aware about it which is why you get zero credit for it. Spilling wine on every thing you do is not helping me get a read on you.

Post processing reaction:
This Xivii is outside my expectations of either town or scum Xivii. That does not give me the confidence to have a strong town read on you. But I think the most likely case is you are trying to get a reaction out of me to get a read on me and that does earn you a slight town lean. But very slight. We both have multilayered play and I don't know what layer you are on.

Anyway, good luck parsing anything alignment indicative out of this reaction.

P.S. LaserGuy will find this post townie.
I think this is real though. Fonti and LaserGuy both have a read on me. Why don't you? I'm not actually that hard to read. You're making a show out of it because you expect that's what I expect of you. Your reaction is scummy. I wonder if you vs Chaco is scum theater.

Could this be a traitor? Constantly telling us he's town, while still a little sus so probably wouldn't get night killed?
I don't believe I've been suspicious though. What makes you think I've been suspicious?

Chaco

Never Logs In
will catch up when I get home, but I will say that Darkpit mirrored my thought of Xiivi as potential traitor due to behavior

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I don't believe I've been suspicious though. What makes you think I've been suspicious?
I'll try to come back later when I have more time to fully flesh this out, but essentially:
  • The repeated assertions that everything you're doing is incredibly town. At first this seemed like a joke, but as it draws out it seems less so.
  • Your posts have been kind of all over the place and hard to read for reasons others above me have probably explained better than I can, such as BoomFrog and FrozenFlame
I hope this makes sense. I'll try to actually explain this in a few hours when I have more time.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Is the reason you act like this towards Xivii as a player due to Sumting?
We have a long history. First game I was scum and totally snowed him. Since then we have crushed as town whenever we are both town, and he has gotten me twice as scum. I did catch him as scum once and I haven't had another scum game with him since the first one. And yes, Sumting Sumting showed he is much more capable as scum then I thought.

Fonti and LaserGuy both have a read on me. Why don't you?
Your aggressive "you should know me better then this" attitude reminds me of Sabrar in Oasis. I know I pull amazing reads out of "nowhere" sometimes, but just because they are based on things you don't perceive doesn't mean those tells are always there.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
P.S. LaserGuy will find this post townie.
:ohwell:
I have you at a scum lean at the moment. I don't know that this post really shifts the mark a lot one way or the other. I actually find your reaction to Xivii kind of strange. I feel like Xivii is essentially doing a woof-gambit and you're the one person who is completely thrown off by it. If you ignore the LAMIST stuff and just focus on what Xivii is actually doing, it seems pretty clear to me that his play is Town motivated. That doesn't mean he's Town, since he still has that BoomFrog medal of honor. But I don't think it's worth obsessing over it at this point in the game.

what's your read on NSG's vote on you?
I'm kind of ambivalent on it. The initial vote felt weird to me. NSG had already reacted to my vote on him in #29 didn't seem overly concerned about it until Xivii's case, but by the time he got around to voting for me, I had already moved on to someone else. The OMGUS reaction he describes in #207 feels more classic newbie Town to me though. I don't think I want to lynch him today, but I'm not sure yet where to sort him.

I'll try to come back later when I have more time to fully flesh this out, but essentially:
  • The repeated assertions that everything you're doing is incredibly town. At first this seemed like a joke, but as it draws out it seems less so.
  • Your posts have been kind of all over the place and hard to read for reasons others above me have probably explained better than I can, such as BoomFrog and FrozenFlame
I hope this makes sense. I'll try to actually explain this in a few hours when I have more time.
This guy is super townie, OTOH.
FrozenFlame feels very similar to the games I've played with him before. Very lurky, thinks deeply. I seem to recall he teaches courses in mafia or something though, so I'm assuming he's got his own BoomFrog medal of honor kicking around somewhere. Putting him at nullTown.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
BoomFrog BoomFrog I would still like to know what typos you had a hard time parsing. I ask because your comment on them looks to me like one of those throwaway remarks that scummates make toward each other. It was not difficult reading Chaco's posts at all. Does anyone disagree with this?

