• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo vs. Falco Matchup

lain

Smash Master
I find this matchup almost next to impossible to win. If the falco lasers a lot and retreats and waits for you to do something, what can be done?

quak

Smash Champion
POWERSHIELD!

maneuver through platforms better to avoid lasers and to approach

on fd, learn to shield wavedash/teleport to get in

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
sh teleport has a set distance, which could turn to be a hazard if you overuse.
but every once in a while, its a great approach

as for falco, do not hesitate to roll. if you see a SHL to grab comming, roll.

against falcos, be completely defensive. try to space around and look for oportunities for dtilts or grabs.

okami473

Smash Apprentice
I recomend drugging ur opponents cola before a match, that always helped me through hard times.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
sure you can, in fact, i rarely use SH teleport as an approchal
I usually use m2's extremely nifty triangle jump to avoid lasers, sometimes I djc fair above them to close distance. If I see an opening I won't hesitate to SH teleport behind them, just to throw things off. Also, if he shoots a laser high enough to duck, wd under it ftw.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
triangle jump...., thats something i havnt seen anyone ever apply to a match.

are you serious about bypassing lasers with that?
i really dano, but from what i imagine, the frames should be sufficient to dodge lasers. and the timing would certainly be easier to manage than powershield.

quak

Smash Champion
nah, powershielding lasers is easier for me

i got a 50% chance of doing it now, woot!

they'd be like, wtf? he got lucky MORE LASERS

and i'd be like, **** ur ****, BYAH! :p

but for everyone else, the best way on a non platform stage is to continuously wd into ur shield

... i usually reserve triangle jumping for close combat sits, and approching against non projectile spammers

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Once upon a time I think I had a casual match using Mewtwo against Falco where I powershielded every single laser he threw at me.

I think the next match he stopped using SHL >_>

-PM-

Smash Ace
what if you get into a huge combo those hurt and i dont know how to get out of them

sometimes you can nair and get out of them but they still hurt really bad =/

-PM-

Smash Ace
hmm thanks i found that out that i keep getting meteored all the time (thats normally how i die all the time because he likes the way it looks =[ but i drag him with me lol

PDRK

Smash Rookie
yea but normally the lag from the teleport gets me grabed or hit into another combo
your best bet if your going to attempt to land on the stage try to land right above the stage kinda like a SHT, works better of your hanging on the ledge since you have more control.

-PM-

Smash Ace
no... you DONT get even close to the stage. so why would you get even get grabbed or combo.
when you diagonal sweetspot, you should be well away form the ledge. which is why it is so safe.

your response makes zero sense.
wait i thought you ment something else do you mean when you jump of the ledge and teleport back on the ledge? or off the ledge back on the stage?

technomancer

Smash Champion
Wait, M2 has like... Luigi like WD out of shield capabilities like woah... I know Falco is gay but lasers shouldn't be that much of a problem. Watch any Husband vs. Falco vids or Ka-M vs. Falco vids to get the idea. Ftilt is good too.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Not many characters have an aerial approach against Falco, lol. I can think of Peach and maybe Marth. The Falco vs M2 match up isn't really that bad for me anymore. My simple routine on Falco's is usually powershield wavedash down tilt/grab, shield teleport shield and react to tilt or shffl with a retreating JC disable or a shield grab from a poorly spaced down air, or a powershield teleport mix up.

Basically you get in close to Falco and put some strings on him and watch him dance toward you then create a grab opportunity. You get your monster combo on grab, or tech chase depending on location/stage, try to create easy edge guards cuz Falco = easy mode off the stage.

If you feel uncomfortable teleporting or you think the Falco is calling it with reverse forward smashes and down airs, start doing more short hop air dodges, teleport in place, or WD out of shield with shield up. If you also feel that your powershields are off a bit, you can start teleporting into his SHL to mix up the distance of your teleports.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Not many characters have an aerial approach against Falco, lol. I can think of Peach and maybe Marth. The Falco vs M2 match up isn't really that bad for me anymore. My simple routine on Falco's is usually powershield wavedash down tilt/grab, shield teleport shield and react to tilt or shffl with a retreating JC disable or a shield grab from a poorly spaced down air, or a powershield teleport mix up.

Basically you get in close to Falco and put some strings on him and watch him dance toward you then create a grab opportunity. You get your monster combo on grab, or tech chase depending on location/stage, try to create easy edge guards cuz Falco = easy mode off the stage.

If you feel uncomfortable teleporting or you think the Falco is calling it with reverse forward smashes and down airs, start doing more short hop air dodges, teleport in place, or WD out of shield with shield up. If you also feel that your powershields are off a bit, you can start teleporting into his SHL to mix up the distance of your teleports.
Wow, this has been very helpful. Thanks!

Top Bottom