• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight is going to be bloody hard to kill.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
Look at his special moves. Nearly all of them could be used for recovery.

His standard special move, Mach Tornado, makes him rise off the ground (look at the description).

His side special move, Drill Rush, can be angled (it says slightly, but look at how much he's angled upwards in the screenshot where he hits Ike).

After his up special move, Shuttle Loop, he can glide.

And Dimensional Cape (his down special move) can teleport...we don't know whether that's just to either side on the ground, either.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
And Dimensional Cape (his down special move) can teleport...we don't know whether that's just to either side on the ground, either.
You can teleport in any direction. If you're on the ground and teleport (capeport) down, you'll vanish and then reappear. You can teleport down through platforms, too. So, you're not limited to just left/right with it.

Edit:
Oh, and I should mention that I died from Peach's b-air on Smashville at low percent. It was about 90% and I didn't expect it to KO but it did. Peach is broken. Lol. Or maybe it's just because nealdt is awesome.

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
Does this mean that MK's CapeDashing is in? Assuming that he can go in any direction with his Cape-aport in the air, that is.

EDIT: Cape-dashing was a reference to Wave-dashing... because it was said that Demi-Cape can be used like an air dodge... and...

Nevermind.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Does this mean that MK's CapeDashing is in? Assuming that he can go in any direction with his Cape-aport in the air, that is.
Cape Dashing, I assume, would be quick movement back and forth using Down Special. I guess technically it is "in", but I doubt it would be very useful seeing as the Dimensional Cape has lag. It would be like "Teleport Dashing" with Mewtwo's Air Dodge, but with more lag at the end of each teleport.

5 jumps, >B, shuttle loop to auto glide, all of those provide more recovery than three seconds
Pit has 5 jumps and Gliding to go along with his Up Special, which last longer than Meta Knight's. Plus he appears to be heavier than Meta Knight (this is speculation, you'd have to ask a Pit player for opinion).

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Meta Knight will be hard to kill unless you get a clean KO on him.

Chances are, if he can use a move/fly after you knock him off, he's getting back on.

Hey T!mmy, we should try to have a MetaKnight challange online for the new blood here.

Since I know my Mains will be:

Pit (1st priority)
MetaKnight(2nd Priority)
Fox(3rd Priority)
Mario(4th Priority)
Marth(When confirmed)

T think it'll be fun. I got dibs on Dark MetaKnight alt color though.:p

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
^Ugh im glad he got banned.

Eternal, I'll take you on with MK, but i dont think it would be a good match since i didnt use him much (too many other MKs running around)

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
it seems that mete knight has many advantages, but i think he's as light as kirby. his combos kick ***, so i'm looking forward to play as him, even though kirby is my main still.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Overall Metaknights voice rocks! He seems powerful when played right (referencing video), he is my main until further notice...Metaknight has very good combos, that is what I require as being a former Falco player...

ShoTTa

Smash Cadet
Look at his special moves. Nearly all of them could be used for recovery.

His standard special move, Mach Tornado, makes him rise off the ground (look at the description).

His side special move, Drill Rush, can be angled (it says slightly, but look at how much he's angled upwards in the screenshot where he hits Ike).

After his up special move, Shuttle Loop, he can glide.

That is THE same exact thought I had about him. But hopefully he will be like Kirby whereas he will fly far enough with a good hit at about 75% damage.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
My experience playing with him is that he is extremely hard to edge guard. Whenever someone would try to edge guard me I would just use drill rush to get past and back on the stage. I never experimented with the other ones though, there was no need, drill rush did the trick every time.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
He is light, but he has a ridiculous recovery. If you kill MK horizontally, then it is most likely that he is going to be coming back onto the stage, lol. He is floaty though, so it would probably be best to kill him vertically. At E-4-All, I found it incredibly easy to kill MK vertically with Pit, so he isn't that hard to kill. Whenever I Baired him horizontally with Pit (One of his kill moves) MK would always come fluttering back.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I didn't get to play against many Pit opponents; people mostly used Fox, Meta Knight, Sonic, and Mario. I was wondering what differences lie between the two characters, such as weight, KO power, and speed. I know that Pit's recovery is about as ridiculous as Meta Knights though.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
It was really hard to tell who which characters weighed more than others, i thought...

with the exception of bowser (who was SUPER heavy) i couldn't really get a fix on any of the characters weights... i did think that MK was lighter than pit though...

Bosh

Smash Cadet
my friend and i have decided to have a showdown me as mk him as pit which should be good he thinks hes got mk figured out but until i actually play against him with mk we shall see who has the last laugh.

bluffmaster

Smash Cadet
Next to my mailbox waiting for my pre-ordered Braw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsvIkex05yQ
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
my fav mk vid. shows him and sonic in sudden death, mk wins! :) also, at the end you can hear mk talk in his sexy non-spanishvoice.
lol WTH??!?!? enyways i think gliding would give mk a VERY good advantage especially since he can use his b up move to gain height then glide to gain horizontal distance :)

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he's gonna be that difficult to kill.

Consider: Kirby isn't that difficult to kill. He has his multiple jumps and Up+B, sure, but he doesn't move that quickly through the air, and he's a light character anyway so he tends to go flying. MetaKnight has better recovery potential, but he still doesn't move fast through the air and his weight is similar to Kirby's. Maybe he'll be a bit tougher to kill as compared to Kirby, but overall he won't be that difficult. I'm sure he'll be easier than Samus, as I'm sure Samus will still have the best weight-to-recovery ratio in the game.

And it makes for a good balance as well.

Low power.
Light weight.
Decent movement speed.
Good recovery.
Godly attack speed.

UltimateLink

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight is going to be kinda like a samus. Light weight with high, spacey jumps.
He seems like someone who just hits very fast but when he is hit, he goes further than
most characters. I'll say he is more than an average character. He's not overrated or
anything like that. In conclusion, he is a lightweight, fast hitting character. That is just
my opinion though. Oh and also a combo material character.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
He should go flying off the screen soon enough. Just need to hit him at the right time. And it looks like his recovery will give you enough time to prepare if he does come back.

Top Bottom