• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Spike

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I played a little bit of the Japanese version today. I hit Mega Man with Fair near the ledge and canceled it by landing on the ground, so I only hit with the first two hits of it, and the 2nd hit spiked Mega Man to his death.

Just figured I'd share.

:059:

Last edited:

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
#TopTierConfirmed

In all seriousness tho, I love this, and that video was great

Falchy

Smash Rookie
Have a look at this video.

Metaknight's fair does spike with the second hit.
thanks for posting this, it actually helps me understand what he meant exactly by the second hit spiking
but wow, it looks like its gonna be really hard to cancel and is gonna have some hard lag when you land. i dont think ill be using the spike very much, but i do like the down tilt loop part of the video (looks really viable) but very cool, thanks for sharing m8

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Not sure if any of the videos posted here talk about it, but apparently F-air Autocancels, meaning you can end the animation during the spike hitbox, and then buffer a Dtilt, so if the opponent didn't tech you get a Lock.

McX

Smash Cadet
Not sure if any of the videos posted here talk about it, but apparently F-air Autocancels, meaning you can end the animation during the spike hitbox, and then buffer a Dtilt, so if the opponent didn't tech you get a Lock.
Even if this is true, it's not necessary. The landing lag of the move is small enough for you to get it in without buffering the move.

Top Bottom