• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo, Sceptile, or Jigglypuff

So which one do you want?

• Sceptile

Votes: 39 20.5%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 71 37.4%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 80 42.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman

These three are the most likely candidates for the final Pokemon character.

Maybe none, two, or all of these pokemon might be added, but it's more likely just one will have a spot on the roster.
So which one? Let's take a look:

JiggyPuff

This little puff ball was in the original smash! How on earth could they remove him now? Well, these other two possibly have better chances than him! Pokemon has SO many possible reps that a constantly returning character could be good if cut.

Mewtwo

Ohh Mewtwo, why would you be cut in the first place? The world may never know, but we didn't like it. You were a fan favorite, and it seemed like you had an obvious spot in Brawl, but nope! The fact that he got a mega evolution might seem like a plus for the character, but the fact he was cut earlier throws him into a raffle.

Sceptile

Sceptile, the newcomer. It seems like the most likely option for a pokemon newcomer, but the fact he wasn't in the pokemon exclusive trailer makes it a little iffy. There are fire and water starters and the only thing missing would be grass, but why not Venasaur, Serperior, Tortarra, or other GStarters? Sceptile not only seems the most smash-like, but also has a new game coming out in november! It would be perfect! But then again, what about Jigglypuff or Mewtwo? They all seem like they have great chances.

So which one do you
Want to be added:
Should be added:
Most likely to be added:

In the poll vote for which one you want
PS: Sorry if I seem biased towards Sceptile, I want him the most

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I seriously want 2 of 3 (Mewtwo and Sceptile), but if you put a gun to my head, I'd say Mewtwo. He's the essential Gen 1 legendary.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
What's this "or" part?

Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, please. It happened in Melee, it can happen again.

Also, I'm still holding out hope that Ivysaur makes it back in.

Sceptile wouldn't be a bad choice, especially with Mega-Sceptile on the way, but he wasn't my favorite grass starter (Serperior would be awesome).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

These three are the most likely candidates for the final Pokemon character.

Maybe none, two, or all of these pokemon might be added, but it's more likely just one will have a spot on the roster.
So which one? Let's take a look:

JiggyPuff

This little puff ball was in the original smash! How on earth could they remove him now? Well, these other two possibly have better chances than him! Pokemon has SO many possible reps that a constantly returning character could be good if cut.

Mewtwo

Ohh Mewtwo, why would you be cut in the first place? The world may never know, but we didn't like it. You were a fan favorite, and it seemed like you had an obvious spot in Brawl, but nope! The fact that he got a mega evolution might seem like a plus for the character, but the fact he was cut earlier throws him into a raffle.

Sceptile

Sceptile, the newcomer. It seems like the most likely option for a pokemon newcomer, but the fact he wasn't in the pokemon exclusive trailer makes it a little iffy. There are fire and water starters and the only thing missing would be grass, but why not Venasaur, Serperior, Tortarra, or other GStarters? Sceptile not only seems the most smash-like, but also has a new game coming out in november! It would be perfect! But then again, what about Jigglypuff or Mewtwo? They all seem like they have great chances.

So which one do you
Want to be added:
Should be added:
Most likely to be added:

In the poll vote for which one you want
PS: Sorry if I seem biased towards Sceptile, I want him the most
No 2 out of 3 is likely not 1 more

And its Mewtwo and jigglypuff no question

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
brawl had 6 poke reps, so It's not completely imposible we have 6 again, specially if they are jiggly and mewtwo.

Mewtwo is a must, but jigglypuff have the adventage that she seems easy to code-do (thats why she wasprefered over mewtwo in brawl mostly) and adds tons to the gameplay.

I wouldn't mind scpetile, specially if it inherits the most interesting parts of ivisuar moveset, but I see it hard.

CrazyChaos

Smash Cadet
I would like to have Sceptile, and I think a grass starter should be playable. If the popular and significant Charizard never got to appear until it appeared alongside the other two starter types, then no starter should appear without being accompanied by the other two starter types. Serperior could be fine too, but Hoenn remakes are a thing.

