• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo2000's Stages and Tools

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I figured out a fix. Remembering that my third alt worked, I just made the first two entries in ASL have blank entries. No checkboxes or anything. Then I just added them to slots 3,4,5 instead of 1,2,3. It works now!
Can I steal your GCT to see exactly what you mean?

EDIT: Never mind I see, I'll give this a shot!

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
will there be an update to the cbliss tool to allow customization of slots 11-14? I was thinking of putting some team colors into those slots.
Also I was wondering if the cbliss tool is capable of creating a 3rd set of team colors.

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
You can make 11 and 12 team colors, just not 13 and 14.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
You can make 11 and 12 team colors, just not 13 and 14.
oh ok thx!
is it possible to change the costume selection order for 13 and 14 though?

Edit: So i played around with the cBliss tool for a bit and thought i should let everyone know--cuz i don't know if anyone else has found out yet--that you can actually set team colors on slots 13 and 14. i'm having trouble setting it up so i can have three colours in a row though because for some reason if i try to use slot 12 in conjunction with slots 13 and 14 the tool crashes.

Last edited:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I'm taking a look to this when I'm free (from next Tuesday on)

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I still dont understand where people put visual resources for costumes 11-14... There arent any numbered slots available for it...
well with csps and rsps you can just add to their respective MiscData. it doesn't matter that the number goes past the original ten slots. so like with mario you can put MenSelchrFaceB.011 for costume 11. however, you can't do anything with battle portraits or stock icons for now.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
well with csps and rsps you can just add to their respective MiscData. it doesn't matter that the number goes past the original ten slots. so like with mario you can put MenSelchrFaceB.011 for costume 11. however, you can't do anything with battle portraits or stock icons for now.
The thing is that MenSelchrFaceB.011 is Donkey Kong's default costume. Would the game know how to differentiate them?

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
The thing is that MenSelchrFaceB.011 is Donkey Kong's default costume. Would the game know how to differentiate them?
you put MenSlechrFaceB.011 in MiscData[0] which is mario's folder. as long as the file is in the same folder as the character it corresponds to the files won't interfere with each other. But like i said before you can't change battle portraits. what will happen is that you can get csps and rsps to represent mario for slots 11-14 but the battle portraits will show donkey kong in game

Last edited:
you put MenSlechrFaceB.011 in MiscData[0] which is mario's folder. as long as the file is in the same folder as the character it corresponds to the files won't interfere with each other. But like i said before you can't change battle portraits. what will happen is that you can get csps and rsps to represent mario for slots 11-14 but the battle portraits will show donkey kong in game
Wow, never would've figured they wouldnt interfere

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
There's a minor design flaw with the Cbliss tool.

For characters that have longer filenames, the edit window is too small to display the whole name which makes it a bit harder to tell which number costume you're selecting from the list.

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I am using HyperLink's PM 3.6 GCT with ASL and the Libertyernie Stage Additionm, and I added Cbliss to add 2 costume to Snake. However, when I added the two CSPs (458 and 459) and tried to access them on the CSS the game freezes.

Edit: I am stupid, I accidentally gave Snake 3 costumes instead of the 2 I added.

Edit Edit: Okay, now when I press Y to go to the last costume for Lucario and Captain Falcon the game crashes. All I did was replace an existing costume for them. If I go through all the way with X it works fine, so the CSP is fine. How do I fix this?

Last edited:

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to have a version of the code that just loads each characters' default stocks and BPs no matter which costume is chosen, or even set just 11-14 to use the defaults?

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been able to get peach to load up costumes 13 and 14. i think it might be because the game isn't reading a fitpeachentry file for them. I put one there, but that didn't seem to work. Same thing for kirby, except that the game only freezes when he is in the same match as a person whose copy ability he needs files for like donkey kong or snake

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Now that I'm home, I can start looking into these issues during the week. I'll fix the issues with the longer names, that's easy. Then I'll look into the specific issues I see reports about. Make sure you're using as many extra files for characters like Peach and Kirby as in the official PM build, though.

Besides the fixes, I'll add a new feature that will make it possible to use non-shared costume numbers for the characters you want, which is what I'm using in this video I made once:

These will cause freezes in certain modes, like the 1p ones, but they will be flawless on standard versus modes, including special brawl. With the appropiate extra files, the only issue in 1p modes is just the ending getting a freeze, when the video for the winner is loaded. I'll post more info when I actually include it into the tool anyway.

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Okay, big issue. For some reason on PM 3.6 Final, Lucas and Bowser crash when going on any added slot (Dry Bowser or Commander Lucas.) So if I select any of those costumes or any added costumes after that, the game freezes right when the stage is selected.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Okay, big issue. For some reason on PM 3.6 Final, Lucas and Bowser crash when going on any added slot (Dry Bowser or Commander Lucas.) So if I select any of those costumes or any added costumes after that, the game freezes right when the stage is selected.
i haven't had that issue. What kinds of costumes are you putting in to those slots?

BlasterMaster11

Smash Rookie
Is anyone else having trouble using the ASL tool with PM 3.6? I'm using the download link on BrawlVault:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21742

Everything that I've read says that I should be able to use the tool with 3.6, but I can't get it to work. I have the ASL tool in the same folder as my GCT, but I have to double-click twice for the tool to actually open, (it opens two instances of the program then, but just double-clicking once does nothing), and once it's open, it won't allow me to navigate through any stages, and it also says that the ASL code can't be found. Any ideas? I'm on 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, and I'm wondering if that's part of the issue. Thanks in advance!

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else having trouble using the ASL tool with PM 3.6? I'm using the download link on BrawlVault:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21742

Everything that I've read says that I should be able to use the tool with 3.6, but I can't get it to work. I have the ASL tool in the same folder as my GCT, but I have to double-click twice for the tool to actually open, (it opens two instances of the program then, but just double-clicking once does nothing), and once it's open, it won't allow me to navigate through any stages, and it also says that the ASL code can't be found. Any ideas? I'm on 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, and I'm wondering if that's part of the issue. Thanks in advance!
It sounds to me like you may be being a little impatient haha. Just try double clicking once and waiting. It can run pretty sluggish on lower speed SD cards. When 2 instances of the tool are running at once, neither will work, like you said.

Last edited:

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
i haven't had that issue. What kinds of costumes are you putting in to those slots?
I am just copying the preset PM costumes and renaming them. They are Smash 3C but they have worked before even without Cbliss. Only those two characters crash.

BlasterMaster11

Smash Rookie
It sounds to me like you may be being a little impatient haha. Just try double clicking once and waiting. It can run pretty sluggish on lower speed SD cards. When 2 instances of the tool are running at once, neither will work, like you said.
Yep, it just takes about 3 minutes to load. Not ideal, but it works. Thanks for your help!

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I am just copying the preset PM costumes and renaming them. They are Smash 3C but they have worked before even without Cbliss. Only those two characters crash.
when they worked before did you have them on their pm slots? like you replaced pm dry bowser with 3c dry bowser? do you have the most recent version of the 3c costumes?

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Yep, it just takes about 3 minutes to load. Not ideal, but it works. Thanks for your help!
Wooooaaaah that's way too long. I would consider putting the ASL Tool and your .gct in a folder on your desktop and then just replacing the .gct on your SD Card whenever you make any changes.

BlasterMaster11

Smash Rookie
Wooooaaaah that's way too long. I would consider putting the ASL Tool and your .gct in a folder on your desktop and then just replacing the .gct on your SD Card whenever you make any changes.
That's actually what I've been doing all along. Any thoughts on why it takes so long?

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
That's actually what I've been doing all along. Any thoughts on why it takes so long?
Absolutely no idea... Slow computer maybe? Mine takes about maybe 10 seconds to boot up when launched from my SD card and it's instant when launched from my desktop. So weird.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Yes for all.
With bowser do you also have extra costumes put in for Giga Bowser? because that might be the problem. I don't know what to tell you about Lucas.

Edit: Also, when exactly do they freeze in game?

Last edited:

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
With bowser do you also have extra costumes put in for Giga Bowser? because that might be the problem. I don't know what to tell you about Lucas.

Edit: Also, when exactly do they freeze in game?
Dry Bowser has a Giga Bowser costume, yet he freezes, so that isn't the problem. They freeze on the SSS after I choose a stage. It gets stuck on the SSS.

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
When the game crashes does it buzz or is it silent? It sounds like there's a problem with the BPs or CSPs. Make sure you have BPs and that you have stocks in menu/common/stockface, info2/info and stgresult.pac and that they are all named correctly (there's a guide stickied in this forum)

Last edited:

BlasterMaster11

Smash Rookie
Absolutely no idea... Slow computer maybe? Mine takes about maybe 10 seconds to boot up when launched from my SD card and it's instant when launched from my desktop. So weird.
It's not the best PC out there right now, but it's only a year old. I don't know. I can deal with it for now. Thanks for your help!

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
That happens to me when using it from the sd card, too. In fact, an older computer I had made it work much faster than a newer one, at least when using it from the sd card. But it's really weird that running it from the desktop is so slow. Maybe your windows or your antivirus is checking the files accesed until it determines the program is safe or something, dunno.

It's good to see people backing me up by helping others with the questions about the tools, thank you Embarrass

Well, let's see. I've been working a little on the cBliss tool. I've (hopefully) fixed the issues mentioned here, which were the size of the expandable box for characters with large names, and the issue when trying to add team colors in slots from 10 on. I've also fixed a few small thingies, but I've not included the alternate costume slot option yet.

You can get the updated version from the vault: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33347

I'm working on the alternate costume thing, when it's done I'll update again. If I missed any reported issue, or you find any issue with the tool, just tell me about it and I'll include any needed fixes.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
so i'm a bit confused, how would i be going to make it so that Battlefield and / or Dreamland (or any other stage with twin collision alts) to load their alt randomly?

Chag0

Smash Cadet
i dont know if this is the right place to ask it, but can somebody please upload an info.pac that is CBliss compatible or at least teach me how to edit it myself?

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Even with the new update Bowser and Lucas crash when you select the PM costumes or any costume afterwards. It freezes on the SSS when you select a stage.
Note: I am using the Smash 3 HUD, have the alternate stage loader, have the Ridley mod with its required codes, and have the 38 extra custom stages mod.
If it helps, here are some files

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
That happens to me when using it from the sd card, too. In fact, an older computer I had made it work much faster than a newer one, at least when using it from the sd card. But it's really weird that running it from the desktop is so slow. Maybe your windows or your antivirus is checking the files accesed until it determines the program is safe or something, dunno.

It's good to see people backing me up by helping others with the questions about the tools, thank you Embarrass

Well, let's see. I've been working a little on the cBliss tool. I've (hopefully) fixed the issues mentioned here, which were the size of the expandable box for characters with large names, and the issue when trying to add team colors in slots from 10 on. I've also fixed a few small thingies, but I've not included the alternate costume slot option yet.

You can get the updated version from the vault: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33347

I'm working on the alternate costume thing, when it's done I'll update again. If I missed any reported issue, or you find any issue with the tool, just tell me about it and I'll include any needed fixes.
Mewtwo and Roy are completely missing from the tool when used with PM 3.6 full.

Rage83

Smash Ace
like when u load up a fresh gct they aren't in the tool at all?
I use an edit from Fewtch for everyone to have 10 costumes. For some reason, (even though the Cbliss codes are exactly the same as the ones used in the tool) those two characters are missing in the NEW version of the tool, despite having 10 costumes.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I use an edit from Fewtch for everyone to have 10 costumes. For some reason, (even though the Cbliss codes are exactly the same as the ones used in the tool) those two characters are missing in the NEW version of the tool, despite having 10 costumes.
Ok i just checked it out. So yeah for some reason using the Fewtch build (sinistersnakesennin's build right?) the cBliss tool doesn't show Roy or Mewtwo. On Vanilla Project M they appear though--but for some reason they are defaulted to have 14 costumes, at least from what i saw--and I also checked my own gct that uses the cBliss and ASL default kit as a base and that one shows mewtwo and roy as well.
Even with the new update Bowser and Lucas crash when you select the PM costumes or any costume afterwards. It freezes on the SSS when you select a stage.
Note: I am using the Smash 3 HUD, have the alternate stage loader, have the Ridley mod with its required codes, and have the 38 extra custom stages mod.
If it helps, here are some files
I checked out those files of yours. I got a vanilla version of project m and plopped your files in there. I got those silent freezes of yours so i checked out each file one at a time in game to see what gave me those freezes. However, for some reason it appeared to be random. There were times when the game froze when i had your sc_selcharacter.pac or your gct in the game, but during my last couple of checks they both worked. Also I tried just using your files but used the cBliss tool on a vanilla project m gct and the costumes worked there. So the tool isn't your problem. Since the freezes are silent, the game is trying to load up something that isn't there. I would just check to make sure you have everything you need in terms of BPs and stock icons.

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Ok i just checked it out. So yeah for some reason using the Fewtch build (sinistersnakesennin's build right?) the cBliss tool doesn't show Roy or Mewtwo. On Vanilla Project M they appear though--but for some reason they are defaulted to have 14 costumes, at least from what i saw--and I also checked my own gct that uses the cBliss and ASL default kit as a base and that one shows mewtwo and roy as well.

I checked out those files of yours. I got a vanilla version of project m and plopped your files in there. I got those silent freezes of yours so i checked out each file one at a time in game to see what gave me those freezes. However, for some reason it appeared to be random. There were times when the game froze when i had your sc_selcharacter.pac or your gct in the game, but during my last couple of checks they both worked. Also I tried just using your files but used the cBliss tool on a vanilla project m gct and the costumes worked there. So the tool isn't your problem. Since the freezes are silent, the game is trying to load up something that isn't there. I would just check to make sure you have everything you need in terms of BPs and stock icons.
I have the Smash 3 HUD so I wouldn't need stock icons. All BPs are there.

Top Bottom