I don't believe you actually think he didn't realize that as scum he should keep scum objectives private. No new player with average reasoning ability would speak to the thread as if everyone else were scum.
LaserGuy do you disagree and if so why?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
BoomFrog BoomFrog I would still like to know what typos you had a hard time parsing. I ask because your comment on them looks to me like one of those throwaway remarks that scummates make toward each other. It was not difficult reading Chaco's posts at all. Does anyone disagree with this?
I find Chaco's posts hard to evaluate tonally, but I don't have any problem following what he's saying.

LaserGuy do you disagree and if so why?
I don't think he did it on purpose, if that's what you're asking. I think that new players often make remarks without thinking about how they could be interpreted, especially people who aren't used to using a very high degree of precision in language in their everyday life. This tends to lead to them spewing lots of information about their alignment involuntarily. As I said way back in post #45, my initial thought of this exchange was that NSG maybe had only played their first game or two as mafia, probably awhile ago, and in their recollection the important thing was to try to figure out who the Town PRs were. Which would have been completely NAI because it wasn't actually referring to this game at all. Since that wasn't the case, he ended up with a scum lean because there wasn't an obvious explanation for why he would have phrased his comment in the manner he did. It's possible that it was a scumslip, but it's possible that it was just newbie weirdness. It was a weak read, but as I said before, it was good enough for page 1.

The reason isn't because of scum, it's because I'll get lynched.
Not doing anything is more likely to get you lynched than contributing will, and if you don't try, you'll never learn how to improve your play. Anyway, you did fine in Sumting Sumting. You were never in danger of being lynched and IIRC the only people who were really pressuring you were mafia. You were just unlucky with how the NK was redirected. I get that you're frustrated with how your last two games went, but not trying is not going to make things any better.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Though I wouldn't necessarily call it "fluff" and more like WIFOM laden clout chasing I see your point here.

Interested in your grouping of Raxx/Xiivi/Boom. Given their recent exchanges I'm seeing some distance/conflict between Boom and Xiivi and I'm unsure what their connection to Raxx is. Are you calling this a possible scumteam or what do you mean exactly when you say the slots are "connected?"

Glad I'm not the only one getting an "antics" vibe

I really don't see BoomFrog/Xiivi as scum together given Boom's seemingly genuine interpretation of Xiivi's behavior as a deliberate attempt to force reactions out of him. Their recent interactions distance them pretty solidly unless it's extremely well choreographed distancing in which case they've completely duped me

Agreed that NSG jumping on LaserGuy (I think you meant laserguy here, not boomfrom) like that was suss. I'm a little confused by your phrasing here, are you suggesting that boom and xiivi being on "opposite" ends now is related to NSG's vote?
Alright so we are starting here, may take me awhile to touch each post I plan to.

Raxx is only grouped there loosely due to a defense of Xivii’s cluster early D1 when I made a remark about it. Just a loose tie in I saw that was close to how BoomFrog reacted as well to it.

Yes I meant LaserGuy. However I think NSG looking back now is either a) really new to the game and liked what he saw Xivii post, or is easily impressionable scum hiding behind being new. Either way that is, at some point pressure will be applied and we can discern.

In regards to Xivii and BoomFrog, see I thought the same thing? At first I was like, oh yeah, I see a bit of closeness and then distancing and a sly bit of tit for tat. It makes it really hard to read this connection due to their history of games together and it is why I questioned BoomFrog further on why they are treating Xivii this way this game. But it’s one of the things that has stood out to me most, up until I’ve said something things about it, it’s almost like a full distancing. I’m not sure on whose part though, it seems to me as if Xiivi commenced the distancing and BoomFrog took part on the opposite end. Definitely something is not right though to me between these two.

another thing I saw someone else say is that Xiivi has been selecting what to respond to, and has chosen to disregard some things thrown at him. This worried me as well, because as town I see no issue squashing beef when someone comes at you with something.

But it’s hard to discern a full game feel when so many people have minuscule amounts of content and posts.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Vote Count 1.04

[2] Chaco: BoomFrog, LaserGuy
[2] BoomFrog: Raxxel, Chaco
[2] LaserGuy: Xivii, NonSpecificGuy
[1] Trisscar: Jackrito

Not voting: 3DSNinja, Trisscar, Fontisian, #HBC | FrozenFlame, Darkpit54, Somitomi

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

Day 1 ends on July 4th at 8 PM EST.