Mewtwo would be nice to see again, but it depends on how they do things. Mewtwo would need a few changes, and how the Mega-Evolutions will be handle is another thing. I really like Mega Mewtwo Y, so I would like it if just that form was playable. Or maybe all three forms could be playable as clones with a variety of differences. Odds are if we get Mewtwo, we will get Mewtwo with Mega Mewtwo Y as a Final Smash, though I would be curious about what they do for its voice. Better chance of appearing than Sceptile, but there is some weirdness going for it.

Jigglypuff is probably returning, and is probably the only one that we will get. Which is fine I guess. Though as much as I would like to accept it for being different or unique, Kirby is already here as our pink spherical character anyway. We could evolve it and let it represent the Mystery Dungeon series as the Guildmaster.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Jigglypuff has been in since the original Smash, and if she hung on this long, she deserves to stay. She was popular at the time, and despite being a bit obscure now, she is still pretty iconic, especially in Smash.

And Mewtwo was definitely the least justified cut from Brawl. Everyone else cut was a clone, while Mewtwo was not. Mewtwo was a completely different character, and the only thing he has in common with Lucario is the Aura Sphere Neutral-Special. Besides that, they are completely different.
Not to mention he is the most popular choice for Smash 4, probably even ahead of Ridley.
Sakurai would be an idiot of he ignored all of the fan-demand for him. It would be a flat o terrible business move.

That being said, I think both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff will return in Smash 4.

As for Sceptile, the main problem is room for a 7th Pokémon character on the roster. It seems like overkill.
But after Ivysaur and Squirtle, he is the perfect choice for DLC.

Also, we already have a Pokémon character discussion thread, as well as a Sceptile support thread, and veteran threads for Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, so this thread seems a bit unnecessary.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Brawl had six reps.

Lucario, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Pikachu, Jigglypuff

Sm4sh can have six?

Pikachu, Chariard, Lucario, Greninja, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Also, we already have a Pokémon character discussion thread, as well as a Sceptile support thread, and veteran threads for Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, so this thread seems a bit unnecessary.
I'm aware of all these great threads, but I wanted somewhere we could all discuss these three likely candidates together.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm aware of all these great threads, but I wanted somewhere we could all discuss these three likely candidates together.
I agree. I do think that the debate of these three is a fairly big topic, and having its own thread would prevent having debates spread out everywhere in those other three threads.

It just depends on what he mods say.

EDIT: Back on topic, I think that six Pokémon is the perfect number. It's the same amount of characters we had in Brawl, on the roster six slots won't look like overkill, and it is also the amount of Pokémon you can hold in your party in the games.

Last edited:

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
Still holding out hope for Pichu, but out of these three I'm gonna have to go with Jiggly. She's been in the series for so long now that it doesn't really seem likely that she'll be cut now. Not after all we've been through... :(.

Sakurai pls. Jiggly has to stay.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Jigglypuff is a 3 times Smash veteran and unlike every other Pokémon character except Pikachu she's the only one that isn't big, brutish and badass, so she adds something to the Pokémon roster that the others can't. She also has a very unique playstyle in that she's supposed to be the queen of the air, she's no doubt the most unique Pokémon character we could possibly get now that Pokémon Trainer no longer exists. If they didn't take her seriously they'd have cut her in Brawl, so I see no reason why she'd be cut at this stage, only Pokémon fans with a grudge against her believe it to be possible. To be honest it's very easy to draw parallels to Sheik when discussing Jigglypuff, both are fan-favorite Smash characters who could be replaced by other characters from their franchises due to not being very prominent in their own series anymore, but because of their Smash popularity they're always going to stick around.

Mewtwo has a big chance to make it in as the 6th representant which I do believe we'll get. If he doesn't make it in initially though he's a lock for DLC, so I believe he's going to be in eventually, if only for his popularity. Don't care about him myself though, his Smash moveset is horrible imo and I dislike his modern design.

Sceptile has by far the smallest chance of these if only for the fact that he's a newcomer candidate for a franchise which already has had a newcomer and already have enough candidates as is. The only thing he has going for him is a fan-created starter trio rule, otherwise he's not very prominent in advertisement for OR/AS despite getting a mega evolution (a mega evolution that does not lend itself to Smash at all mind you), and he's not even the most popular of the 3rd gen starters either. I love Sceptile, he's one of my favorite Pokémon, but he's not getting into Smash, I'd like him over Mewtwo but it's just not happening.

Last edited:

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Huh just thought of an idea to have a newcomer DLC, that has old players not added. It could have Jiggles and Mewtwo, and Sceptile could be in the normal game. Thoughts?

D

Deleted member

I still think both Puff and Mewtwo can make it in and coexist just fine. There is no reason we can't have both. Jigglypuff has been in every game to date, and from what I understand, is one of the easiest unique characters to make development-wise. Mewtwo has massive fan demand in his favor, and was planned to be in Brawl. I'll never forgive you Mr. the Hedgehog even if it wasn't your fault There is no rule stating that Pokemon can't have more characters than Mario, and using the character select screen to decide who gets in is dumb IMO. There's really no good reason to not have both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is my favorite, so I voted for him on the poll.

Want to be added: Mewtwo and Jigglypuff
Should be added: Mewtwo and Jigglypuff
Most likely to be added: Jigglypuff

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
All 3!

If I could only have 1 it'd be Sceptile (for the typing), but if the choice was two I'd actually prefer Mewtwo and Jigglypuff though (for the veteancy)... but I think all three is decently likely, and by far the best choice!

Last edited:

ShookedOnes

Smash Rookie
Jiggs' inclusion is almost a certainty due to its seniority, while Mewtwo probably has a 50/50 chance depending on how redundant Sakurai feels he'd be to the game when Lucario and Greninja are already included. I honestly think he'll make it in, simply because of how popular and well-known among even non-fans of Pokemon it is.

I hate to be negative, but Sceptile isn't at all likely. It's just a name people have been throwing out because of the Hoenn remakes whose existence might not have even been made known to the Smash devs and some elemental trio connection they're picturing in their heads that Sakurai probably hasn't thought about once during development. Comparing its probability favorably to the other two is fairly disingenuous, to say the least.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Umm...

"The final Pokemon character" - Who says there will only be one? Plus jigglypuff is a veteran, we have room for another newcomer in addition to getting her back.

"These three are the most likely Pokemon characters" - Again, says who? While Jigglypuff is just going to be in, no doubts about it, just as an unlockable, I personally don't think that Mewtwo or Sceptile are any more likely than Grovyle or Plusle and Minun. Actually, I find Mewtwo much less likely than both of them. If we're talking about want, I'll be happy with either Grovyle or Pra_Mai, delighted with both of them. I can dream, even though it won't happen lol.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Mewtwo, specially if it has the same voice it has in the 16th Pokémon movie, "Genesect and the Legend Awakened"

Jigglypuff is the only character of the original twelve that I don't really care about.

Sceptile? Best Hoenn starter, but I think it has no business in tje Super Smash Bros series.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Apparently Sakurai mentioned he chose Greninja based on what they could do with him out of the other 3 starters. His popularity is just coincidence or it was obvious.

Sceptile can be in that threshold if ORAS is something Sakurai has looked at.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
If I had to choose one, it would be Jigglypuff. However, I think it is fairly likely for both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo to come back.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If SSB4 only had room for one more Pokemon character then I would choose Jigglypuff.

Mewtwo was simply cut for time constraints, but that does not make Mewtwo unwanted.

I prefer Jigglypuff, because she brings an entirely different playstyle from the other Pokemon and represents the Normal (Now Fairy/Normal) types in the Pokemon Games.

In my opinion this is what all the Pokemon represent.

Pikachu - Series Mascot.

Charizard - Pokemon Starters.

Lucario - Pokemon Movies and/or the Pokemon Movies.

Greninja - Represents the 6th generation of Pokemon.

Mewtwo - The Legendary Pokemon that are found in the games.

Jigglypuff - Normal (now Fairy/Normal) types in Pokemon.

Sceptile - Represents the 3rd generation of Pokemon and would complete the Pokemon Starter Elements.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want Puff gone so badly. She's undeserving of a spot and always has been.
[collapse="Mango pulls off one of the greatest finishers of all-time at Pound 3"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="EVO 2013 Winner's Finals"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="EVO 2014 Loser's Finals"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="EVO 2014 Grand Finals"]
[/collapse]
GAMEPLAY!
GAMEPLAY!
GAMEPLAY!

