• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's Tourney Speculation(1.1.3)

Viable in tournaments

• Yes

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
With mewtwos great buff's do you guys think that Mewtwo has a higher chance of getting better placings at tournaments
(If there's a thread for these let me know and I will move it)

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Abadango might use him at Genesis.

Otherwise, Mewtwo isn't solo viable like the top tiers are, but he is definetly viable with a secondary.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Abadango might use him at Genesis.

Otherwise, Mewtwo isn't solo viable like the top tiers are, but he is definetly viable with a secondary.
This, I think the question is too vague. Should say as a secondary or solo. Because he isn't solo but as a secondary for sure.

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
Was at a small tournament today, nothing serious. Anyways I used Mewtwo and he is perfectly viable. I got to round 2 of loser's bracket but honestly I could tell that was just down to my own individual skill - the games were close and I was able to hold my own :)

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I believe Mewtwo is more than viable now. What do we have in total?
Great dash speed + great air mobility + great recovery
Aireal moves with low landing lag or are easily autocancelable combined with all of them killing in some fashion
An absolutely amazing projectile that is overall extremely underutilized to a terrible degree as it not only can kill, but it covers ledge options, can lead into grabs, can go thru every projectile in the game except for very few of them (notably loid rockey) and has a huge hitbox. Shadowball is amazing but underused by a majority of players. Oh and it breaks shields (FCSB + Dash attack)
We have a stun move that again is underused as I think a lot of players consider it useless but really it stuns them for enough time for us to land several powerful punishes from.
Theres more and I could go on but mewtwo is light, and awkwardly large so he isnt hard to hit. But the thing is you can survive for quite a while with optimal DI, and if youre playing Mewtwo well youll be smart, patient, and defensive, and punishing when necessary anyways. Not running in whilly nilly.
Mewtwo is a perfectly viable character in several regards. I think he'll have the same issue as always in the fact that he wont have many players representing him.

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
I think he'll have the same issue as always in the fact that he wont have many players representing him.
Pretty much this, yea. People were (pleasantly) surprised that I was using him. The tricks and tips are there, just a matter of finding them when the competitive game is dominated by same 6 or so characters over and over.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Mew^2 is apparently going to TGC and maybe Pax south, so be on the lookout!

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
25yes 1no anyways thanks for your thoughts on is Mewtwo viable for tournament

Top Bottom