• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Analysis (1.1.3) By KillerJawz

Do you agree with this video?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nV3fksXwKk

What do you guys think? Agree? Disagree?
Definitely agree. I'm glad this video got some prime time exposure on Reddit.

I'm glad people are slowly, finally, warming up to Mewtwo.

Anyway, yes. I loved his points about Mewtwo having trouble with out-of-shield and ledge get-up. I also appreciate that KillerJawz went out of his way to downplay Mewtwo's light weight, because people at large have used that as an excuse to disregard Mewtwo for too long. "Use a real character," they say...

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.

Anyway, yes. I loved his points about Mewtwo having trouble with out-of-shield and ledge get-up. I also appreciate that KillerJawz went out of his way to downplay Mewtwo's light weight, because people at large have used that as an excuse to disregard Mewtwo for too long. "Use a real character," they say...
I know right? Lightweight is totally a good reason to rip on a character. Just look at jiggs in Melee, she is so light that.... Wait, that's not helping their arguements.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

Without the changes from the most recent patch people's opinion on mewtwo wouldn't have changed. I think this video was good and it has some good info in it. I don't think Mewtwo was good b4 the patch. Hopefully we'll continue to see some great mewtwo play in the future.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
My overall thought is that Mewtwo is not a braindead character. The tools are there, there just needs to be a knowledgeable player holding them. I just hope our metagame can catch up after the 7 month lull.

Were the clips shown in the video pre or post patch?

Without the changes from the most recent patch people's opinion on mewtwo wouldn't have changed. I think this video was good and it has some good info in it. I don't think Mewtwo was good b4 the patch. Hopefully we'll continue to see some great mewtwo play in the future.
It's kind of amazing how more activity this board has received since the new patch. I think the YT'er said it best in regards to what everyone was hoping would happen: "It's Mewtwo. That alone makes him viable."

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I know right? Lightweight is totally a good reason to rip on a character. Just look at jiggs in Melee, she is so light that.... Wait, that's not helping their arguements.
To be fair, Melee is the only game where Jigglypuff is NOT the lightest character. That'd be Pichu, and even he is better than often given credit for.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
To be super fair, Melee jiggs is regarded as a high tier character because she can literally end your stock in 3 moves.

Once she lost that she dropped to the near bottom in Brawl and S4.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Were the clips shown in the video pre or post patch?
Post-patch. I've watched the first two videos myself, in full.

Shockwave 62, on the TourneyLocator YT channel. Gibus and Mew². I don't know where to find the match vs. Pit, which is a shame, because I adore that player's air dodge antics. I'd love to watch them play more. 3 stocks leads me to believe it was an EU player, and KillerJawz is obviously from the UK, so yeah. He's also a much-loved TO in the UK, apparently.

Sonicninja115

Those videos are of his Mewtwo. Silentdoom posted a set of him vs. J. Miller. check out his YT. He is planning on uploading a lot more M2 stuff apparently. Also, he used to be a super mod.
Post-patch. I've watched the first two videos myself, in full.

Shockwave 62, on the TourneyLocator YT channel. Gibus and Mew². I don't know where to find the match vs. Pit, which is a shame, because I adore that player's air dodge antics. I'd love to watch them play more. 3 stocks leads me to believe it was an EU player, and KillerJawz is obviously from the UK, so yeah. He's also a much-loved TO in the UK, apparently.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
The matches at the start (vs Bowser) and at the end (vs Pit) were both from KillerJawz himself. He's been saving and recording various matches so he should have some more to show off in the near future. I've played against him a lot and he essentially serves as my mentor. He's an excellent player and fantastic analyst that I've learned a lot from and continue to learn from.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The matches at the start (vs Bowser) and at the end (vs Pit) were both from KillerJawz himself. He's been saving and recording various matches so he should have some more to show off in the near future. I've played against him a lot and he essentially serves as my mentor. He's an excellent player and fantastic analyst that I've learned a lot from and continue to learn from.
If Master YodaJawz ever wants to drop by Smashboards and talk shop, he's very welcome here! He's probably a busy guy, but we don't have many skilled players who hang around on the Mewtwo forum with much frequency. Personally, I'm thankful for any wisdom I can glean.

Sonicninja115

If Master YodaJawz ever wants to drop by Smashboards and talk shop, he's very welcome here! He's probably a busy guy, but we don't have many skilled players who hang around on the Mewtwo forum with much frequency. Personally, I'm thankful for any wisdom I can glean.
Except Blue, Mewsquared and RayNoire. Raykz and I just know a lot of stuff, though I think Raykz is pretty good.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Well, frequency was my caveat, not quality.

You figure, I try to be here every day. Obviously not everyone wants to -- or is able to be here that often. That's why I said I'm thankful for all I can glean. It's not that we don't have brilliant people here; quite the contrary! It's just that people with proven skill might post twice a week each, is all. So, the more, the merrier!

Well, except you! Mr. Sonicninja is here pretty much every day. I gotta thank you for that. I've learned a lot from your videos.

Last edited:
oh cool i got my old account back!

thanks for the kind words about the video mewtwos <3

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
oh cool i got my old account back!

thanks for the kind words about the video mewtwos <3
Welcome to our little corner of the internet! I hope you drop by from time to time! We try to be one big family; and speaking for myself, I really enjoy learning from people better than me.

And hey, thanks again. Your video has changed some people's minds about Mewtwo for the better.

Top Bottom