Jigglypuff is AERIAL GOD! AERIAL GOD!

Jigglypuff the best aerial character in smash, and no one is close.

Jigglypuff is the purest glass cannon that can KO or be KO'd about equally as easily.

Jigglypuff is one of the most unique characters in Smash.

Along with the likes of Mario, Fox, Pikachu, Captain Falcon, Peach, Falco, Marth, Zero Suit Samus, and Snake, Jigglypuff is one of the 10 best designed characters in Smash EASILY in my opinion.

You all can talk your terrible Pokémon-media movies and anime, you're "muh reps", your "muh sales", and your "muh popularuties", I'll take GAMEPLAY!

And gameplay-wise, Jigglypuff is A CHAMPION!!!!

And you know what=???

THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!!!

Because if you aren't playing Smash, your opinion is irrelevant.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
In a perfect world:

-Sceptile and Mewtwo are added
-Pokemon Trainer is given a summoning moveset
-Jigglypuff is removed and her playstyle is given to King Boo

I wrote up a massive essay as to why Pokemon deserves more than six representing characters, and why Sceptile is a highly viable option, in the official character thread. I can post it here if anyone is interested in reading it.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Sceptile isn't nearly as popular as any of the pokemon that have shown up in Smash, the Ruby/Sapphire remakes probably won't boost his popularity TOO much either, Sceptile has been around for a decade now.

He has no chance. I'll bet money.

No one wanted him until after we saw Greninja and heard about the Ruby Remake. I highly doubt Sakurai would throw in a grass type pokemon to fill up a slot just to have all 3 starter typings covered. There are no elemental weaknesses in Smash, it doesn't matter.

But anyway, I want Mewtwo the most. :V

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
-Jigglypuff is removed and her playstyle is given to King Boo

(apparently King Boo knows rest, slap, doubleslap, and pound, and can REST PEOPLE OFF AN ARWING!!! He also doesn't have any legs)
I wrote up a massive essay as to why Pokemon deserves more than six representing characters
We play as PLAYABLE characters not "representing characters!!!"

After all we PLAY GAMES!!! We don't REPRESENT GAMES!!!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

(apparently King Boo knows rest, slap, doubleslap, and pound, and can REST PEOPLE OFF AN ARWING!!! He also doesn't have any legs)

We play as PLAYABLE characters not "representing characters!!!"

After all we PLAY GAMES!!! We don't REPRESENT GAMES!!!
A playable character represents the games from which they hail.
I will choose the words I choose because in this case, they are synonymous.
Calm yourself.

As for replacing Jigglypuff with Boo, it would be move translation absolutely; obviously you are a fanboy, but it could actually translate quite well. He does not need legs or to know the moves we call names, which is just another example of getting caught in the superfluous wording versus the actual merit of what it stands for.

Language exists as a purpose to communicate, to help one party understand each other; this is the exact reason colloquialisms made poignant by such tools as urban dictionary can either be useful or not useful; they either correctly communicate the point or not, if both parties understand. Harping on flaws, which in this case are actually correct, is exceptionally unnecessary.

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
I really don't understand where Sceptile comes in on all of this? Grass starters are the least popular starters of all and have never been pushed by GameFreak to be the "front runner" starter as Greninja, Blaziken, or Charizard. If there were ANY iclusion of a Gen III starter it would be Blaziken. The type trifecta idea is just... not how things work when it comes to Smash. It worked with PKMN Trainer cause that was his whole gimmick of having Pokemon and starter Pokemon were the most obvious choice to give him.

But I do think Mewtwo and Jiggs are in Sm4sh. Jiggs will probably get in if they limit the amount of Pokemon to 5.

Last edited:

U.N.Owen

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff is a shoe-in for sure, we're doomed with her presence.
Mewtwo definitly got a chance ,either as a unlockable or a DLC. He could not be playable too maybe. Seriously he's a mystery, he probably is the most popular pokemon ever but still got removed from Brawl.
Charizard solo appareance kind of make me think he could reappear. The (apparent) removal of the PokeTrainer but Charizard still being here (You can't just remove him, he's way too popular, maybe even more than Mewtwo) make me think that popularity is a BIG factor on character appareance in this particular Smash.

