• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo, Sceptile, or Jigglypuff

So which one do you want?

• Sceptile

Votes: 39 20.5%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 71 37.4%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 80 42.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The reason Mewtwo was cut is because of time restraints caused by the SSE taking up 60% of the time, money, resources, and focus on Brawl's development. Mewtwo's design also had many glitches. Both of these heavily contributed to Mewtwo being cut.

Also, Mewtwo was a lot more wanted back in the day than veterans like Young/Toon Link (I was the biggest Toon Link fan in the world, so I know), Ganondorf (yes, I am going that far), Sheik, Jigglypuff (I don't know why), Ness, the Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game & Watch, all of whom returned.

The whole "muh recuncy" "muh sales" "muh retros" "muh hate of clones" movement made it to where Mewtwo was easily a choice everyone could agree on should be back. Ironically, this whole ideaology got shot in the face, as 3 of the cuts were obvious ones (Roy, Pichu, and Dr. Mario), while the 4th in Mewtwo... eh.

Yet, these opinions are still more popular than actually intelligent ones.
I know SSE, and probably Sonic too, are the culprits behind Mewtwo's absence in Brawl, but like I said he was still judged to not be worth putting as high priority, at least not enough to actually make it into the game. I'm aware that he was more popular than clones because damn, clones were treated as sins back then, but I don't think he was more popular than Sheik, Jigglypuff, unique Ganondorf, Ness or Ice Climbers because he was treated like such a joke, and 4/5 of these characters were also popular due to their gameplay (Ness being the outlier, but at least he was the face of a franchise and had another Smash game under his belt), something Mewtwo certainly wasn't. Mr. Game & Watch is probably right though, people hated this poor guy for some reason.

The only time where Mewtwo's popularity became evident was when he was suddenly put at risk by the Lucario/Jiggs/Ness slip, and at that point it was of course too late, otherwise detractors were a whole lot more vocal about getting him out of the game than supporters were for getting him into the game. He was basically plagued by the same arguments you see people use against Jigglypuff today, but without the seniority and gameplay appeal to make up for it and instead a bunch of other difficulties plaguing him.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Jigglypuff - Easily my favorite moveset of the whole series, therefore a must

Mewtwo - Enjoyed playing as him in Melee, but I can live without him

Sceptile - If he doesn't interfere with muh vets, I'm okay with him

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I'd edit my decision-making post, but I looked back & forgot to post this instead:

Want to be added: Sceptile
Should be added: all 3
Most likely to be added: Purin & Mewtwo

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Want to be in: Mewtwo
Should be in: Mewtwo
Most likely to be in: stupid creampuff what shouldn't be in

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Want to be in: Sceptile, Mewtwo
Should be in: Mewtwo, Jiggs to a lesser extent
Most likely in: just Jiggs

I don't get why people act like Jigglypuff "deserves" to be in just from being in every game so far. Her moveset focuses on being round and balloon-like, and neglects most of the Jigglypuff line's abilities in the games. Being fast in the air isn't as special as it used to be, with other characters occupying that niche such as Wario and (as of Brawl) Yoshi. And let us not forget that Ness was on the chopping block for Melee until Mother 3 got delayed. Just...for Arceus' sake, if they bring Jigglypuff back, can we at least get a revamped moveset that uses more Fairy-type and vocal moves?

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Want: Sceptile
Shoud Be: Sceptile
Will Be: Jigglypuff or Mewtwo

Last edited:

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
Sceptile would be great.
1: He has a reason to be playable, with him getting a mega, a remake of his game, and then having a fire, grass, and water type.
2: He already has moveset made for him with all those moves, standard a - pound, side a - pursuit, side tilt - night slash, down a - low sweep, up a - x-scissor down air - acrobatics, standard special -energy ball or Bullet seed, side special - leaf blade, down special - detect, up special - Aerial Ace, Final Smash - Mega Evolution, Leaf Storm, or Frenzy plant.
3: It would get hype for the new pokemon game.

Jigglypuff I feel is getting in no matter what, so I can say that if they got all 3 in, it would be a bit overkill, though everyone would be happy.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Want: Sceptile
Shoud Be: Sceptile
Will Be: Jigglypuff or Mewtwo
This along with most of the post inputs being very similar to this might be the ending result. Had I not seen this source, I'd still be thinking Purin & Mewtwo are 100% guaranteed. But with Ness / Lucas / Jigglypuff on the verge, It's believable.
Sceptile would be great.
1: He has a reason to be playable, with him getting a mega, a remake of his game, and then having a fire, grass, and water type.
2: He already has moveset made for him with all those moves, standard a - pound, side a - pursuit, side tilt - night slash, down a - low sweep, up a - x-scissor down air - acrobatics, standard special -energy ball or Bullet seed, side special - leaf blade, down special - detect, up special - Aerial Ace, Final Smash - Mega Evolution, Leaf Storm, or Frenzy plant.
3: It would get hype for the new pokemon game.

Jigglypuff I feel is getting in no matter what, so I can say that if they got all 3 in, it would be a bit overkill, though everyone would be happy.
This too. However this source makes belief fall down the slide a bit. 700 pokemon from 6 generations & the mix of logical people wanting Sm4sh to still have 4+ characters from the same region / generation is fine & all to me I guess. ., just feels bad that Pokemon Gen. 1 will always, always be 80% of the pokemon cast in Smash Bros..

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I want both Jigglypuff and Mewwo and they should both be in.

I don't really care about Sceptile and he barely has any reason to be in other than to give fanservice to the pokemon fans who want all the starter types and a hoenn pokemon.

Personally, I prefer the air Ivysaur as a grass type pokemon character.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Give me Mewtwo, Puff, and Hawlucha and I'm good
That'll have us with Pikachu, Lucario, Greninja, Charizard, Mewtwo, Puff, and Hawlucha
which'll be 7 reps which is alot
Sceptile can go f himself

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Unpopular opinion here, but does anyone else think Sceptile's popularity is a little over-exaggerated due its pretty vocal community on the internet? It kind of reminds me of the Mother fan-base in that regards. I wonder if the Sceptile hype train actually has rails in Japan...

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think Mewtwo should either replace Jigglypuff, or they should have six Pokémon and have both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo playable.

No Sceptile.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

These three are the most likely candidates for the final Pokemon character.

Maybe none, two, or all of these pokemon might be added, but it's more likely just one will have a spot on the roster.
So which one? Let's take a look:

JiggyPuff

This little puff ball was in the original smash! How on earth could they remove him now? Well, these other two possibly have better chances than him! Pokemon has SO many possible reps that a constantly returning character could be good if cut.

Mewtwo

Ohh Mewtwo, why would you be cut in the first place? The world may never know, but we didn't like it. You were a fan favorite, and it seemed like you had an obvious spot in Brawl, but nope! The fact that he got a mega evolution might seem like a plus for the character, but the fact he was cut earlier throws him into a raffle.

Sceptile

Sceptile, the newcomer. It seems like the most likely option for a pokemon newcomer, but the fact he wasn't in the pokemon exclusive trailer makes it a little iffy. There are fire and water starters and the only thing missing would be grass, but why not Venasaur, Serperior, Tortarra, or other GStarters? Sceptile not only seems the most smash-like, but also has a new game coming out in november! It would be perfect! But then again, what about Jigglypuff or Mewtwo? They all seem like they have great chances.

So which one do you
Want to be added:
Should be added:
Most likely to be added:

In the poll vote for which one you want
PS: Sorry if I seem biased towards Sceptile, I want him the most
I like how you put the final spot as if pokemon is bound to a certain number of spots.

Pokemon is probably gonna get 6 again with Mewtwo and Jigglypuff.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Considering 6 Pokémon characters seems to be the status quo, I'm voting on 2 Pokémon per field.

Want to be Added: Sceptile & Mewtwo
Should be Added: Jigglypuff & Sceptile
Most Likely to be Added: Jigglypuff & Sceptile

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
I like how you put the final spot as if pokemon is bound to a certain number of spots.

Pokemon is probably gonna get 6 again with Mewtwo and Jigglypuff.
Yea, I probably should've worded it differently... I meant the pokemon for the final spot, as in which guy/guys.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Want to be Added: Sceptile & Mewtwo
Should be Added: Mewtwo & Sceptile
Most Likely to be Added: Jigglypuff & Mewtwo

.n_n.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Unpopular opinion here, but does anyone else think Sceptile's popularity is a little over-exaggerated due its pretty vocal community on the internet? It kind of reminds me of the Mother fan-base in that regards. I wonder if the Sceptile hype train actually has rails in Japan...
No I agree.

I find the whole starter trio argument completely ridiculous and clutching at straws at it's finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom