• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta-Knight, speed vs power

tmock90

Smash Rookie
But he does have a spike-ish move one way or the other correct? So no, that doesn't make him a beast, but it does help make up for his lack of power maybe?

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Meta's attacks come out fast, but that doesn't make him a fast character. From what I saw, the speed of characters were all fairly similar with the exception of Sonic's amazing dash. Meta Knight's air speed is pretty bad.

And don't think that his Smashes are any good. They're all very weak. Meta himself is "light" but the mechanics of the game (and the unfamiliarity of characters for everyone) made it so I didn't die very easily. I felt like I could survive forever compared to Kirby. ;)

directed to the above poster

iron blade

Smash Ace
mk can kill, he just needs to rack up damage first. i don't think this will be much of a problem seeing as he gives lots of damage quickly. i think the amount of damage he needs opponents to have in order to kill them and the speed that he gives damage will even each other out.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
O.K guys leave at this. MK's awesome no matter which way we look at it BUT, his knock back other than his smashes and up b suck, and his over-all maneuverability is another aspect that he lacks in. Once people find a way around his sword, he's screwed. It's hard to find, but not impossible, so i believe that when the game is picked up by everyone and they realize all the attacks and develop counters depending on their main, MK will be just another high tier character.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
O.K guys leave at this. MK's awesome no matter which way we look at it BUT, his knock back other than his smashes and up b suck, and his over-all maneuverability is another aspect that he lacks in. Once people find a way around his sword, he's screwed. It's hard to find, but not impossible, so i believe that when the game is picked up by everyone and they realize all the attacks and develop counters depending on their main, MK will be just another high tier character.
Do you feel safe assuming he's high-tier? We can't leave at this until Feb 12, when we've got the game in America, poor Europe, and we can see whats what.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Do you feel safe assuming he's high-tier? We can't leave at this until Feb 12, when we've got the game in America, poor Europe, and we can see whats what.
I would say that it will take longer than the release date. All sorts of new ways to play and use a character will be found out in time that could change everything.

middie23

Smash Cadet
MK will have no problem damaging people it's just that he'll have to do it a lot to actually get them off the stage due to his weak K.O. moves

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
Ok so many agree that Meta is quite not a top and maybe even not High tier material. But seriously, who cares? He IS Meta Knight. I love this character since i saw him in" Revenge of Meta Knight" on my SNES. I was overjoyed when i was able to play as him in "Nightmare in Dreamland" and i am thrilled to play as him in Brawl. He will be my 2nd main and surely i will have a lot of playing time with him. Its just like Gimpy said in his videos. Sure every character has weakness and every character can be played good if you accept them and try to find a way around them. I shal develop my MK gameplay so i can truly be good with him.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight does well against anyone who doesn't have a sword and overall better range, which many, many characters doesn't have. The only counter to Meta atm when I was playing was Ike and possibly Marth.

Top Bottom