• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

ExLight

Smash Lord
I'm still sticking with my D2 readslists (Chaco, Z25, Laser)

won't mind hearing a mass claim if there's a mason is among these

feeling pretty sick rn so seeyall tomorrow

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
How is it opportunistic when I’ve been the one steadily pushing Xivii for misinformation and fake claiming with no upside? The claim felt faulty, and it was. Has that changed from D1 to now?
You thought Xivii was cleared by the lynch in #1016. What does it matter if his claim was real or fake? Yeeting mafia is a stronger Towntell. Can you explain what benefits you see in scum!Xivii outing himself D2, especially compared to doing so near EoD1 where he might have disrupted the Frozen wagon (and doubly so in traitor!Xivii scenario)?

Given the information at hand, if Neo was alive and Xivii recanted his claim was the question posed?
That was not clear from context, but okay.

Xivii’s excuses for fakeclaiming are utter garbage and had no benefit to town. Literally zero. Any point to argue this as town is pure bandwagon due to a widely accepted notion that Xivii’s notices are pure. Dude, per everyone else, lies or fake claims every single game.
I don't disagree that this was a dubious play. But Bad Town is still Town. What bothers me about this whole sequence is that I don't get the feeling you actually believe Xivii is scum here. My feeling is that you believe he's Town, but want to yeet him regardless.

The continued random pushes are narrowing PRs to non existence and it’s basically fish in the barrel for scum. Misdirection and floundering from vote to vote and basing nothing off of FFs scum flip. How did we venture so far to here? Mislynch me toDay and just analyze the wagon. Your Lynch pool will be the same day start toMorrow as toDay.

Don’t ignore the actual connections for fabricated things and misdirection in the name of Town.
Again, the irony here is that you aren't basing your association based on the FF flip. You're basing it off of Xivii's claim and ignoring how he behaved in the Frozen lynch.

Xivii is likely traitor, and if for some odd reason he is town, then you can deal with the mess he’s caused from his gambits. I’ve never seen anything as glaringly antitown excused as protown
Why does traitor bus his buddy D1? Why does he recant D2?

You think scummates would let me play the way I have? More than likely not.
I don't really feel that scum typically micromanage their buddies in the manner you describe, and I also don't feel that there's anything overly objectionable to your play from the point of view of a scummate.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Other stuff...

The evidence against Boom is overwhelming. I'd be genuinely surprised if he flips town. Probably should track Z25 tonight.
Talk to me about this. Why were you so insistent that we push for Boom and end the day early? What happened to Rajam = claimed scum?

This is problematic, because I think you replied to my questioning before you reacted to Xivii's earlier mega reveal. That would mean your reaction was faked.

No time to check back and confirm and quote stuff. It's family time right now. But Z25 is scum if I'm right.
But he gets really really anger later. That's why it's fake.
I concur with what you are thinking. Yeet Z25 first. And they are probably not buddies. But if Z is town yeet Xivii next.
done. Pick one of Xivii or Z25. You guys figure it out. But no one else. That's the pool. Believe me that I'm good at scum hunting. I got FF first D1.
Quoting this for posterity so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Boom has good instincts and his analysis on z25 looks very plausible.

Rajam seems very weirdly chill about being almost hammered here. Unsure how to read this so I'm just noting it for now.

The speculation in this post by Rajam bothers me. I'm on the fence as to whether it is pure speculation or extremely informed speculation. What is more interesting, IMHO, is that he doesn't mention Mala at all in this scenario even though they also fit. My wagon analysis says Mala and Rajam probably not buddies, but maybe Mala just busses habitually as mafia and Rajam is really talking about the scenario he and Mala found themselves in during N1.

Did you not see what I said, I'm betting your the traitor trying to get paranoia out there.Which unless I read wrong, you wouldn't know who the mates are, thus you wouldn't know if your busing or not.
I believe their point, is that the traitor should still win even if their mates die, as they are technically of a separate alignment. In most games if you had a traitor, they can work like a third party, and still win if they are alive.
z25 is not the traitor.

