• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mewtwo vs floaty characters

joshisrad

Smash Lord
lololol
is he seriously arguing that Mewtwo is a good character?

also lol @ bamsoldier

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Again, Iori has a very good mewtwo. He's played topnotch people, he went around FC:Diamond daring everyone to MM his mewtwo, the story goes. He's a good dude.

if you can consistantly beat/go even with a marth, that's great, but it means either A) ur opponent is not good or B) you have a really good mewtwo.

Post a vid, we'll be able to see which one it is.
I'm hoping to get a lot of Iori's videos up near the end of this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to get some tournament matches I have, as well as the mewtwo dittos he did with Mookierah. They're entertaining to say the least.

lololol
is he seriously arguing that Mewtwo is a good character?
also lol @ bamsoldier
I dont think he's arguing that mewtwo is a good character, more like he is arguing that Mewtwo's matchups vs. floaty characters aren't hopeless. and ya they call bam bamsoldier

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Mewtwo does not have a single opponent in the game where the matchup is hopeless. There are some that are a lot more difficult than they should be, but not a single one of them is un-winnable.

If you want to seriously play Mewtwo, you can not go into matches thinking "Okay, my opponent is character X, which is higher tier than Mewtwo, so I can't win no matter what, and if I do win, it was because he sucks." Rather than be pessimistic and give up before the match starts, one should approach the match with a good head on their shoulders.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I almost can't believe that a Mewtwo ditto would be entertaining in the least. I'd like to see this.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
The way you speak makes m2 sound like a bad character. :093:
Mewtwo's has zero range in the air. As a result, any aerial attack that mewtwo lands is the result of a good mindgame. Other characters like marth, to approach, all they need to do is spam carefully. Mewtwo is required to much more thinking to land his hits.

mewtwo certain is capable of beating any character in the game. its just that it would require ur metagame to be a few steps higher than your opponent's.

of course, these relationships im drawing ( metagame difference vs. winning) certainly arnt linear functions. The results of matches aagainst top notch players are seemingly less influenced by tier rankings. Players at the bottom of the competition level are also less affected by the tiers. But in general, mewtwo's always playing at a disadvantage.

im prideful to be a mewtwo main, but sometimes i do wish he was designed a little better.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Mewtwo does not have a single opponent in the game where the matchup is hopeless. There are some that are a lot more difficult than they should be, but not a single one of them is un-winnable.

If you want to seriously play Mewtwo, you can not go into matches thinking "Okay, my opponent is character X, which is higher tier than Mewtwo, so I can't win no matter what, and if I do win, it was because he sucks." Rather than be pessimistic and give up before the match starts, one should approach the match with a good head on their shoulders.
You speak my lauguage. M2 rock my sock my vid is coming out too soooooon

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
Is it just my crappy spacing, or is Mewtwo the easiest character for a Jiggs player to rest? The other day my friend pulled a new rest technique where he simply did a nair->rest when I had zero damage and it seemed like I couldn't do anything about it... The shadowball spam style doesn't work for me so I'm constantly having to get too close. I'm trying out f-tilts for spacing and sometimes when I shffl a Fair I hold the shield button down in case the jiggs tries to rest if I miss. It seems like everything I try only works for a stock or two while jiggs keeps doing the same crap while I'm pulling anything I can out. Any suggestions for tricky anti-jiggs mindgames?

quak

Smash Champion
nair to rest is known, and not just against the massivest of characters

but yeah, logicly mewtwo is the easiest to rest cause he's ****ing huge, but you just have to be smart about it.

and that's all i got to say about that

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
nair to rest is known, and not just against the massivest of characters

but yeah, logicly mewtwo is the easiest to rest cause he's ****ing huge, but you just have to be smart about it.

and that's all i got to say about that
I do believe Ganondorf is a larger rest target denny. get your facts straight. why am I even here?

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
dude, HAVE YOU SEEN THE F'ING TAIL ON MEWTWO?! A REST ANYWHERE NEAR HIM AND HE'S ****IN DEAD!
dude dont john about the tail, i have a cape. =P but seriously denny, Kirby can be classed as a floaty but off the stage he shouldnt. After each of his jumps, he drops a tiny bit and because he has so many jumps, its a substantial distance. doing a fair on kirby isnt as great unless its a automatic kill. WOP on kirby and then just edgeguard him with a dsmash or fsmash works and maybe a spike. but i dont play m2 so you can ignore me.

also denny, we will call you about recording soon so be free or be dead. if you can, i will give you some quak pack money if you can come.

quak

Smash Champion
kirby? wtf? KIRBY IS THE LAMEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME. who give a **** about him? nobody :p

for those of you that don't know, quakpacks = snackpacks, i didn't make up the term

...but snack packs are delicious

Top Bottom