• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mewtwo vs jigglypuff

deviljin545

Smash Cadet
there is a really good puff i verse and i play it patient waiting for him to come to me so i can hit him with the tail, but i can never get it to work and just lose any help or should i just play marth?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
With all due respect to Jiggs players, Mewtwo dominates this matchup. Shadow King hit the nail on the head - but don't forget his up and down tilts as well, both of which are lightning fast and have insane coverage.

Jiggs can't Wall of Pain Mewtwo very easily simply because Mewtwo has too much range and speed in his recovery options.

Remember also you don't need FULL Shadow Balls all the time. Baby Shadow Balls are a tremendous nuisance for characters with poor approach options.

Not to mention the fact that up throw kills at INSANELY low percents.

The main thing to worry about are YOLO Rests in the air and on the ground. But as far as I know she has no actual guaranteed Rest setups against Mewtwo, so just try to avoid option select situations and you'll be fine.

I hope that was helpful. Best of luck!

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Usmash reads are great as jiggs doesn't have the greatest get-up or tomahawking options. Fair will trade with jiggs' stair and Mewtwo is one of the few characters that can't be easily edge-guarded by Jiggs. Also, I believe we have a general MU thread, and discussion on this topic belongs there usually.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Rest hits easier on M2 then you would think, that's why I never take this matchup too lightly (pun intended)

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
I used to have issues with multi-jump characters like jigglypuff and Kirby because they would out-space me in the air. Usually by getting just a little above me when I would jump towards then. But I have gotten better at these matchups by trying to play a bit more defensively and choosing my attacks carefully. When jumping around now, I will often jump straight up or maybe pull back a bit, and this keeps them from ending up above me.

Top Bottom