• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight EVIL???????

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
in the subspace emissary mode, its mk's ship that lets loose all those enemy guys. so does that mean mk's evil? or at least, they portayed him that way? cuz i always believed meta knight to be the mysterious good-or-bad character, similar to shadow from sonic series.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

3D King

Smash Journeyman
in the subspace emissary mode, its mk's ship that lets loose all those enemy guys. so does that mean mk's evil? or at least, they portayed him that way? cuz i always believed meta knight to be the mysterious good-or-bad character, similar to shadow from sonic series.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Meta Knight is not evil in his games, but as for Subspace noone is sure. Some say he's evil, some say he's a double agent, some say his ship was just hijacked, some say he's being duped, or maybe everyone else is being duped.

Btw Shadow was evil, Meta Knight never was.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Meta is not a villain. Sakurai has always called MK Kirby's rival or mentor. He only ever fights Kirby to prevent him from doing something stupid or to strengthen him by testing his skills. Why would his creator make him a bad guy in this game? Like 3D king said, he's prolly a double agent or his ship was stolen or something, but he's not a evil force for sure!!

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
My friends and I call that the Lamb of Doom, but that's irrelevant to the topic. LOL ;) I think this picture makes it pretty clear MK's fighting for justice, in his own mysterious way.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Meta is not a villain. Sakurai has always called MK Kirby's rival or mentor. He only ever fights Kirby to prevent him from doing something stupid or to strengthen him by testing his skills. Why would his creator make him a bad guy in this game? Like 3D king said, he's prolly a double agent or his ship was stolen or something, but he's not a evil force for sure!!
That's not entirely true. In Revenge of Meta Knight (one of the games in Kirby Super Star), Metaknight's objective was to bring order and discipline to Dream Land through force, being sick of the lazy and slothful lifestyle its citizens had adopted. Kirby tried to stop him to defend everyone's freedom, and Meta Knight fought against him to further his own interests. He's honorable, but that doesn't mean he's all sunshine and rainbows.

My guess is that he's currently willingly serving under the bad guys with intentions similar to those in Super Star, but when he sees the full scope of their plans, he'll turn on them and join the good guys.

Uh oh. GANNON-BANNED!

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
i never said he was evil.

his ship sending out little killing machines that set up a giant bomb that would wipe out everything just looked a little suspicious to me is all.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
It is a confusing subject when you're talking about evil and good. Lol it kinda makes sense to me cuz I looked into Shadow the Hedgehog's profile so much. Seriously, Metaknight and Shadow would be the perfect 'evil, but not evil' team. Not that I want any more Sonic characters in Brawl. Anyways, that picture is debatable. He could've been trying to get through them when the controling thing glitched up the things and he was trying to get out of that place. :p

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
i dont think anyone could've jacked meta knights ship. he would whoop whoever's butt that tried too. but then again. if anyones seen the whole video of peteypirahnna, wario jumps out of nowhere and turns zelda into a trophy. maybe he stole mk's ship!!!!!!!!!!!

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
He's honorable, but that doesn't mean he's all sunshine and rainbows.
I couldn't imagine him as such!! :laugh: A "sunshine and rainbows" Meta Knight is like a emo or goth Princess Peach. Quite incongruous.
I agree about Super Star, that's the only game in which Meta Knight seems to have "evil" motives. I think its the mystery about his true alliances that makes him such a deep and appealing character. To me at least. I must admit, though I consider MK a good guy, he really is neutral. That being said, he was a pretty awesome bad guy in Super Star. Good theory, by the way, about his eventual turning on the Subspace Army. That could very well, be the case, once he sees the truth about their dishonorable ways, he could attack. We don;t know, but I feel that by the end he will be on the heroes side.
EDIT: Mr. Sunny Patch, very good analogy btw.

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
I thought MK was kinda kinda like how Protoman was to Megaman. Thhey are rivals, but not really enemies. I once read that the only reason MK worked for DDD was so he could eventally stop his plans. So he does bad things but for a good reason.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
I thought MK was kinda kinda like how Protoman was to Megaman. Thhey are rivals, but not really enemies. I once read that the only reason MK worked for DDD was so he could eventally stop his plans. So he does bad things but for a good reason.
thats in the anime

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
In the games, metaknight doesn't work for Dedede at all, he just likes to challenge and improve kirby.

Generally, metaknight does things HE thinks are right. thats why I find it hard to believe that he would willingly help the Minister, who is breaking the rules of their world.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
In the games, metaknight doesn't work for Dedede at all, he just likes to challenge and improve kirby.

