• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miami PnT Tournament!

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
Miami Smash Bros Brawl Tournament! Hosted by B.A.M.F

Where: Play N Trade in Hammocks ( 10201 Hammocks BLVD #136)
When: Friday March 13th
Time: 9:00 P.M. (be there at least 15 min early)
Cost to enter: $5 per person

Rules of tournament

1. No foulplay or cursing
2. No controller modification
3. No items
4. Stage must be final destination or battlefield
5. 3 stock match
6. Single Elimination Tournament!

TOURNAMENT WINNER RECIEVES $50 CASH MONEY!

2nd and 3rd place winners get free entry for next tournament!

*Controllers will be provided but you may bring your own

If you have any questions or concerns call Jorge at 786-246-3143

There arent many of these in miami so hope everyone can make it out, please reply if you are coming. Lets smash it up!

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
I have two questions:
1.) Will the matches be best 2/3, 3/5, or 1/1? And will they be 1 on 1's? I hope they are, because i was just at a tourney, and I know alot of good people who got screwed over in FFA matches.
2.) Also, about the controller modifications: I'm pretty sure that there will be some people there who main Lucas and use the B-Stick and L for jump control settings. There will definately be people myself who only modify the control's so we can turn tap jump off. How will this rule work out with those types of players?

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
1. The matches will be 1/1 and 1 one 1's only. No FFA bull.

2. We're going to stick to the no controller modification rule. We've had a lot of complaints in past tourneys with people changing controls so we want to avoid any sort of conflict. We apologize if this will be an inconvenience for your character.

Hope you can still come, let me know if you have anymore questions.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman

2. We're going to stick to the no controller modification rule. We've had a lot of complaints in past tourneys with people changing controls so we want to avoid any sort of conflict. We apologize if this will be an inconvenience for your character.

Thank you for no FFA's! ;)

Well, the only reason why i need tap jump off is for UTilts. Guess it won't kill me to just ignore tapping up on the control stick. Infact it poses a bigger challenge :) I'm still going, hopefully.

SpaceAnimalLuver

Smash Rookie
Hey there. I'm definitely interested in playing in some tourneys. Few questions though.
1. What time will friendly matches start?
2. This next one is more of a suggestion. Is it possible to setup two names (in case both players want to use it) on each system where the only modification is tap jump off?
Thanks in advance.

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
Hey space animal luver lol. If by friendly matches you mean practice matches, you can start as soon as you arrive. and for the 2nd question, we're sticking to the no controller modification rule. Sorry if its an inconvenience. Hope you can still make it out, should still be a fun time.

nevershootme

Smash Master

you do realize the simple answer is to just change the names, people i've seen consistently blindly not changing it or not looking at it. and it does make a huge difference between players preferring tap jump off.

and really, just make a name with tap jump off in the settings and that's it. and tell them that there's a name tag with it on if they choose to use it, and it only takes a few seconds!

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
you do realize the simple answer is to just change the names, people i've seen consistently blindly not changing it or not looking at it. and it does make a huge difference between players preferring tap jump off.

and really, just make a name with tap jump off in the settings and that's it. and tell them that there's a name tag with it on if they choose to use it, and it only takes a few seconds!
It does indeed make a big difference. I'm practicing w/ tap jump on atm, and I can't play the same. Guess I will just have to deal with it.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Wow, really fun tournament! Really wish I had the ability change my controls though, but I was able to live with it. Anyone count how many TL mainers were there, and how many got past the first round? Who won the whole tourney? Will places be released?

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
Hey Onithewolf, glad you had fun and thanks for being a good sport. Fidel playing as snake won the tournament. I'll be posting up the results soon. Thanks to everyone that came!

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, just in case you didn't know, I was the blonde that used Toon link, and ended up losing to Fidel's Snake.

SpaceAnimalLuver

Smash Rookie
Aah! I got there about 15 min too late to play. Whatever, I'll get there early for the next p n t tourney in april. you guys going?

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
Tourney Results

1. Fidel-Snake
2. X77- Marth/Ness
3. Cool-Fox
4. Grunj-Diddy
5. Naota- Metaknight
6. Albert- Game and Watch
7. Joshua K-Toon link
8. Philip- Snake
9. Gunso-Wolf