Sceptile? No. If we get a 3rd gen Pokemon, Blaziken is twice as popular. He got his Mega-Evolution early too, he's clearly Nintendo's favorite of the 3rd gen.
And come on, we already have Greninja as the ninja-like playable Pokemon.

So:
-Jigglypuff, infortunatly a shoe-in.
-Mewtwo, I won't be surprised either if is in or not, I'd say a shy yes thought.
-Sceptile lol no.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I seem to have missed the Sceptile discussion, from all those in here angry that he actually has a greater probability, and a lot more going to him than simply completing the holy type trinity.

I have already posted in length about just how prominent Pokemon is and why it is absurd to think it should not get high levels of representation, second to nothing but Mario, and only Mario when you consider the entire Mario universe. I will provide a quotation here afterwards if it is necessary (or a:link2:?)

I believe I will begin with Pokemon's character representation, and the general likelihood that, whether you are inclined to believe it or not, precedence dictates we are going to have at least one additional pokemon Newcomer.
By fact alone, we had two newcomers in SSB64, two more in SSBM, and then FOUR MORE in SSBB. I will not go as far as to say the representation going from 2, 4, 6, means we are likely to get 8, but the fact that we have never gotten just a single new Pokemon representative for this series would be strange after getting four in the previous game, with two being likely cuts. The fact that we have had two generations leads me to believe we will have at least two newcomers, and the size of this franchise as a whole (refer to my previous post, which I will hopefully :link2:) indicates it is worthy of a vast amount of representation, if for no other reason than to simply appease Game Freak and the Millions of fans it alone brings Smash.

Now, if you want to debate who that second newcomer would be, absolutely, that is the fun! I'm here to point out some of what Sceptile has going for him as the front runner of those other plausible options.

WHAT DOES SCEPTILE HAVE GOING FOR HIM?
Many people seem to keep coming to the conclusion that he only completes the grass-fire-water type trinity... and then also belittling the vast role said trinity plays in Pokemon and the Pokemon games.
* To quickly back track, As for this ...this type trinity is something that Sakurai has brought into play in the first place. It is impossible to assert that Pokemon Trainer was a one shot idea and fans are the only ones who think it is important.
**The heavily advertised mechanics of rock-paper-scissor have been used to introduce players to the mechanics of battling in pokemon since generation one, and in short represent the entire battle mechanics of the universe to which the games are from. This triangle, also used in marketing, always emphasizes three types and three starters. When a new generation is out, one of the ways Game Freak displays the new generation is by showcasing who the new starters will be; without fail it is one of the first things we learn. The types do not only represent the balance in fighting,but also the advertising of the franchise itself.

Well first of all, we talk with the Pokemon company. What’s the hot Pokemon? What Pokemon are in the movies right now? And really do a lot of research on that front.

For example, X and Y are coming out – of course, we haven’t done any market research because they’re not out yet, but we look at the animated series or movies and anything like that and again, find out which ones are going to be central to any of conversations in Pokemon going forward.
Sceptile is the Pokemon Ash has, FYI. He also has Charizard and Froakie (who will evolve into Greninja). Sceptile has been given a lot of character in the show, with hardships over learning moves, isolating, and attraction to other pokemon.

Grovyle, of the Sceptile evolution line, was also a prominently featured in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, one of the main spinoffs of Pokemon's handheld games which is not a part of the RPG.

But it’s not just that – going back to just what we talked about, what’s unique about them? Where do they fit in with the rest of everything else? What do they have? It’s a combination of those things.
We have recently seen Sakurai talk about the first character who can heal while hurting someone else, Robin, using the move Nosferatu, implying this is a technique someone else may use.
As a grass type Pokemon, and taking over a common trope in RPG's, Sceptile could easily take on the role of a healer, and heal himself while damaging others.

Given that he is a type of Dinosaur/Lizard, it would be evident that his moveset involve wall climbing, or otherwise unique ways of holding onto ledges. He could be the first character in Sm4sh to use grass based attacks, which are common in RPGs but have yet to make much appearance in Smash, or he could be a grappling character. He has plenty of signature moves, most iconically his leaf blades.
Honestly, for originality, he is lacking nothing, and is one of the easiest characters to have twelve different original movesets which he easily inspires, with an easy array of Seeds, Powders, Vines, Leafs, and Solar attacks which make him too variant to mess with.