Generally, metaknight does things HE thinks are right. thats why I find it hard to believe that he would willingly help the Minister, who is breaking the rules of their world.
mario broke the rules by bringing kirby back so the minister is the hero since hes bringing order back to there world
lol just sayin o-O
and in the anime meta knight works for DDD

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
mario broke the rules by bringing kirby back so the minister is the hero since hes bringing order back to there world
lol just sayin o-O
and in the anime meta knight works for DDD
I know metaknight works for Dedede in the lame anime, which is why i said "in the games".

And mario bringing kirby back to life probably was'nt against the rules, or else you wouldave seen the same reaction from everyone as you did when the minister pops up.

And for some reason, i dont think that using some kindof pan-dimensional bomb to tear apart all living and non-living matter within a 10 mile radius of the stadium and jettisoning it into subspace, where, for all we know, there's not even oxygen, counts as bringing back order...

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
It said, the world will pay a terrible price when someone broke the rules. and conveniently there was a picture of the Halberd.

However when referring to the rules of the world, it showed Mario and Kirby shaking hands. as in that them fighting while being friends is the rule of the world.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
It said, the world will pay a terrible price when someone broke the rules. and conveniently there was a picture of the Halberd.

However when referring to the rules of the world, it showed Mario and Kirby shaking hands. as in that them fighting while being friends is the rule of the world.
but he lost so hes supposed to stay as a trophy and he didnt
so he broke the rules

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
Mario is the rebel. He leads the resistance against a greater evil. I wonder what their world is called, since it is collectively made up of all their universes?

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Youko said:
We're controlling Mario. Does that make us the bad guys? No, we fight to rise over the tyrannical establishment of the Minister and the Hands.

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Youkoooo Punch!
Bolded the awesomeness for emphasis :laugh:

Desruprot

Smash Lord
That is true, and Metaknight being the way he is would resist that, even though when he has the Halberd he tends to be a boss, afterall he would not willingly give-away the halberd to the ancient minister

Mario Girl

Smash Cadet
Forgot to post this. Why would he be beating up Subspace creatures in the screenshot on this page if he was on their side?
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea02.html
IMO, this all but confirms that Meta is not, I repeat NOT a villain, in Brawl or any other game.
Yup, Mety wasn't evil in Revenge of Meta Knight, he just wanted to get those lazy dreamlanders into shape! Hence him saying "lazy lifestyle" He just wanted to help! Kirby was the evil one trying to keep the lazy that way! XD
I say the Evil Minister hijacked his Halberd. =( Poor Mety.

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
Yup. And then they plot to use bombs in order to blow up public places... like stadiums, for example.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't think Dark Meta Knight would have been the reflection of Meta Knight if Meta Knight was already "evil"...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
But, wasn't mirror kirby a good guy?
He certainly seemed like a good guy (though he didn't do much). You could take damage from him, but he'd leave behind items and seemed against the "bad" guys.

I think Kirby has so little evil in him that when "Dark Kirby" was created, he was rather passive and incompetent instead of aggressive and evil. Ha ha.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
but if kirby is full of goodness, wouldn't the opposite be for mirror kirby? and Dark Metaknight still wanted to kill you, despite being the opposite, unless the reason for his killing is the opposite or, GAAHHH! this is confusing!
TIME PARADOX!!!!

Tom-Sawyer

Smash Cadet
Apparently, Metaknight only fights when conditions are perfect for both. In other words, he's a noble villain.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
hes more evil than good, like in revenge of meta knight, hes the main villain, but otherwise hes sorta neutral and kind of fends for himself. so i guess im saying hes neither god or evil, but if you had to choose, you would choose evil

Puffs

Smash Ace
You think Meta Knight can be figured out that easily? Pfft, you'd be dead by now, at that rate.

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
T!mmy is essentially right here...

The mirror essentially takes what evil lies within you and amplifies it into a tangible mass, molding it into an evil double. Metaknight, while not evil by any stretch of imagination, certainly has much pain in his past and has internalized a lot of angst and sorrow. This abundence of dark energy within him was utilized to create a very much evil version of himself. Kirby, on the other hand, is famous for his level of innocence and inherent goodness, much like Mario. Like T!mmy said, there simply isn't enough negativity in Kirby to generate a sufficiently dark version of himself, and thus his reflection comes out more odd than evil.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
I always thought of MK to be an evil character even though he was honorable. When playing Kirby Superstar for the SNES one of the games was based on defeating MK on the Halberd. It wasn't until I saw the TV show that I saw MK to be a "good guy" so to speak who was a rival of kirby.

Top Bottom