• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Footstool Into Dair - Potential Minor Technique?

Akzomp

Smash Cadet
NNID
AKG_Akzomp
So, I was playing For Glory in Smash Wii U with Meta Knight against a random player, and when I got him off stage, I accidentally landed a footstool, then immediately hit him with a down-air, which gimped him.

YES, the Dair gave him his Up-B back, so he COULD have recovered successfully, but he didn't react quick enough, and ended up losing the match.

Does anyone think that this could be a potential gimp combo/combo starter (maybe on-stage or even with the opponent on the ground)?

Last edited:

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
In a local environment I've saved everyone I've ever done this to, most people will be able to react appropriately after being hit out of it.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
In a local environment I've saved everyone I've ever done this to, most people will be able to react appropriately after being hit out of it.
True, but for characters with bad recoveries, this is a pretty powerful gimp at mid-high percents. But like I said, other characters can do this as well.

Top Bottom