Prodding somitomi somitomi and Raxxel Raxxel

Chaco

Never Logs In
:ohwell:
I have you at a scum lean at the moment. I don't know that this post really shifts the mark a lot one way or the other. I actually find your reaction to Xivii kind of strange. I feel like Xivii is essentially doing a woof-gambit and you're the one person who is completely thrown off by it. If you ignore the LAMIST stuff and just focus on what Xivii is actually doing, it seems pretty clear to me that his play is Town motivated. That doesn't mean he's Town, since he still has that BoomFrog medal of honor. But I don't think it's worth obsessing over it at this point in the game.

I'm kind of ambivalent on it. The initial vote felt weird to me. NSG had already reacted to my vote on him in #29 didn't seem overly concerned about it until Xivii's case, but by the time he got around to voting for me, I had already moved on to someone else. The OMGUS reaction he describes in #207 feels more classic newbie Town to me though. I don't think I want to lynch him today, but I'm not sure yet where to sort him.

This guy is super townie, OTOH.
FrozenFlame feels very similar to the games I've played with him before. Very lurky, thinks deeply. I seem to recall he teaches courses in mafia or something though, so I'm assuming he's got his own BoomFrog medal of honor kicking around somewhere. Putting him at nullTown.
Agree with DarkPit sentiments entirely.

Need to see more of FF to really put a full in evaluation out there. It’s been so long since I’ve played with FF, but I remember him being a very strong player.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think this is real though. Fonti and LaserGuy both have a read on me. Why don't you? I'm not actually that hard to read. You're making a show out of it because you expect that's what I expect of you. Your reaction is scummy. I wonder if you vs Chaco is scum theater.
See this is what perplexes me, cause I had similar thoughts about the two of you, I’ve eluded to the fact beforehand as well that something is not right about the interactions. I’m just not sure which way that it’s going at this moment though.

I need to see more from other players though to see how my reads will progress from mid D1 to end of D1.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Bolded for emphasis.
Thank you for linking.

Gotcha. So you think that BoomFrogs assessment of my rebut to the lurking comment would take it as a literal PoV? Not a joked early read list?

what makes Boomfrog strong scum, iyo? Same with Fontisian?

what do you think overall about how I’ve read your gameplay thus far? And why the aversion to comment to it? Think I will change my opinion based off of a comparison to your confirmed town okay?
I think this is supposed to be "would be taken as a literal PoV" but I had to reread it the first time to parse it.

Depends on who your scum are and what motivates their NK. As of right now I see no clear course of action I would take, but then again this game is so certain players heavy it promotes a lot of people to get by minimally atm, and skate under the radar. But our deadline for D1 is what end of the week? So we have time to force them in here
It seems like certain is supposed to be a different word. I'd like to know what the intended adjective was here. Or there's an implication I am missing.

Uh the top part obv.

bottom was serious.

you can take my hand though if you want.
Best guess is take my head.

Because I’ve literally not seen much of anything from him other than randomness unless directly asking of him. And outside of that just essentially fluff.

I can see why you’d think OMGUS in Boomfrog but not the case. Compounded with how I already feel about Xivii, the attack on me just seems conveniently placed to pull onto me. I could see connection between Raxx/Xiivi/Boom
He's replying to FrozenFlame here. This is more, poorly articulated thoughts then a typo, but I don't know what case he is referring to, and why the case is OMGUS-y. Also, I assume pull into me means attack him, but I'm not sure what he was trying to say exactly.

