• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo teaser combo vid, check me out!

quak

Smash Champion
Figured I'd post it in here, cause if i posted it in the place where i am supposed to, most people would skip over it, plus i'd like the feedback of the mewtwo players out there.

Again this is a minute and a half long teaser combo vid, tell me if it's worth finishing eventually

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8261283685083482118&hl=en

That's right google vid, no reason not to watch it now :p

Enjoy!

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
Figured I'd post it in here, cause if i posted it in the place where i am, most people would skip over it, plus i'd like the feedback of the mewtwo players out there.

Again this is a minute and a half long teaser combo vid, tell me if it's worth finishing eventually

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8261283685083482118&hl=en

That's right google vid, no reason not to watch it now :p

Enjoy!
very nice, your inspiration to mewtwo players everywhere.

quak

Smash Champion
you can only do so much with mewtwo.......plus it's only a minute long shadow claw is like eight or so

there's gotta be some more opinions out there...

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
You've impressed me; well done. I'd say you're definately one of the best mewtwo's I've seen who've posted vids here. I would like to see actual matches though... because it's hard to judge how good your opponents are with short clips like that. But I guess that's what combo vids are all about... I mean a lot of have pulled off nice combos like those ones, but how you do over all in a match is different. Regardless, good work!
I think I'm going to try and get some vids up for me pretty soon :).

Renth

Smash Hero
Decent, but this offers nothing Taj has not done or done better in Shadowclaw.
I was unimpressed with Shadowclaw there is no DI in that video what so ever those combos for the most part do NOT work like when mewtwo is down tilting fox across the stage yeah.. DI and it doesn't work and spamming f airs normally mewtwo would have to chase them left or right .. not in shadow claw just straight up and down

I enjoyed this Teaser

Cort

Apple Head
Meh. The stuff you do isn't that impressive or unique. And in most of the videos you're down multiple stock against your opponents, lol.

Look at Taj's Mewtwo for some inspiration, and practice your tech skill a little more.

quak

Smash Champion
well, most videos don't have mewtwo as the comboing charactor :p

already saw shadowclaw, ty for input

I just rewatched shadow claw and, your right Renth, i didn't notice before that his opponents did some really dumb stuff, like the marth that couldn't get out of mewtwo's dairs for some reason, and the fox who just tumbled straight down while taj was charging the shadowball, and couldn't see it coming.

however, i was just recently informed by taj, that the dair clip was made as a joke more than anything else, and the fox attempted to reflect the shadow a little too late. My apologies if you felt offended man, didn't mean to have that effect.

I didn't make this vid to talk about shadowclaw though.....

So what do you think? Worth putting time into it for a full length vid?

JFox

Smash Hero
50% of the clips were potentially good footage, the other 50% was nothing special. It seems to me you just need to capture more impressive footage before making this video.

But it does seem like you have the potential to make a good video.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
OK first off, I will give you props for trying to play such a difficult character. Mewtwo is very tricky.

as for the video, most of that was one or two hit comos..then a chase and a random hit. You need more footage of actual combos...most things people take for combos are actually psuedocombos. They can be got out of but the oponent just doesnt. I really saw nothing that was overly impressive, but dont take it badly. Keep up the work and you can get better.

As to defend Taj. I play him consistantly, I have played his mewtwo hundreds of times and I must say that in shadowclaw a lot of those combos could have been di'ed out of slightly, however by doing so we would have di'ed into a different combo. The dtilts on fox is EXTREMELY hard to DI out of. However, Az is currently starting production on ShadowClaw 2. This time we are going to lenghts to capture video from various tourneys OOS and local as well as other match footage to make sure that the DI problem is eliminated, there will be new tricks and well just wait...it will be out.

/END

quak

Smash Champion
yeah, you're right, they are more strings than combos, i'll keep that in mind if i decide to go on with this, thanks for the tips.

D

Deleted member

change the music

rock and roll sounds like a beat-your-*** deal, and combo videos work better with hip-hop IMO

footage wise, ignore my previous bitter remark. I don't think anything in any mewtwo video will ever impress me so I don't count.

quak

Smash Champion
sure, but since the vid was only a minute and a half, i couldn't find a song that suits the playing style and also be that short. The closest i came to was andre nickatina's 'Fears of a Coke Lord'

Any songs you got in mind?

Skler

Smash Master
Your M2 is great, most of (maybe not the one on falco) if not all of those clips looked like they were done in real matches. I liked the video.

quak

Smash Champion
thanks, but if they weren't in real matches, where else would they be from? I didn't stage any of these clips man, and i don't play against comps or anything....

KissBlade

Smash Rookie
sure, but since the vid was only a minute and a half, i couldn't find a song that suits the playing style and also be that short. The closest i came to was andre nickatina's 'Fears of a Coke Lord'

Any songs you got in mind?

No way!! Rock PWNS. Anyway try Animatrix "Overseer" for a combo video music. That track is BEGGING for a Smash combo vid. Or the classic favorite of Hoobastank's "Same Direction" . =)

quak

Smash Champion
alright, i can see where you're coming from umbreonmow, rock does give a combo vid a atmosphere of arrogance, and the beats of hip-hop always sinc with the vid, even if you're not trying to.

0din

Smash Rookie
I just want to say that I enjoy seeing combo videos for every and any characters, and as long as they're of good quality, there are never enough. So everyone who says "Shadowclaw was already done," then whatever.

That being said, I really enjoyed it. I think you're very good with mewtwo. The one beef I have with most combo vids is that they're playing the same people over and over again (usually). But at the same time I realize most people smash with their crews and can't just go traveling everywhere and what not...so...disregard what I just said.

Good job. Finish it!

quak

Smash Champion
probably will finish, but don't count on it coming out soon. I'm gonna take my time with this one..

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
taj's match videos are much better than his combo video lol. they only feature some weird-looking stuff that he does... the match videos of taj are raw skill.

well i'm picking up mewtwo recently. it would be interesting to see another combo video, keep it up quak.

GreenCarrot

Smash Cadet
i liked the video.. especially that glitch on bf.. im new to the boards and ive only had ssbm for like a month and i havent seen that glitch until now.. and i like ur use of the dsmash..

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
yeah dude, i liked it but the music sucked. i also really liked where you pulled that shiek through BF rofl. anyways, even if all these people don't like it, i think it's awesome. ogod luck if you decide to do a full one. mewtwo is tricky and i use him to fool around sometimes so i know how hard it is to play him :) good luck!

quak

Smash Champion
hm, resurrected from november last year...

I guess i'll take this oppertunity to say that i decided to go through with making the vid, and recently began recording (like this week actually) again, it's not gonna happen for a while.

And FYI i won't be using The Vines, I'm using Disturbed, but i could use a suggestion for the second song.

Top Bottom