What does town zen get from saying he lied when if he’s town he would be set for the whole game now with not counter to his claim.
However we still need to decide between Raj or Boom it seems. Both of which I feel have equal merits for being yeeted, and I'm fine with choosing either.
But could be mafia.

ExLight

Smash Lord
these laser posts look great
I guess I could shove him into a scum-null lean rather than a scumread

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You thought Xivii was cleared by the lynch in #1016. What does it matter if his claim was real or fake? Yeeting mafia is a stronger Towntell. Can you explain what benefits you see in scum!Xivii outing himself D2, especially compared to doing so near EoD1 where he might have disrupted the Frozen wagon (and doubly so in traitor!Xivii scenario)?

That was not clear from context, but okay.

I don't disagree that this was a dubious play. But Bad Town is still Town. What bothers me about this whole sequence is that I don't get the feeling you actually believe Xivii is scum here. My feeling is that you believe he's Town, but want to yeet him regardless.

Again, the irony here is that you aren't basing your association based on the FF flip. You're basing it off of Xivii's claim and ignoring how he behaved in the Frozen lynch.

Why does traitor bus his buddy D1? Why does he recant D2?

I don't really feel that scum typically micromanage their buddies in the manner you describe, and I also don't feel that there's anything overly objectionable to your play from the point of view of a scummate.
This is a strong slot for us to start with. I agree a lot with your ideas here actually. I may have been a little paranoid yesterday, but Cha was straight gunning for Zen regardless. Which did fuel a lot of chaos yesterday.
I started with a Town read of them but there’s definitely been a lot of doubt. If we go with the idea of zen is bad town then chaco’s content could easily be taken as scum thinking they could set a lynch up.

Chaco

Never Logs In
What benefit was there to any of it LaserGuy LaserGuy ? It felt faulty and it was, so if I’m pushing something that I sense is wrong and can feel it, I’m not gonna.come off for another wagon that came about right before end of Day. That’s why I didn’t jump elsewhere, and I wasn’t here at end of Day.

I think the whole ideaology of Xivii being cleared now isn’t accurate, and I still can’t sort out my full thoughts there. There’s so much to sort through. It literally had no benefit, so it can’t get any town points in my eyes. Any scum will bus, arguments against it is pointless. So you’re left with nothing to go off of in that regard. Xivii is an option in my mind as of now, but I don’t think it’s the first move right now. I need to reread and see where I stand. Obviously I’m missing something. Wagon on Boom definitely needs to be analyzed from a point of who actually didn’t have outspoken posts about him being suss.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'm kind of leaning toward a possibly Rajam/Chaco or Rajam/Exlight scenario at the moment
Could you explain why Raj/Exlight? Is it purely from the wagons, or was there something off in their interactions too?

Strongly agree that if Raj is scum Chaco likely is too

I just reread Jackrito’s posts and prefer Boom over Raj today from prior content.

Rajam Rajam I know you’re good at the game, although it’s been years since we played together, can you lay out in a concise manner a Z25 Lynch.

Ive laid out why I like a Boom Lynch. Frozen attempting to diffuse Boom and Me was enough in my mind with his attempts at pocketing me to go for Boom. Maybe Frozen overestimated me cause I used to be good? But the rust is real. Booms interjection at me always felt suss. He attempted to discredit why I was suss of Boom in the first place, and then it’s like Boom and I diffused and I switched off to Raxx/Mala and then ultimately Xivii. Perhaps what I felt off about initially enough looking for connections should never have been at Xivii but a group scum effort to divide and pocket town. ie Boom defending Xivii, and Frozen buttoning me in his pocket. So what I felt off was never Xivii, but was truthfully Boom and left me continuing to spin my wheels in the wrong direction searching for what didn’t add up.
This is the first that popped up on ISO, but Chaco had a few posts yesterday calling to yeet Boom before Raj. Maybe it's just him tunneling incorrectly again, but it reads interestingly.

I'd have to read back to see if this is reciprocated by Raj any tho lol

Chaco

Never Logs In
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 we still haven’t established if I was tunneling incorrectly in the first place or not. That’s still TBD. And why would Rajam and I be connected?

Rajam

Smash Champion
Had a lot of quotes from last Night, gonna address them before I forget:

I missed that post then when I joined and read the thread. That makes more sense then.
mmm. +1 town point for Z25 I guess?

It’s definitely kept in mind, but to plays devils advocate and go after townreads just because you don’t feel comfortable with a narrowed pool? It’s not scummy it’s just counterintuitive.
Agreed. Why isn't scummy though?

Laser using EX being a little tipsy as a reason to scum read is very poor. Pretending to be posting while drunk to look townie is quite honestly the silliest idea I have ever read in these games
Is Laser scummy for this? Is ExLight scummy for this?

This feels like you're looking for an excuse to scumread me. You didn't comment at all on the case Trisscar made on this or when Chaco concurred with his analysis later so I find it very suspicious that you focus only on my mention of this. I am not questioning whether Ex was drunk or not, I just think it is possible that Ex was intentionally hamming it up in his posting.

Regardless, Ex slot is one that I've had my eye on for awhile. I had been giving him a bit more credit recently as he was being targeted by FrozenFlame, but I still think there's a good chance that Ex is mafia or, maybe more likely, traitor.
Laser, thoughts on Z25? Also, 2nd paragraph: Any conclusive stance on frozen's push on ExLight?

oh yea I forgot you're so good that that cosmic townie brain was able to accurately pinpoint all scum after a single cycle despite having no mechanical info clearing like 8 of them
c'mon now LMFAO

I don't even know which PoE you're tunneling
you're putting me with Rajam and Z25 and they're like null reads to me where in the world am I trying to defend them
Overreactive reaction

I know Jack didn't have a lot of content by why did he lose all credit for "a great post" later in your reads list?
Z25 I'd like to hear a response to this

I just had a realization. I still believe frozen was genuinely trying to get Somi lynched. However, Fonti quoted earlier that Frozen seemed sure that mafia should be bussing, and doing it on a scummate who has and probably would be inactive most of the time would be a great option

I'm probably the last to get this but I was town leaning Ex pretty much solely because of Frozen's push, so this changes my opinion a little
tbh I think you, me, and several others are reading too much on frozen's push on somi D1. Upon reread I think it definitely can go either way and thus we should take this as a null, and focus more on ExLight's play

Read 3:Boom is slipping with regard to his read on Z. In this post, he puts Z below Rajam after looking through Z's posts and coming to the conclusion that he was townier than he thought.

However, he already had Z below Rajam:

Read 2:
So he goes from having Z as a scumlean just below Rajam, to Z as a townlean just below Rajam. If the only thing that changed between Read 2 and Read 3 is Z going from a scumlean to a town lean, shouldn't he be above Rajam in Read 3? This discrepancy suggests that Boom has an agenda for keeping Z in this position.

It's also quite odd how Z got to that position in the first place when he had him in the townlean category in his initial read list:

Read 1:
So somehow Z and ExLight went from town leans in Read 1 to below Rajam in Read 2, and Z maintains that position in Read 3 even after he rereads Z and finds him to be townie.

Oh and btw, Boom reiterated how Rajam was his strongest suspect here:
After Darkpit called him out on having Rajam so low, he made this statement clarifying that Rajam was only his bottom read if I was town. And he has since then resolved his thoughts on me and concluded I am town.

One final thing. Scum Z25 never makes this post right before FF flip:
Boom yes, Z25 no. Town!Boom would clear the heck out of Z25 for this post, but he's only giving him minor town points because he needs Z to be a viable execution candidate to fit his agenda.

In conclusion: Boom's read progression is inconsistent and his reads are forced (I didn't even talk about that Jack town read...)

Vote: Boom x2 in the name of Justice
Xiivi I'd really like to hear more about the bolded part

Wow, I say I'll be busy studying for a test and when I check the thread there's another smal wagon forming around me already. For ****s sake guys.

I see you're all with some nonsensical "scum wanted to bus" theory on the rise. Why would scum even want to bus D1. And if they were really dedcated to they would've powerwolfed bus it instead of letting their main power role die.

