• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle GA LOI: Brawl: March 22nd

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Wow that sounds great. If the memory problem isnt exactly a problem then I'm going for it. Also, if i wanted spoilers (cant imagine why anyone would XP) after the Japanese release, where would i go?

I like the Wiimote idea, i didnt know you could do that, thats insane. I'll be sure to edit that into the opening post.
EDIT: The problem is they dont have it confirmed uless you found a page i didnt, it says they are trying.

Gerbil, think you've got your friends convinced to show? I really wanna play as many people as i can because i've never really faced competitive players for Melee, i was hoping to for Brawl.
I'm pretty sure Alpha and I are going, but the rest of them I can't speak for. For spoilers after the Japanese release, just be sure to stay on top of the General Brawl Discussion here at SWF. You can be sure SamuraiPanda will be all over the translations or anything else that gets leaked.

Here's a link to the page where it's confirmed for the WiiMote.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various14.html

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Luckily the memory problem has been solved. It shouldn't be an issue as soon as I pick up an SD card for data transfer purposes.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brawl got delayed to March 9th.

This tourny is officially a Melee tourny LOL.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about that, we'll see. I don't know if it's possible to hold this one off until March, since LOI is supposed to have one every 2 months. I don't know if that policy is flexible.

Kyd probably has the specifics.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
No dude. What I mean is, this tourny can still be on, but instead of us playing Brawl, we'll play Melee. You're changing the game, not the date lol.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
****in SWF and their ****ty *** server....

I've tried posting here and in the FR thread, but nothing is working. ****.

Anyways. Sorry that I now have a pissy attitude. This tourny can stay the same day, but instead of playing Brawl, we'll just play Melee instead. No need to delay anything. You're just changing games.

EDIT: OH WTF!!!!!!!! *sigh* I give up on these forums today...... Now, nearly 10 minutes later, my post showed up................................

Ugh you can ignore this.

*goes on a rant*

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yeah i completely ignored this thread since it was about brawl

but right on cue, everybody blows up my aim telling me brawl is delayed.

So yeah, if this was actually a melee tourney; that'd be kool.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
No dude. What I mean is, this tourny can still be on, but instead of us playing Brawl, we'll play Melee. You're changing the game, not the date lol.
What I'm essentially saying is the date may have to be changed, seeing as how two tourny's back to back, one for Melee in Feb, and one for Brawl in March, might not be feasible.

Of course, if it's in high demand, I'm sure it can happen. A Melee tourny for Feb 16th is still very possible. Personally I would like to play Melee once more before Brawl.

One thing is confirmed though, LOI will now have the Brawl tourny in March, probably the weekend after the 9th, which is the 15th.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I'm about to be very blunt, so please don't think of me being mean.

You guys have to start paying attention to other threads. FR XI is taking place March 15th-16th. They called that date months ago. Now I understand you don't wish to do tournies back to back, however since the date for this tournament was alrready set in stone for Brawl, just change the game to Melee and everything will be fine. Seriously.

I understand you guys probably wanted to have the first Brawl tourny, but due to Nintendo's change of release, it's been re-done. Sorry about that for real.

Now, if you're syaing this tourny date is no longer set in stone, then I see your points. Otherwise, I just don't see what the big deal is with just changing it from Brawl to Melee.

Be careful too, in another thread I saw 112 speaking of possibly hosting a tourny on Feb. 9th.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
I'm about to be very blunt, so please don't think of me being mean.

I understand you guys probably wanted to have the first Brawl tourny, but due to Nintendo's change of release, it's been re-done. Sorry about that for real.

Now, if you're syaing this tourny date is no longer set in stone, then I see your points. Otherwise, I just don't see what the big deal is with just changing it from Brawl to Melee.
We understand that. The date was originally set for the weekend after Brawl, so people will inherently want the tourny date to be the following weekend. It was automatically assumed. Note: This is just what I've been told. The only absolute fact is that LOI is having a tourny in March. I'm sure they'll do their best to avoid other tourny dates. It is still unclear as to whether or not February will have a Melee tourny.

And to answer the question pertaining to changing the Feb tourny from Brawl to Melee, you have to understand, there are serious limitations as to what LOI can do schedule-wise, the tourny's are usually two months apart, always. People will surely be in favor of a Brawl tourny as opposed to Melee if we are only allowed to host one.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
The tournament is debateable. Before i go into details of this i have something to say.
THIS
IS
BALLS
@#$%ing delay!!!!

I'm just gonna push the tournament back to March because we now have another technical problem... Does anybody have a link to a free tournament managing program?

I don't know about the Melee tourny, there's no way i can promise a decent prize because to be honest i dont know if the turnout will work. If y'all really want it i can muster something up, but we'll probably be running alongside Halo again if we do Melee.
Give any suggestions to SpeedAce and he'll forward them to me (unless you wanna go out of your way to message me on my school profile.... http://kydloi.proboards77.com).

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
The tournament is debateable. Before i go into details of this i have something to say.
THIS
IS
BALLS
@#$%ing delay!!!!

I'm just gonna push the tournament back to March because we now have another technical problem... Does anybody have a link to a free tournament managing program?

I don't know about the Melee tourny, there's no way i can promise a decent prize because to be honest i dont know if the turnout will work. If y'all really want it i can muster something up, but we'll probably be running alongside Halo again if we do Melee.
Give any suggestions to SpeedAce and he'll forward them to me (unless you wanna go out of your way to message me on my school profile.... http://kydloi.proboards77.com).

YES complete and utter balls! this sux big nutsax!

but yeah. i def agree with gerbil. have a melee tourny instead. now sure the prize money wouldnt nearly be as great. but still, itll be a good sumthing to do that day

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Alright awesome to know. I dunno if I can make the Brawl one since FR XI is the week before, but I am definately going to try.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
yeah the whole debatable dates thing was due to the fact that we need permission to use the bulding ahead of time.
The whole setting tourny dates thing is mainly due to my HEAVILY restricted and i cant keep up with much of anything, the fact that SmashBoards are lagging doesnt help much.
Brawl = March 22 (if the date is clear)

Top Bottom