I like to read people's words carefully, not just get the gist of what they are saying. His sloppy posting did make that harder.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
BoomFrog BoomFrog That "certain" bit to me is "It's so dependant on a few specific players doing things to progress the game, that other players can just watch", or something.
Fair on the typos though.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
As I said way back in post #45, my initial thought of this exchange was that NSG maybe had only played their first game or two as mafia, probably awhile ago, and in their recollection the important thing was to try to figure out who the Town PRs were. Which would have been completely NAI because it wasn't actually referring to this game at all. Since that wasn't the case, he ended up with a scum lean because there wasn't an obvious explanation for why he would have phrased his comment in the manner he did. It's possible that it was a scumslip, but it's possible that it was just newbie weirdness. It was a weak read, but as I said before, it was good enough for page 1.
If anything it would make him town as Fonti pointed out, wouldn't you think? Because scum!newbie would by hyper aware of what they are saying. It's town!newbies that are loose with their words. And there's many alternative explanations for his statment, and because you played in Sumting, you should know this. There, we also had players (such as triss) that were used to playing in a way where figuring out roles was the objective. It's bizarre that you took the most negative and unlikely interpretation of his statement when you had just played with a town player who had made similar statements.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Town
3DSNinja
Darkpit54
NonSpecificGuy
Trisscar
Fontisian

Probably town
Xivii - Yeah yeah. You're still getting the deceleration of doom before the end of the day though.
Chaco - The negatives are explainable and I agree with Fontisian.
Jackrito - That doesn't mean you can get away with lurking all game though.
LaserGuy - Within expected LaserGuy parameters so far.

Needs More
FrozeηFlame - Your posts are good, and I understand quantity is likely limited by RL. But since you don't seem to have time for live interaction I'd like to get clear opinions from you.
Somitomi - Hi
Raxxel - You almost entirely talk about Xivii and yet don't even state any alignment opinion of Xivii let alone other players. Are you planning to actually play the game Raxxel or just watch from the sidelines? You don't seem to be scum hunting.

Vote Raxxel

I'd like ordered lists from everyone, but especially #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame , somitomi somitomi , and Raxxel Raxxel

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Your posts have been kind of all over the place and hard to read for reasons others above me have probably explained better than I can, such as BoomFrog and FrozenFlame
Which posts feel all over the place to you? Specifically, what don't you understand?
another thing I saw someone else say is that Xiivi has been selecting what to respond to, and has chosen to disregard some things thrown at him. This worried me as well, because as town I see no issue squashing beef when someone comes at you with something.
I believe I've responded to everything. If there's anything I've missed, let me know. I simply missed Jack's question the first time (or rather I read it and forgot to respond).
He means a few players have the majority of the content.
take my head.
I think take my hand meant that his post was obvious and that he had to lead you as if you were a kid.
what case
I don't think he's using 'case' in that sense. He meant, "you may think this, but it isn't the case."

Thanks for the breakdown.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Boom that read list is good and is where I'm at as well. I would only swap 3DS and Somitomi.

Vote: Raxxel

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Maybe more like this:

Soul Town
Somitomi
Jackrito
Trisscar

Sith Lord Master Mind That Has Us All Fooled
Darkpit54

Probably Town
Boom
LaserGuy
NonSpecificGuy

Contains 3-4 Scum
Fontisian
Chaco
3DSNinja
FrozeηFlame
Raxxel

Fonti's questioning of Jack earlier seemed scummatey. So Fonti scum could cause me to reevaluate there.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Which posts feel all over the place to you? Specifically, what don't you understand?
Honestly as I was reading back through the thread to find specific examples, I wasn't really able to find any. My statement was mostly in reference to posts like these, which seem like fallacies at best, in reference to arguments that were somewhat shaky, such as yours against NSG.

That is a wall of text that is not capable of coming from scum this early in the game. Why on earth would scum put so much effort? I will return in a few days or whenever the prod deadline permits.
That being said, your recent posts have a much better feel to them, so I'm currently leaning more town on you. Still not entirely sold tho