In short, adding Sceptile does not simply add one Pokemon, it allows the entire franchise to be represented in a multitude of other ways- it allows each Pokemon to represent more than just itself, and how popular each given one may be, but allows the whole to stand for something.
Sakurai has expressed devout interest in trying to remain loyal to representing the feel of characters correctly, as well as the feel of a franchise- to do this with Pokemon, he cannot simply have a few monsters of the greater whole that just exist as a few selected of over 700 +.
Adding Sceptile in does not just complete the type trinity, it pays tribute to multiple generations, acknowledges the advertising of the franchise, it gives homage to other games in the series' besides the main RPG, and it rounds out the representation of the Pokemon contestants to actually stand for something other than individual slots in themselves.

Speculation:
As it stands right now, Greninja was chosen because he... looked cool and could potentially be popular? I find that highly suspect to any analysis someone in the crowd could put out. If Sakurai were not limiting himself to starting roster Pokemon, why would he have chosen Greninja? He has gone on record to state that he liked the Ninja aspect, and we already have many of those characteristics in Sheik- if he wanted just a plain cool looking pokemon that was popular with the fans, he had a plethora of other options he could have chosen from, unless he was going for something a bit deeper than just representing Greninja alone, and being nudged heavily to present him by Game Freak, of course. If Greninja can be added solely on the basis that he 'looks cool and might be popular,' this suggests already Sceptile has much more to offer. In fact, I would say Greninja may likely have been the one added to complete the type trio, and Sceptile just happens to be the one who is staying hidden.

Additionally, let us not kid ourselves to believe the Gen 3 remakes were not already nearly complete a long time ago. I'd personally be shocked if Nintendo representatives were not fighting to get information to Sakurai in hopes to sway him to add their characters into Smash bros (as we have seen, third parties do it, so why would Nintendo first parties not give him as much info as possible, it is the best advertising they could get). I get beside the point, though! If you want proof as to how clear it was the remakes have been planned for a long time, please ask and I will cite more information from the Sceptile thread.

I would argue Blaziken having his Mega Evolution last year just sets up for the fact that Sceptile and Marshy are now the posterboys of these remakes with there megas, and that Blaziken's mega further dictates how aware they were of these remakes long ago.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A playable character represents the games from which they hail.
No, they represent themselves.

You don't play as Pokémon Red version when you play as Charizard. After all, the cartridge doesn't have moves.
As for replacing Jigglypuff with Boo, it would be move translation absolutely;
When has Smash ever had replacements=???
And why would you change a nearly perfect character=???
obviously you are a fanboy
No, I'm a person that plays Smash games, which I doubt you do, seeing as how you have barely mentioned gameplay.

I also see through your linguistics bullcrap as a facade for your illogical and boring opinions that have no merits in gameplay, aka the first, second, third, and last thing you discuss when discussing Smash Bros. if you actually play the games.

Last edited:

Saint Johns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HyperSlash
Sceptile isn't nearly as popular as any of the pokemon that have shown up in Smash, the Ruby/Sapphire remakes probably won't boost his popularity TOO much either, Sceptile has been around for a decade now.

He has no chance. I'll bet money.

No one wanted him until after we saw Greninja and heard about the Ruby Remake. I highly doubt Sakurai would throw in a grass type pokemon to fill up a slot just to have all 3 starter typings covered. There are no elemental weaknesses in Smash, it doesn't matter.

But anyway, I want Mewtwo the most. :V
I've wanted Sceptile since pre-Brawl, but you're right, he has no chance in SSB4.:urg:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. If I had to choose one, it would be Jigglypuff no doubt.

Want: Jigglypuff and Mewtwo
Should: Jigglypuff and Mewtwo
Will Be: Jigglypuff, possibly Mewtwo

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
He could be the first character in Sm4sh to use grass based attacks
Villager pulls weeds and plants a frigging tree as attacks. Megaman used a shield made of leaves as an attack...

I still think Sceptile has a good shot, but this is just false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom