• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Malakandra

Smash Lord
The other one is a rolecop, I agree with Fonti that it is best you stop posting until your sober again.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Exlight you are saying you got drunk in less than an hour, and yet your text is only missing letters that aren't important in a word's pronunciation.

Your assertion that the masons should claim is anti town.

I disbelieve your claim in every sense.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Are you actually censoring your posts while drunk or is there some settings that stops me from seeing swears?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
it just crubbed wrong to me
idfk he kepy liking **** without posting and was town reading scum and seened too safe
What felt safe?
Where was he townreading scum?
How do you know he was liking stuff without posting if you weren't here?

ExLight

Smash Lord
Exlight you are saying you got drunk in less than an hour, and yet your text is only missing letters that aren't important in a word's pronunciation.

lol ok

Malakandra

Smash Lord
is there a way to turn that off, or is it just like that? Here I've been thinking everyone was censoring their stuff this whole time lol

Malakandra

Smash Lord

I don't think questioning if they are drunk is the right play here, I don't think someone would lie about that.

ExLight

Smash Lord
What felt safe?
Where was he townreading scum?
How do you know he was liking stuff without posting if you weren't here?
idr i think readslist?
i read the thread durr i saw the posts he liked and when

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I don't think questioning if they are drunk is the right play here, I don't think someone would lie about that.
Got people to stop paying attention to them, dunno why it wouldn't be a good play.

Also now their "drunk" speech pattern has changed.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Exlight, you'd probably present your argument better if you waited till you were sober. I'd much rather interact with you at your full mental capacity.

ExLight

Smash Lord
do i have a wagon on me alreadu
i swear to god eveery ****ing time

Exlight, you'd probably present your argument better if you waited till you were sober. I'd much rather interact with you at your full mental capacity.
im mot much better sober

ExLight

Smash Lord
My current list looks something like:
Town Read:
Jackrito: I honestly just really like what he's given so far; most scum wouldn't object to being called Definitely Town with little given reasoning, and the discussion has seemed helpful and genuine
Not Much Info Yet, But What We've Gotten Has Been Good:
FrozenFlame: We obviously haven't gotten a lot, but what have gotten seems very well thought out and genuinely town-motivated.
Somitomi: Basically the same as Frozen, somewhat more content, but a bit weaker and less recent
Feels Town? No Strong Reason:
NSG: Honestly almost no info, but I genuinely think this is just a new town? Waiting to see more though fs
Trisscar: Xivii Xivii and @BoomFrog I'm curious as to why you have him as definite town. He certainly isn't triggering any alarms, but I don't think I've seen anything to make me certain about his alignment. Maybe I'm just too suspicious of everyone initially though lol, so please let me know if you have reasoning that I've missed.
Seems Townie, Could Be Strong Mafia:
I think that this grouping has at least one scum, if not more, but I'm struggling to narrow down the specifics. Evidently most of these have shown the ability to play scum very well before and as such could easily do so again. It seems like the ones that are town would be strong assets, but it's difficult to decipher which voices to listen to. After some death, scum or otherwise, I think this may become easier (hopefully lol)
BoomFrog: This player is the main reason for the name of this category, truth be told (in addition to Xivii). I think that most of the information given has been very helpful and townie, but some of their interactions have seemed a little off. Ultimately I want to trust this but am hesitant to because I think this being scum would be very dangerous for us
Chaco: The aggressiveness was somewhat difficult to read at first, but it now seems mostly town. Has distanced from multiple possible scummates, such as Boom and Xivii, but I'm honestly not quite sure what to make of that.
Xivii: Similar to how I feel about Boom, minus points for the many "I'm town" posts. Recent posts have seemed good but still difficult get a confident read on him.
Fontisian: I think the early post about mechanics would have helped mafia much more than town, but still could have been coming from a town perspective. Recent posts have seemed more townie but still haven't provided a ton of information. Unsure.
LaserGuy: The early push on NSG seemed strange and Xivii's push of Laser made sense, but his explanation helped, as have his posts since. Ultimately still unsure.
They've Given Us Little To Nothing:
3dsNinja: I genuinely think this is town, but due to how unhelpful he's been, I couldn't not put him here. Sorry bro. I understand not wanting to die, but I don't think this is helping your case.
Raxxel: It's hard to be sure about a slot that's contributed nothing but defense of another slot, then disappearing. I'm hesitant to say that this is definitely scum as we've seen next to nothing, but obviously I can't townread this.

I hope this made sense, and if not feel free to ask me and I can clarify anything lol. This should definitely be taken with a grain of salt, as I'm not sure how reliable my reading ability is, but if nothing else this should lay out my thoughts on each player, if you disagree with anything please let me know why and persuade me otherwise lol.

I hope that made sense and didn't seem too ramble-y. I'll probably regret the lack of concision after some sleep lmao
not safe
twas becaise of too many townies
FF in top townies fsr
the 'confirmed' ones were null too

ExLight

Smash Lord
**** it was actually 2snd
thats like even townier
unless they got scared of jumpin when it got too big but idfk seems ok for now

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Pit is one of my top townreads. His position on the FF wagon is a factor, but I feel he has been incredibly pure during the game. His readslist was wrong sure, but town is wrong more often, and I would think most mafia would put their mates in a null section or low town rather than where pit put FF.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
idr i think readslist?
i read the thread durr i saw the posts he liked and when
You can't actually see when someone likes a post afaik, most were when I was catching up on posts I missed that I agreed with. The Mala post you referred to was posted while I was typing a fairly lengthy response which I posted minutes later lol. I won't argue with the readlist point because all of my top three seem rather scummy now, but for where we were in the game I think they seem somewhat more logical lol.

Ultimately, I still think the play for today is Boom

him being like 3rd-5yh vote on ff makes me townrea them tho
I was the second. Fonti was the first, Triss was the third, Xivii was the fourth. I think this bodes well for me, but it is definitely within scumrange

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Vote Count 2.02

[3] ExLight: Xivii, Malakandra, Trisscar
[1] Chaco: ExLight

Not voting: Z25, Rajam, Fontisian, Chaco, Darkpit54, BoomFrog, LaserGuy

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to hammer.

Day 2 ends on July 12th at 8 PM EST

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It's likely just Rajam and Boom. Though Jack not making any reads seems more like a traitor strategy than a mafia strategy as well as Rajam's scum claim in #1001 but we'll see.

Top Bottom