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
My current list looks something like:
Town Read:
Jackrito: I honestly just really like what he's given so far; most scum wouldn't object to being called Definitely Town with little given reasoning, and the discussion has seemed helpful and genuine
Not Much Info Yet, But What We've Gotten Has Been Good:
FrozenFlame: We obviously haven't gotten a lot, but what have gotten seems very well thought out and genuinely town-motivated.
Somitomi: Basically the same as Frozen, somewhat more content, but a bit weaker and less recent
Feels Town? No Strong Reason:
NSG: Honestly almost no info, but I genuinely think this is just a new town? Waiting to see more though fs
Trisscar: Xivii Xivii and BoomFrog BoomFrog I'm curious as to why you have him as definite town. He certainly isn't triggering any alarms, but I don't think I've seen anything to make me certain about his alignment. Maybe I'm just too suspicious of everyone initially though lol, so please let me know if you have reasoning that I've missed.
Seems Townie, Could Be Strong Mafia:
I think that this grouping has at least one scum, if not more, but I'm struggling to narrow down the specifics. Evidently most of these have shown the ability to play scum very well before and as such could easily do so again. It seems like the ones that are town would be strong assets, but it's difficult to decipher which voices to listen to. After some death, scum or otherwise, I think this may become easier (hopefully lol)
BoomFrog: This player is the main reason for the name of this category, truth be told (in addition to Xivii). I think that most of the information given has been very helpful and townie, but some of their interactions have seemed a little off. Ultimately I want to trust this but am hesitant to because I think this being scum would be very dangerous for us
Chaco: The aggressiveness was somewhat difficult to read at first, but it now seems mostly town. Has distanced from multiple possible scummates, such as Boom and Xivii, but I'm honestly not quite sure what to make of that.
Xivii: Similar to how I feel about Boom, minus points for the many "I'm town" posts. Recent posts have seemed good but still difficult get a confident read on him.
Fontisian: I think the early post about mechanics would have helped mafia much more than town, but still could have been coming from a town perspective. Recent posts have seemed more townie but still haven't provided a ton of information. Unsure.
LaserGuy: The early push on NSG seemed strange and Xivii's push of Laser made sense, but his explanation helped, as have his posts since. Ultimately still unsure.
They've Given Us Little To Nothing:
3dsNinja: I genuinely think this is town, but due to how unhelpful he's been, I couldn't not put him here. Sorry bro. I understand not wanting to die, but I don't think this is helping your case.
Raxxel: It's hard to be sure about a slot that's contributed nothing but defense of another slot, then disappearing. I'm hesitant to say that this is definitely scum as we've seen next to nothing, but obviously I can't townread this.

I hope this made sense, and if not feel free to ask me and I can clarify anything lol. This should definitely be taken with a grain of salt, as I'm not sure how reliable my reading ability is, but if nothing else this should lay out my thoughts on each player, if you disagree with anything please let me know why and persuade me otherwise lol.

I hope that made sense and didn't seem too ramble-y. I'll probably regret the lack of concision after some sleep lmao

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
If anything it would make him town as Fonti pointed out, wouldn't you think? Because scum!newbie would by hyper aware of what they are saying. It's town!newbies that are loose with their words.
Depends on the player. bessie caught Peaceful Whale in a scumslip in NNY very early in the game. Don't remember exactly what it was, had something to do with confirmation timings or something? I feel like he may have also slipped early in Fridge mafia although he got away with it for awhile. I don't have good notes on those games, unfortunately.

There, we also had players (such as triss) that were used to playing in a way where figuring out roles was the objective.
I had Triss as pretty much locktown due to his claim. My impression wasn't so much that figuring out roles was the objective though, but rather that either it's an open setup or everyone mass claims early and then you try to mechanically work out how to guarantee a win. I don't recall Triss making any similar sort of statements though.

It's bizarre that you took the most negative and unlikely interpretation of his statement when you had just played with a town player who had made similar statements.
I don't really know what more I can add by way of explanation to what I've already said. I was (am) still pretty tilted about last game, maybe that bled through, I dunno. Retrospectively, yes, it's probably not the most charitable read I've ever made. I'll take another look at NSG with that in mind.

Contains 3-4 Scum
Fontisian
Can you explain this read to me?

Raxxel - You almost entirely talk about Xivii and yet don't even state any alignment opinion of Xivii let alone other players. Are you planning to actually play the game Raxxel or just watch from the sidelines? You don't seem to be scum hunting.
Raxxel hasn't posted at all since #50. I don't think they're doing much of anything.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Nah it made sense, you shouldn't regret getting a good amount of readable thoughts out there.
I don't think I ever said I townread boom? Emphasis on think, I certainly do not town or scum read them currently and have no memory of giving a read on them.

Top Bottom