• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight glitch already!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Found by masterlinkx (Mastrlinkx on the boards). He was gonna write this up but he had to go so i guess i will. Anyways all credit's to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06LdhNF_gnA

Around 1:15-1:16 in the video above peach grabs link then metaknight does some kind of attack making link go from 49% to 999% and killing him fast. I knew metaknight was going to be top tier XP

Magic

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that glitch a couple times at E4All, except it was Pikachu who seemed to do it.

Let's hope they find that glitch and get rid of it..

RedKnight

Smash Ace
If that was an actual move and not a glitch...this would be solid proof that

1.Meta Knight is God Tier

2.There needs to be a God Tier

MetaKnightRules5

Smash Cadet
Thats one sweet glitch. its helpful ... for me. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA meta knight rules and all of you must bow down to his greatness

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully someone pointed it out to Nintendo staff. Maybe someone should email them.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Hmm... a close range glitch attack...

Sounds like Chuck Norrisian to me. Good thing its a demo.

Meta Knight WILL NOT BE GOD TIER! THE OTHERS REFUSE THIS! IT IS MADNESS!

But madness? This is not madness...

THIS...IS...DIDDYLAND!!!

TheKruskinator

Smash Apprentice
To me it looks like more of an interface error.

Notice how it's a while before Link dies after going to 999. He even gets hit once or twice and doesn't get completely obliterated from them until Metaknight dashes in and hits him.

Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
aside from the pure WIN it's made of, I was more interested in the uberness the Mk user had, glitch or not he definently helps prove and disprove a point or two in my "MK, speed vs power" topic. his combos are absolutely beastly and he looks a challenge to master

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
This happened to my opponent (Fox) in a 1 vs 1 match when I did a F-tilt on him. It also happened to other people - with other characters - at E for All, and even before that at the Nintendo Summit. I'm quite sure Nintendo knows of this and is fixing it if not already have fixed it.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
This happened to my opponent (Fox) in a 1 vs 1 match when I did a F-tilt on him. It also happened to other people - with other characters - at E for All, and even before that at the Nintendo Summit. I'm quite sure Nintendo knows of this and is fixing it if not already have fixed it.
Well that's good.

Did the glitch occur only during Ftilts or just randomly or what?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It seemed like there was simply a programming glitch with damage calculation. I don't think it's a specific attack, because it looked like any given attack could cause it when I saw it happen with others playing.

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
Meta Knight for god tier =).

Imagine this glitch being in homerun contest. One player grabs sandbag and then Meta Knight does an F-tilt, instant 999% lol

It's a shame this glitch won't be in the final version.

metaknightp0wns

Smash Apprentice
honestly it is just a glitch, lets hope it will be fixed..... hold hands now..... thats it....lol, but seriosy
i dont want that to happen to me or my opponet because it will be (a) unfair and (b) stupid

METROID MAN

Smash Journeyman
To me it looks like more of an interface error.

Notice how it's a while before Link dies after going to 999. He even gets hit once or twice and doesn't get completely obliterated from them until Metaknight dashes in and hits him.

Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.
ya, it looks like he didnt act like he had 999, but just the numbers were wrong

Catskill_Crew

Smash Cadet
aside from the pure WIN it's made of, I was more interested in the uberness the Mk user had, glitch or not he definently helps prove and disprove a point or two in my "MK, speed vs power" topic. his combos are absolutely beastly and he looks a challenge to master
I'm honestly curious, did you actually watch the MK?

All he did was spam the over B, and die.

He came in dead last in that match.

Akiak

Smash Ace
A GLITCH IN THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!:urg:
I feel like i'm gonna faint....
This will lead to constant winning, no challenges, and fights that are so da*m easy you stop playing.
It HAS to get out in the real game or.....:burst:*faints*

heartless Raven

Smash Rookie
If you look closely at the fight when this occurred, Mk actually dodges just as link does a forward tilt sending peach flying, He never touched him. Indeed it was a glitch, but I seriously doubt it was caused by a dodging character.:ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom