• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metalheads Unite! \m/ (><) \m/

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Any fans of metal here? And I mean REAL metal. Heavy Metal is clearly the greatest genre of music ever created so anyone who loves to rock feel free to post your favorite bands and talk about anything metal!

My favorite metal bands:

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Dio
Hammerfall
Black Sabbath
Ozzy Osbourne
Motorhead
Megadeth
Helloween
Scorpions
Bruce Dickinson
Kiss
Twisted Sister
Guns N' Roses
Saxon
Accept
Van Halen
Halford
Iced Earth
Dokken
Dragonforce
Metallica
Armored Saint
Dream Evil
Edguy

Metal! \m/

BZONG

Smash Cadet
Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
At The Gates
Children Of Bodom
Dark Tranquility
Devildriver
Hypocrisy
In Flames
Insomnium
Job For A Cowboy
Necrophagist
Scar Symmetry
Slayer
Soilwork
Wintersun

Yeah, these are all my favorites (I like melodic death metal most of all).

Psychoace

Smash Champion
children of Bodom
Chthonic
Behemoth
Celtic Frost
Lacuna Coil
Poisonblack
Meshuggah
Metallica
Bathory
Immortal
Finntroll
Phantasmagoria
Dimmu Borgir
Mastodon
Machine Head

Yeah..I could probably go on, but that's the gist of it. I'm more of a black/death metal kind of guy but Children of Bodom turned me to neo-classical/melodic/speed metal.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Megadeth
Slayer
Metallica
Motorhead
Anthrax
Death
Iced Earth
Pantera
Hellowween
Bathory
King Diamond
Mercyful Fate

I know I'm gonna get my *** kicked, but I never viewed allot of 70's bands that claim the title metal AS metal, such as KISS, Deep Purple, Van Halen, Alice cooper, Blue Oyster Cult, and (brace yourselves) Black Sabbath. Even some 80's bands like Guns N' Roses, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Ozzy Osbourne, and Dio.

Don't get me wrong, great artists in their own rights, but I always viewed them as Hard Rock bands that led up to the development of metal to when it became popular. They're Proto-Metal, much along the lines that The Stooges, MC5 and the velvet Underground/Lou Reed are Proto-Punk.

PS: Hair Metal sucks. Honestly, the only good bands from that entire genre were Motley Crue and Twisted Sister. Even then, they're more along the lines of Glam Metal anyway.

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
Cannibal Corpse
Morbid Angel
Embrace The End
Job For A Cowboy
Necrophagist
Between The Buried and Me
Glass Casket
Goatwhore
Behemoth
and many others

NG7

Smash Lord
MADE! OF! METAL! MADE! OF! METAL! MADE! OF! METAL

Weeeeee aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare...

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
WTF? Radiohead isn't metal =/.

Only metal bands I'm into are Mastodon, Dream Theater and Dragon Force.

inb4 "Dragon Force is terrible" ****storm.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I just got a new computer and was putting my CDs on iTunes. I put in "Tales From the Punchbowl" from Primus and when it got the info, it listed the genre as "Metal".

WTF? Primus metal? That's bad, but nowhere near as bad as calling Dragonforce metal >_<

Anyone listen to Behemoth? If so, how did you like their album The Apostasy?
That band's on my wishlist. Do you listen? Are they worth picking up?

NG7

Smash Lord
Behemoth are very cool, I used to sport a Behemoth sig around these forums lol. If you like Behemoth, check out Vader; the originals of the crazy Polish metalheads.

You guys have heard about the cooking show Iron Chef right? Check this out.

Metal Chef: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mB8rpjh-Vw :laugh:

Edit: Also when we have the numbers we have to invade the emo thread.

NG7

Smash Lord
Post your favourite Metal Cover Art! (While paying attention to forum rules.)

Make sure it's true metal.

NG7

Smash Lord
Personally I think Opeth has one of the best band logos around.

My favourite Opeth albums are Orchid, My Arms Your Hearse and Still Life. Didn't really dig anything after Blackwater Park, including Ghost Reveries. GR was pretty well recieved though, each to their own eh.

BZONG

Smash Cadet
Personally I think Opeth has one of the best band logos around.

My favourite Opeth albums are Orchid, My Arms Your Hearse and Still Life. Didn't really dig anything after Blackwater Park, including Ghost Reveries. GR was pretty well recieved though, each to their own eh.
QFT. I didn't like Still Life though for some reason. :[
Anyone dig melodic death metal?

NG7

Smash Lord
Well we look like we'll outlast the emo thread at least =P

Do you guys go to gigs?

This year my town has had a sudden influx of people coming here, including Vader, Slayer, Suffocation, Dark Tranquility. No-one ever comes here! It's amazing.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Post your favourite Metal Cover Art! (While paying attention to forum rules.)

Make sure it's true metal.
\m/\m/ Good art.

I saw behemoth in concert, and met them I asked negral what he thought of texas heat and he said "itsh fooking hawt I nearly pass out two times" He was awesome. Also if you guys like folk/black metal check out chthonic I saw them in concert also, their first american one. Their a Taiwanese metal band.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
WTF at no The Haunted and no Norther?!

This thread definately needs more Machine Head and Soilwork. I personally need more Wintersun, BZONG recommend me some.
Opeth are quite possibly one of the best bands around I find as opposed to just their logo. Although I find Ghost Reveries and particuarly Blackwater Park to be awesome.
Sonata Arctica piss all over Dragonforce. Why is the british metal scene so bad? The only at least half decent bands I can think of that are still around are Iron Maiden and Paradise Lost. Admittedly Iron Maiden are alot better then the majority of stuff around.
Tool are more Rock than Metal.

What in God's name are Guns 'N' Roses doing in this thread? If you are going to do a metal thread at least do it right.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Behemoth is aight
Rotten sound
Birdflesh
Cryptopsy
Marduk
Misery signals-only metalcore i like
Misery Index

Into grindcore right now actually

NG7

Smash Lord
If you want Wintersun you can try Ensiferum as well; pretty much the same thing.

I like the self-titled album better than "Iron".

Psychoace

Smash Champion
WTF at no The Haunted and no Norther?!

This thread definately needs more Machine Head and Soilwork. I personally need more Wintersun, BZONG recommend me some.
Opeth are quite possibly one of the best bands around I find as opposed to just their logo. Although I find Ghost Reveries and particuarly Blackwater Park to be awesome.
Sonata Arctica piss all over Dragonforce. Why is the british metal scene so bad? The only at least half decent bands I can think of that are still around are Iron Maiden and Paradise Lost. Admittedly Iron Maiden are alot better then the majority of stuff around.
Tool are more Rock than Metal.

What in God's name are Guns 'N' Roses doing in this thread? If you are going to do a metal thread at least do it right.
Norther! alright. Along with Machine Head. Kalmah is coining a new genre as swamp metal, but it's essentially melodic metal though still very good.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Sweet. I'm bored as hell and glad I came across this. Kudos to Eturnus Frost for listening to Emperor and Frost Like Ashes, two of my favorite bands. I was just thinking how great it would be for someone to record a Ganon combo video with FLA's Adorer's of Blood as the bgm.

Listen to it if you haven't already at

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=4382434

Yeah, just copy and paste that.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
While Metal isn't the only genre I listen to (and I really could care less if this makes me any less "true") it is the genre I listen to the most and I do attend gigs. I also play the drums in a Thrash Metal band and a Folk Metal band and have played and performed in a Black Metal band. (even though I'm not into the Black Metal scene that much anymore because of the elitist attitude some have)

My favorite genre is Death Metal.

DEATH METAL: Kataklysm (had a meet & greet with their Vocalist, Maurizio), Deicide, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Obituary (especially older material like Slowly We Rot and Cause of Death), Aborted, Suhrim, Aeons of Old, Serial Butcher, Pulverize (know the Guitarist personally), Unleash The Fury, Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Hypocrisy, Entombed, Unleashed, Dismember, At The Gates, Malevolent Creation, Vader (had a very brief talk with their Vocalist as well), Morbid Angel, Nocturnus, Possessed, Cryptopsy, Dying Fetus, Bloodbath, Suffocation, Nile, Incantation, Impious, The Decimation Protocol, Six Feet Under, Rudra, Vital Remains, Reign of Decay, Brujeria, Asesino, Bolt Thrower, Gorefest...

THRASH METAL: Kreator, Slayer, Witchery, Destruction, Coroner, Dark Angel, Death Angel, Venom, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, Testament, Overkill, Municipal Waste, Decadence, Voivod, Throne of Blood, Hirax, Hyades, Annihilator, Holy Moses, Sodom, Tankard, Onslaught...

HEAVY METAL: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Saxon (watched them 4 times live by now, lol), Dio, Accept, Black Sabbath, After All, Armored Saint, Grim Reaper, Diamond Head, Ignitor...

POWER METAL: Iced Earth, Primal Fear, Blind Guardian, Demons & Wizards, Dragonforce (nope, don't care), Thunderstone, Sonata Arctica, Freedom Call, Luca Turilli, Rhapsody of Fire, Avantasia, Hibria, Axenstar, Nevermore, Dream Evil, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Grave Digger, Iron Savior, Jag Panzer, Xystus, Powerwolf, Hammerfall, Stratovarius... And I guess Children of Bodom, Kalmah, Norther and Wintersun would belong here to... In my opinion they're what you get when you take Power Metal and add Blastbeats and Death Vocals.

Other METAL: In Flames, Sentenced, Crematory, Rotting Christ, Marduk, Satyricon, Dark Funeral, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth (still don't care), Type O Negative, Candlemass, Cathedral, Dream Theater, Machine Head, Fear Factory, Pantera, The Kovenant, Violent Work of Art, Devildriver, Arch Enemy, Sonic Syndicate, Soilwork, Epica, Lake of Tears, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Equilibrium, Scar Symmtery, Kyuss, Orange Goblin, Ensiferum, Sybreed, Red Harvest, The Berzerker...

My favorite bands by far would be: Death, Deicide, Kataklysm, Metallica, In Flames, Iced Earth, Obituary's older material, Crematory and Epica.

My favorite albums by far would be:
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Slowly We Rot - Obituary
The Stench of Redemption - Deicide
Organasm - Alchemist
Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
Serenity in Fire - Kataklysm
Symbolic - Death
Something Wicked This Way Comes - Iced Earth
The Arrival - Hypocrisy
Darkness Descends - Dark Angel

I however also listen to various other music genres... Alternative Rock, Punk, 70's Hard Rock, some New Wave and to a lesser extent: Drum'n'Bass, Hardtrance, Psytrance, Techno, Folk, Funk, Jazz, Blues, Flamenco and Classical.
I have a wide taste of music and can generally stand anything that is not R&B, Country, Schlaeger or Emo Pop.

But Yeah, Metal is very high up there for me.

Top Bottom