• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"meteor smash" and new MK trick ...please read/coment

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
I have herd a lot of talk about how if MK had a meteor smash he would be the best character in the game…well a lot of people have over looked a new game mechanic then …… The foot stool jump (not saying is a meteor smash ) …the foot stool jump is a good technique that should be learned by MK users. It is very easy to do as MK as he has 5 jumps so when people are trying to recover vertically on to the stage use/abuse it. …or…there is one other thing you can do …..Dair and FSJ at the same time ….the foot stool jump part bounces you back up high enough to get back on the stage with out worries and the Dair will kill em good. It may seem hard to do but all you got to do is his the A+X/Y button and down on the control stick. ………..that’s all for now … Oh and please post if you find a better use for the FSJ+dair "combo".

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
A very useful trick, makes Meta Knight even better at edgeguarding. Unfortunately, I always forget about footstool jumping. :ohwell:

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
I know exactly what you're talking about. I was playing vs. somebody who was Yoshi. (I can't remember who) They were falling off the edge and I jumped down to take the edge so they couldn't get it and missed so I tried to fly back up but footstool jumped and wham, instant kill. It's a really good technique.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
an interesting proposition
will definantly have to try it
edge-guarding meta ftw

Izzy Liquors

Smash Rookie
Can someone give some tips for FSJ'ing? I can't seem to get it right... I mean, I think I'm right over them, but nothing.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I have herd a lot of talk about how if MK had a meteor smash he would be the best character in the game…well a lot of people have over looked a new game mechanic then …… The foot stool jump (not saying is a meteor smash ) …the foot stool jump is a good technique that should be learned by MK users. It is very easy to do as MK as he has 5 jumps so when people are trying to recover vertically on to the stage use/abuse it. …or…there is one other thing you can do …..Dair and FSJ at the same time ….the foot stool jump part bounces you back up high enough to get back on the stage with out worries and the Dair will kill em good. It may seem hard to do but all you got to do is his the A+X/Y button and down on the control stick. ………..that’s all for now … Oh and please post if you find a better use for the FSJ+dair "combo".
replying to this late lol but that's useful information there. i've been doing this to people a lot lol. most of the time i do it and they hit off the edge and get spiked. it's really smart to do, IMO. most of the time i did this without even trying for the footstool jump :laugh: just happened on accident.

ShinobiSli

Smash Apprentice
I accidentally did it to a CPU Gannon. I laughed so much, I decided to save the replay. But if it works well, I'll have to use it more often. I always forget it exists...

Doval

Smash Lord
Footstool Jumping isn't completely reliable. If the foe is in the middle of a move (including his recovery,) the Foostool Jump won't cause him/her to tumble.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
most of meta's moves pop the enemy up and meta is slow in the air so its really hard to get there in time to do an effective footstool. if your opponant is on the outside of the stage and your closer to it than a Dair will send him very effectivly away from the stage

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I read a guide on a different forum that claimed that there is a small hitbox in metaknight's n-air that performs a meteor smash, right when he is upside down, but I have never been able to do it....

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
And if that fails you could always master his UpB... that is a way better kill move than people give him credit for.

Prax

Smash Journeyman
I read a guide on a different forum that claimed that there is a small hitbox in metaknight's n-air that performs a meteor smash, right when he is upside down, but I have never been able to do it....
I have never seen or heard of it so I would think it's not true.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Yea, usually I jump off the stage after my opponent and dair him, if hes under the stage and fly back, but sometimes I accidently footstool him, and its quite useful, Im trying to get better at it now

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
i know ...most people say the dair kills better but usually it ends up (for me anyway) sending them at and angle where they can recover

D

Deleted member

footstool jump out of dair is too good =)

i should know hahaha!

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
if you dsmash someone when they come from in front of or below you, it spikes them like link's d-tilt in SSBM.

Top Bottom