I'm town and I'm not sure what you all expect from me. I tried catching up and apparently I'm scummy for not having the same context or meta as you all. You keep coming up with the most absurd nitpicks to get me lynched and I'm honestly tired of having wagons on me every game just for the sake of it. I'm faking drunk speech? My opinion on other people is just wrong? C'mon.
You're just pulling my leg at this point with stuff you can find around. The "drunk is fake" conspiracy discussion is just stupid and I can show messages from discord from that day to prove it, and the "no ur wrong" bits are just annoying tunneling and not willing to discuss.

Yall keep shoving words in my mouth and pushing for some stupid arguments instead of trying to look where it could really matters. At some point someone tried to make some sorry ass theory where every player in the FF was town which is just ludicrous, shouldn't we be giving a second look on players that late jumped in it after being told to just to make its number larger? because it's highly likely there's a scum there.
I provided my scum-town list and it was mainly ignored, and all of sudden people that were accusing me of attacking townie players just fidn't care and are still voting me just because of the sake of it despite having their argument shot with some holes. Tbf I'm pretty tired of people that barely have meta on me getting all cocky thinking they're reading me like a book and getting surprised pikachued when I get ****ing mad and throw a tantrum.
This is overdefensive. You should acknowledge scum bussing each other D1 is not weird at all. As town you should've been more willingly open to accept that. The energy put to 'shut up' this possibility is scummy to my eyes; comes from frightened scum imo

Reminder: Mala is town. I don't think he ever admits to this as scum, but as town it's just his thought process and he hasn't really thought through how him saying he probably wasn't going to vote Frozen and instead was going to try to yeet Xivii doesn't look great.
+1. Malakandra is still town

ExLight's not posting like a wolf. And Rajam's Jester-like-wifom is making me suspect that we don't yet have the correct solve. There's been a number of things nagging me about Chaco throughout the game:

• His but no I'm not lurking statement page 1
  • His attempt to associate me and boom together early on
  • Gunning for me when Fonti had laid out a solid case for why I was town and believing that Fonti could be cleared which would have essentially "cleared" me.
  • Promoting a no lynch
  • Failing to join the frozen train while pushing a town counterwagon.
  • Attempt to get PRs to claim NUMEROUS TIMES. I don't think we can ignore this any longer. On Day 1, he danced around trying to get the Neap to claim early. Today he advocated for masons claiming when it was completely unnecessary. And just now he tried to verify that I was VT.
  • If you look at his play throughout today, you'll see that he's been awkward around Rajam and his wagon. There was a post where he said something to the like of "oh Rajam before boom?" like he was caught off guard with the push. He's been hard pushing Boom over Rajam and supported my statement that they aren't partners, coming off to me like he's positioning himself for the future when one of them flips town.
Other than the bolded point, all the rest is just a bunch of reachs

Zen’s claim revoke is very problematic.

It’s exactly what I talked abo day one, on how Boom’s post telling chocolate to claim right away or they couldn’t be proven if claiming later. Which Zen specifically waited till later to do so, making that sketchy. However no counter claim seemed to pay it off.

Again though, I mentioned scum Zen could easily take the gambit that there was no chocolate. The ninja shots if he was scum could give him confidence to do so.

That whole claim was just shady. I let it slide due to no counter claim, but I don’t know.

Zen is also the same guy who was town and faked multiple cop checks so I don’t even know how he plays so reckless.

But you know what, I’d rather get answers from him once and for all. Ran can wait, and so can boom.

Vote: Xivii

Although I have a feeling he’s traitor, but scum would make his own gambit seems more plausible.
Z25 not even trying to see Zen's claim/unclaim from a town-Zen PoV is rather scummy, specially considering Z25 has saw Zen doing this kind of stuff as town in the past

100% this.

His likelihood of being traitor is ever increasing. No point in retracting from town PoV cause he’s cleared. Only reason to do so is not to become an NK target.
? I dont quite get this, just wanted to add there's no way Zen would've been NKilled before fontisian so I'm not sure where were you trying to go with this, Chaco

I’ll pose this question then.

