• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo floating issues

jonnysmithy

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo will not use his second jump after using his down air or back air. He will simply just float. This makes things difficult when trying to recover after using a spike.

It only happens when the jump button is used immediately after the aerial move is used, and it only occurs after a down air or back air.

jonnysmithy

Smash Rookie
scratch that. it happens after every aerial move. and it happens when the jump button is held when the move animation is still occurring.

Nevergreen

This Subreddit Sucks
NNID
Nevergreen
3DS FC
0817-3854-3643
This is intentional. Let go of the jump button before you go into float.

jonnysmithy

Smash Rookie
The problem isn't holding the jump button. It's pushing the jump button near the end of an aerial move. If you push the button while the animation of an aerial move it still occurring he will float. This may be intentional, but I find it frustrating when trying to double jump in order to recover, because I will push the jump button thinking he's going to double jump and instead he floats for a split second than falls. It just throws of my ledge guarding game.

jonnysmithy

Smash Rookie
This is intentional. Peach does the same thing. I guess I just need to get used to it.

Top Bottom