• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle GA Melee (in Macon): October 4th

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Entry
Saturday October 4th
Stairway Toys
3640 Eisenhower Pkwy
Macon, GA 31206
(478) 784-6403‎
Google Maps
Map Quest
There is PLENTY of parking space
the Entry fee will be $10 ($5 door fee / $5 pot)
Signups start when the store opens (10:00 I think)
The tournament will start some time from 12:00 to 12:30
60% of the pot will go to first place
40% of the pot will go to second place

rules
* Singles Tourny

*Items = Off

*Stages
- 6 Neutral Stages (set for Random)
1) Final Destination
2) Battlefield
3) Yoshi Story
4) Dream Land 64
5) Pokemon Stadium
6) Fountain of Dreams
- Banned Stages
1) Icicle Mountain (Ice Climber)
2) Great Bay
3) Flat Zone
4) Hyrule
5) Mushroom Kingdom I
6) Brinstar Depths
7) Fourside
8) Big Blue
9) Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
10) Onett
11) Yoshi 64
12) Kongo Jungle
13) Venom

* Double Elimination

* Bracket / Match
- Best 2 out of 3 victories.
- The Final round(s) will be a best 3 out of 5 match.

* Slashing

* Advanced Slob Picks

* In-Game
- Stock Match
1) 4 stock per player
2) Stock match time limit = 8 Minutes per game

*Addition (non-game related)
- pizza slices sold $1 a piece ($10 buys a box, ten slices)
- canned soda sold 75 cents a piece
- Yu-Gi-Oh will be held the same day so expect a crowd

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Lmao

So Stairway Toys has given Kyd permission to host tournaments there regularly. Maybe once a month?

Also, concerning TVs, I don't know if I can save your *** again.. lul. Make sure we have plenty prior.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
I have one this time, the reason I couldn't use my roommate's is because they were leaving early and I was going to a party afterwards. This time she's staying the entire time (mioght even participate).

Dogy can't go!? WTF, that's some irony...

Just understand that I accidently double-booked my day, so there's about a 70%+ chance that the date will change. There's a Hollywood Undead concert in Atlanta that day and I really want to make that. Sorry for the confusion, I'll be calling Stairway tomorrow (they aren't open Sundays) to confirm a new date. I'm aiming more towards the first Saturday in October that way people have more time to ask off work, and we have more time to plan.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
well this was planned at the end of the brawl tourney i just did. We didn't really think ahead in any way other than the fact that the store manager was free. I honestly got a little worried that the date might have already been taken on Smash Boards but nobody's said anything yet.

U still good for TO3?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
the first off august i dunno man alot of people plan on going to impact clash to my knowlege unfortunately it might affect the turn out for this tourney

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well Impact clash is Oct 11th if Im not mistaken. I have no intention of possibly delaying this tourney for that long.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
hey im supporting you but i know quite a few people have taken off work and what have you to attend impact clash so just saying it could very well affect the turnout of this tourney i hope not though

Jx31

Smash Ace
I can go to this, everyone else, get off of your ***. If you want melee tournaments support them even if the pot format isn't exactly normal >.>;.

edit-I'll more than likely bring 2-5 people with me.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I was under the impression that GA was pro-melee as opposed to Brawl anyway. Isn't that true?
yeah it is, but you have to realize that inspite of what you might see on the boards, people dont like driving for tourneys they dont think will be worth their while.

And although there has been discussions and arguements talking about "Going to support melee tourneys", everybody does it.

But i dont blame a single person for not being quick to jump on something like this. I used to be in a position to where i had to drive atleast 3½ hours to any GA tourney and sometimes i'd wind up driving 4 hours for like, a 12 man tourney. Just isnt worth it.

__

So yeah, it's not that people wont show, you just have to be set in stone (planning ahead farther would get you more people, again because of distance), but you cant expect everybody to just hop on board.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
I fully understand this. I have been trying to find a good date in November for another Melee tourney and I will post it as soon as I get it down. Like I stated before (dunno if it was on this thread) this tourney was planned out of the blue. Anyone who goes to our tournaments will be the first ones to know about the next ones because we have them planned the day of.

Jx31

Smash Ace
October 4th? Great, I should be able to bring more people with me for this date.

The date should be part of the title btw.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Greatness. Also I can guarantee a setup on my own, I will be bringing a TV and Wii (might have 2 TVs) myself, Tyler or Josh will probably bring a console.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
My Wii is pretty much confirmed. No TV this time tho, unfortunately.

Kyd probably knows this already, but the manager of the store said he would give us the majority of the back this time. This means more tables and he also mentioned that we would possibly be able to use the shelves for TV setups. We also need to ask about using the spare TV Stairway has.

I just got sick; fail, hopefully I get better before TO3. >.>

Jx31

Smash Ace
**** it, someone from Atlanta better show up to this.

You know what....10 dollar money matches to the first two people from the Atlanta area who post that they're going(and actually show up, this offer is for THIS TOURNAMENT ONLY). You guys know how much I blow at this game, I'm almost giving my money away as a small incentive!

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
LOLz.
Well I'm actually thinking of double hosting for Melee and Brawl, just because it would draw in more people (plus the locals love brawl).

This thread really does need more hype though, it's Melee...
Yeah...

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Think people would be willing to shell out another $5 for a Brawl tourny on the same day? Seems likely since it's fairly convenient.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Yeah my bad, we would like to start at 12 but the place is a little tricky to find so I might not start until 12:30

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Yeah, I plan to be here.

I have work Oct. 4th at 10pm, so I'm hoping we'll get started on time, and wrap up in a timely manner as well.

=)

Who wants MMs at this?

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Greatness things are starting to get a bit better. Also, I might be able to bring in 2 TVs, but thats a big maybe. Apart from that I have one, and one of the guys at Stairway brought one in last time.
Josh has a Wii and Im bringing one as well. Any extra setups would be nice, but what we have will do fine (dunno about ur deadline FM, but we can try)

Also, If you want to play Brawl (yes I know..... it's Brawl) after the Melee tourney bring an extra $5 and we'll have another tourney after Melee is done.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
alright today is tha day.
The turnout isnt looking all that great but Im sure its all good. Stairway opens at 10 I think...... I'll be there between 10:30 and 11.

Jx31

Smash Ace
It was pretty fun, sorry for not being able to make it back on time btw Soft. I stayed in the grocery store way too long >.>.

You'll get the five bucks next time I see you.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Singles

Jubril(1st)
Shane(2nd)
Gabriel
S0FT
FullMetal
Jacob Warren
Kyd
Dante
Terrence