What does town zen get from saying he lied when if he’s town he would be set for the whole game now with not counter to his claim.

The answer nothing, it looks bad.

But role would have an advantage here?

A traitor. They could cause paranoia and set up their lunch to derail town.
More of what I already quoted above. idk, it feels like Z25 is purposefully trying to avoid a deeper analysis of town-Zen doing this.

Especially considering that that scummate had literally posted saying traitor should not bus main scum.

Although, btw Xivii Xivii If you had not unclaimed then scum would have thought there was a traitor when there isn't. So your unclaim did help them. If there is a traitor then there is 1 ninja shot and scum would know that Xivii was lying after Fonti claimed, in which case they probably assume that Xivii is traitor.
mmm this is interesting, Didnt see yesterDay, and is a PoV I didnt consider. I'll keep this is mind if at a future point we need to reconsider things. Anyways, would make Zen traitor at worst, and I dont think we should lynch traitor-at-worst slots unless we're in LYLO

The only case I see Xivii yeeting main scum over himself would be the goon, and even then I don't think its a likely thing, he also could of jumped on Laserguy at that point, since I really don't see us getting all three viable wagons as scum day 1. I don't see him yeeting the roleblocker which stops Fonti from being confirmed. I don't think traitor Xivii ever yeets an actual scummate PR over himself.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Is the traitor told the roles their scummates have or just the names?
Agree with this, although Zen has a reputation for being too impulsive, not very logical at times :/ I still think Zen is town though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xivii Lynch gives the most information in regards to all slots, sans my own.

Im heavily leaning towards the inactives coming in and playing off their D1 predecessors, and are actually scum. It’s just hard for me to discern via catch up posts when they weren’t in the moment, so reading after thoughts is tainted, in a sense.

I like Mala’s posts since replacement.

Z has some plus sided posts.

Rajam I just can’t get a read for cause like I said, he’s not been in the moment. It’s pages and pages behind, so I can gather anything from it. Paint that as connection if you like, but I just don’t see the push right now unless it’s based from predecessor and behavior of not catching up and playing off of that.

At this point I think it’s best to go off of Boom’s calls honestly, and I’m gonna look back at it in regards to their reads. They said Z and then Xivii. I’m completely down with Xivii, but I honestly don’t think anyone will let it happen to fruition.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Rajam Rajam Had Zens claim held up and not been retracted, he’s confirmed as town Miller. While you are correct he wouldn’t have gone before Fonti, he still would’ve been a potential NK target due to confirmed town status. See where I’m headed now? Revoking claim makes him suss and if there’s traction against him as a Lynch, not a viable NK target. If he’s traitor, he can be NKd by mates. Take the town confirmation off the table, you take the greater chance of an NK coming his way off the table.

Rajam

Smash Champion
My town reads havent changed so far. Although trisscar wasnt stellar D2 I still think it's solid town.

ExLight is a bunch of mixed signals. I wouldnt be surprised if this slot flips traitor because I think it's the perfect justification for some town impressions and some other scum impressions I'm getting

Z25 is still scum, but my priority toDay is LaserGuy. Although I can't point specific scummy things, this slot has failed to leave a town impression so far. If anything I guess I can point:
- Not being around at the end of D1
- The wagon analysis he made D2 felt like he wasn't mixing in intentions properly. More loaded to the mechanical/superficial side

^ Again, minor points. The major reason still being a lack of towniness. Lacks those 'lightbulb' moments I've found with other slots

Rajam

Smash Champion
Chaco, I'll check Zen, but tbh it's a hard sell for me. I don't see myself going against his slot toDay. As I said, traitor-at-worst, and also as I said, we shouldn't be pursuing traitors unless we're in LYLO

Rajam

Smash Champion
I wont push claims toDay, but masons should really be running numbers, contemplate the existence of a potential traitor, potential LYLO/MYLO situations, contemplate counter-claim shenaningans from scum, whether the info they have is worth outing vs keep their identities hidden, etc

Rajam

Smash Champion
Kinda off topic, but saturday I was feeling a bit lazy and in my lazyness I decided to nostalgia-check a game I hosted here years ago. I found this post-game gem:

Also, nobody should ever listen to Zen ever.

Like, ever.

You lie a **** LOAD in EVERY GAME.
Since 2012 guys. SINCE 2012

Chaco

Never Logs In
Laser is a hard read for me cause he posts with little inflection. As pointed out before, my game mechanics are just grossly rusty. So I’m basically relying on motive and inflection, deriving intent from the way they speak and things they choose to talk about/ignore/etc. So basically I’m pure gutting, which was wrong with Boom. But like I said numerous times, I wanted to like their slot so much, but the FF connection nagged at me too bad. Which leaves me where I’m at toDay, and not basing off of anything FF did or said.

Truthfully I need to reread Laser, along with the game, because they’ve been so background all game. They’ll come in and make a post or two, and it’s nothing that I feel has been heavy in the game. So they’ve slipped off of my radar most game. Which is more reflective on me, obviously the way I’m playing is not working. So I need to brush up on mafia a bit more again, and read from a different perspective.

So long post short, I’m gonna reread and tell you my thoughts there, as well as overall.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Had a lot of quotes from last Night, gonna address them before I forget:

mmm. +1 town point for Z25 I guess?

Agreed. Why isn't scummy though?

Is Laser scummy for this? Is ExLight scummy for this?

Laser, thoughts on Z25? Also, 2nd paragraph: Any conclusive stance on frozen's push on ExLight?

Overreactive reaction

Z25 I'd like to hear a response to this

tbh I think you, me, and several others are reading too much on frozen's push on somi D1. Upon reread I think it definitely can go either way and thus we should take this as a null, and focus more on ExLight's play

Xiivi I'd really like to hear more about the bolded part

This is overdefensive. You should acknowledge scum bussing each other D1 is not weird at all. As town you should've been more willingly open to accept that. The energy put to 'shut up' this possibility is scummy to my eyes; comes from frightened scum imo

+1. Malakandra is still town

Z25 not even trying to see Zen's claim/unclaim from a town-Zen PoV is rather scummy, specially considering Z25 has saw Zen doing this kind of stuff as town in the past

? I dont quite get this, just wanted to add there's no way Zen would've been NKilled before fontisian so I'm not sure where were you trying to go with this, Chaco

More of what I already quoted above. idk, it feels like Z25 is purposefully trying to avoid a deeper analysis of town-Zen doing this.

mmm this is interesting, Didnt see yesterDay, and is a PoV I didnt consider. I'll keep this is mind if at a future point we need to reconsider things. Anyways, would make Zen traitor at worst, and I dont think we should lynch traitor-at-worst slots unless we're in LYLO

Agree with this, although Zen has a reputation for being too impulsive, not very logical at times :/ I still think Zen is town though.
I don’t think that Laser or Ex look particularly scummy with those posts.

For laser it just seems like an off point that tbh doesn’t have much factual backing and feels kinda of meh. It isn’t a solid reason to scum read someone, but that doesn’t mean it comes from a scum perspective. It’s possibly just a bad townie post.

As for EX, he has a kinda of harsh/honest tone and that makes his slot a little quirky. So I don’t think Ex fakes being drunk but honestly I could be wrong there.

As for that Boom post, I definitely answered it somewhere but I will answer again. I thought he was was fine at first and made a fair post there, but looking at other content, he started to feel like he was back seating and trying to keep a very low profile. Which is odd. He could be mason maybe, but a scum role wouldn’t surprise me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t think that Laser or Ex look particularly scummy with those posts.

For laser it just seems like an off point that tbh doesn’t have much factual backing and feels kinda of meh. It isn’t a solid reason to scum read someone, but that doesn’t mean it comes from a scum perspective. It’s possibly just a bad townie post.

As for EX, he has a kinda of harsh/honest tone and that makes his slot a little quirky. So I don’t think Ex fakes being drunk but honestly I could be wrong there.

As for that Boom post, I definitely answered it somewhere but I will answer again. I thought he was was fine at first and made a fair post there, but looking at other content, he started to feel like he was back seating and trying to keep a very low profile. Which is odd. He could be mason maybe, but a scum role wouldn’t surprise me.
EBWOP:
However I am not sure if I would yeet you first. I don’t have any big scum vibes from you(more your original slot), but I do not have a town read on you yet. I don’t dislike your content, but your original slot still bugs me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Rajam Rajam

To the part you asked me about Exlight going after people in heavy town category, it’s just like he was pushing to push there. Didn’t feel any thing beyond that. It’s like casting a wide net knowing you’re not gonna catch anything there, but doing it all the same for the sake to do so.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Laser's reads are subject to his wagon analysis, instead of the other way around. It's too black & white. It's an excuse to lack a deeper analysis of intentions

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Fun fact: if we mislynch today AND there's a traitor, we'll be in LY/LO toMorrow, unless the traitor gets NK'd. A few big if's, but I thought it may be important to note.

Darkpit54 Darkpit54 we still haven’t established if I was tunneling incorrectly in the first place or not. That’s still TBD. And why would Rajam and I be connected?
The first point is valid, I more meant that you were tunneling against the Frozen yeet, which was correct. Obviously Xivii's alignment isn't certain yet.

Your slots are connected because you're both somewhat defensive of eachother. You resisted his lynch when possible, and literally the post after you asked this he defended you:

Honestly, scummates would probably try to distance more, so I'm unsure what to make of it, but your slots are definitely connected. You and Jack didn't seem to be at all though so I'm unsure where this leaves me lol.

This is probably true. This slot is just difficult to read lol, as Somi was kinda scummy and some of Ex's play is confusing. Still leaning town, but hesitantly.

Laser's reads are subject to his wagon analysis, instead of the other way around. It's too black & white. It's an excuse to lack a deeper analysis of intentions
I rather appreciate the wagon analysis, I feel like it provides useful information no one else is really bringing. Do wish there was more to his slot, but it's just pretty null for me, not scummy

Based on the night kill we probably don't have a traitor.
How do you figure? I think it would have been a good night kill if there was a traitor, as it would almost definitely not hit the them, and scum needs the number. Definitely doesn't mean there is a traitor, as it's a crippling kill regardless, but I'm confused on how it could mean there's not one

Rajam

Smash Champion
Rajam Rajam Had Zens claim held up and not been retracted, he’s confirmed as town Miller. While you are correct he wouldn’t have gone before Fonti, he still would’ve been a potential NK target due to confirmed town status. See where I’m headed now? Revoking claim makes him suss and if there’s traction against him as a Lynch, not a viable NK target. If he’s traitor, he can be NKd by mates. Take the town confirmation off the table, you take the greater chance of an NK coming his way off the table.
Besides/after fontisian, I think scum would definitely try to find and aim at masons, specially tracker. Even at the times when Zen was treated as 'confirmed town' he still had several detractors and guys pushing him; I mean I think scum would (and will) try to aim at people like you/DP/Malakandra/trisscar before Zen because tbh those slots are treated like cleared townies anyways, barely anyone is pushing them, meanwhile Zen is still seen as rather distracting, to say the least. This has been a thing since a long time ago. I think saying Zen dropped the claim because he feared a NKill is a bit of a stretch

I'll concede one thing though: As BoomFrog pointed out, traitor-Zen might have dropped the chocolate claim in order to help scum figure out the existence of visitor/chocolate/traitor roles, rather than messing scum with that analysis

And with that said, Zen would be traitor-at-worst. Would lynch at LYLO, but not before that.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
How do you figure? I think it would have been a good night kill if there was a traitor, as it would almost definitely not hit the them, and scum needs the number. Definitely doesn't mean there is a traitor, as it's a crippling kill regardless, but I'm confused on how it could mean there's not one
The fact that they didn't aim for Masons indicates that they are sitting comfortably with ninja shots.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Likely what you said, that they’re sitting on ninja shots. But overall Fonti was a better kill than mason hunting anyways, you saw how D2 rolled downhill, Fonti was the unifier. Can you imagine on how consensus is going to go toDay? Fonti was cleared so she was completely trusted, so when she started directing, everyone fell in line cause the slot was trusted. That’s a better scum kill imo.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Besides/after fontisian, I think scum would definitely try to find and aim at masons, specially tracker. Even at the times when Zen was treated as 'confirmed town' he still had several detractors and guys pushing him; I mean I think scum would (and will) try to aim at people like you/DP/Malakandra/trisscar before Zen because tbh those slots are treated like cleared townies anyways, barely anyone is pushing them, meanwhile Zen is still seen as rather distracting, to say the least. This has been a thing since a long time ago. I think saying Zen dropped the claim because he feared a NKill is a bit of a stretch

I'll concede one thing though: As BoomFrog pointed out, traitor-Zen might have dropped the chocolate claim in order to help scum figure out the existence of visitor/chocolate/traitor roles, rather than messing scum with that analysis

And with that said, Zen would be traitor-at-worst. Would lynch at LYLO, but not before that.
That’s what I’ve said all along, even when claim was first out, slot doesn’t live til endgame. But it’s one of those things that I don’t really wanna wait til LYLO to lynch Xivii cause I am uncertain. And that uncertainty, with everyone, surrounding the slot is what could tank LYLO for us if we fall to that point.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think what you’re picking up in as defensiveness from me towards Rajam, Darkpit54 Darkpit54 , is the fact that I didn’t agree with lynching him when he was literally pages behind and hadn’t had a chance really to get caught up. I would’ve gone with a Rajam lynch, as shown, if that’s what the consensus was, but my first pursuit was BoomFrog obviously.

Rajam

Smash Champion
I rather appreciate the wagon analysis, I feel like it provides useful information no one else is really bringing. Do wish there was more to his slot, but it's just pretty null for me, not scummy
I agree the analysis is good, but you need to check deeper layers. 'Why' rather than 'What'. Intentions rather than content. Laser kinda reminds me of when I was scum with frozen in the last Jungle Republic Mafia. I was pointing out stuff like this: 'Player A is not scum with player B due to this interaction here'. My analysis was good and indeed correct, but I had extra information because I was part of the scum team. Scum can also make good analysis. Again, check intentions

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Fun fact: if we mislynch today AND there's a traitor, we'll be in LY/LO toMorrow, unless the traitor gets NK'd. A few big if's, but I thought it may be important to note.
....blink.... Wait you sure? There'd be 9 people left and three would be maf aligned, I thought LYLO was something else?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
so can we flash yeet rajam today
You mean like quick end the phase?

No, that’s a terrible idea. We haven’t been unified and just blindly voting a target is not about to help us.

I’d rather hear your thoughts on Chaco though. You didn’t seem fond of them, so how is Rajam worse?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Prolonging the day is just going to lead to a bad execution. Rajam's flip is important for moving the game forward.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
....blink.... Wait you sure? There'd be 9 people left and three would be maf aligned, I thought LYLO was something else?
Maybe I just can't count lol. I think there are nine right now, right? After a mislynch and nk, there would be 7. Four town and three scum. A mislynch would lead to three to three, and after nk we would lose. Scum hitting the traitor would change this significantly in our favor, obviously.

That was my logic anyway. I'm going back up to make sure I counted correctly, but I'm pretty sure because 13 initial slots minus 4 deaths equals nine living slots, right?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
The fact that they didn't aim for Masons indicates that they are sitting comfortably with ninja shots.
This is kinda concerning, considering they only had two at max to begin with. Why wouldn't they have used them by now? I feel like this implies scum is probably townread, and hasn't been worried about being tracked, right? Or am I getting too paranoid?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Also mafia got to use the rolecop last night, meaning they probably found a mason. How does everyone feel about a claim? I understand if not but if they still have ninja shots the powers are relatively useless anyway, and I think it's important to avoid a mislynch today.

Not saying we have to because you guys probably know better than me but I think it would be a good idea

Top Bottom