• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Disscussion

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
is it just me or does he seem over powered?
I would like to say it's just you, but a lot of people seem to think that.

He's not really like Kirby on steroids... more like Kirby with different special attacks.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
again, this is raving fanboy extremism. yes MK owns kirby in the games, usually, but this is an even playing ground. It's just you and a small minority who believe that MK will rule WiFi, tourneys, and everything under the sun, was it like this with Marth? I dont think so, but isn't Marth one of the most used people? yes

gain some status before desacrating MetaKnight. Not sure if that matters but smash noobs always post this junk

AfroThunder396

Smash Cadet
This topic fails and is now about Meta Knight's Final Smash.
His final smash will probably be his main form of racking up KO's. His ability to glide will give him an advantage when it comes to tracking down the smash ball. His standard attacks, Drill Rush, and Mach Tornado are all good multi hit attacks that will be able to bust it open.

A well timed Shuttle Loop is probably the only other way of Meta Knight KO'ing someone under 150%

iron blade

Smash Ace
his smash attacks resemble link's, but link's are slower and more powerful. their special moves are completely different

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
I think Meta Knight's controls or fighting style will be the same as Link's.
Unfortunately.... no. Link has a whole inventory of bombs, boomerangs, and bows. MetaKnight doesn't have those. Link can't glide. Link is probably just a little slower. Link can probably take more hits. Metaknight doesn't have a ranged grab. Link doesn't have near the same specials. Link's smashes are slower.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
All we know about him is that he's a master swordsman who pops up every now and then to test Kirby's abilities.

And no, Metaknight is not overpowered. Not even close, actually.

Metaknight's only truly glaring strength is his insanely fast attack speed. Another strength is his recovery. But that's basically where it ends.

His movement speed is not that fast (he's slow in the air, but a bit faster on the ground).
He's light.
He's very weak.
He has no ranged attacks whatsoever, and his attacks have a very short reach (which leaves him vulnerable to shieldgrabbing, unlike Marth).
He has no genuine kill moves except his Final Smash (which we now know can be turned off, and his FS doesn't always work anyway) and Shuttle Loop.
His attacks lack priority (I'm not 100% on this one) and are probably easy to DI out of (which further compounds the problem that his attacks are easy to avoid anyway).

:lick:

PWtCB

Smash Cadet
What's Metaknight's backstory?
This is what I know. Metaknight was first introduced into the kirby series in the game "Kirby's adventure" on the NES. In the game, he was King Dedede's henchmen, guarding one of the star rod piece. Throughout the game though, Metaknight appears briefly on a couple of occasions to give Kirby a magic lollipop (makes Kirby invincible for a short period), possibly to help Kirby reach him faster so he can clash. Also, numerous times, he unleashed his squad of minions to attack Kirby possibly to test him. These particular minions only appears with metaknight. Then, he reappeared in "Kirby Super Star" (The revenge of metaknight) to exact his revenge on Kirby by trying to conquer dreamland. Kirby foils his plan and destroys the Halberd (MK's ship) and so he escapes after unsuccessfully trying to keep Kirby from escaping himself. He also appeared in the Kirby anime but I did not watch any episode. He appeared also in "Kirby and the magic mirrors" but as an ally instead of a foe (helps kirby battle the "dark" metaknight and then gives Kirby his sword so that Kirby can destroy the one behind it all).

That is about all I know about Metaknight.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
He has no genuine kill moves except his Final Smash (which we now know can be turned off, and his FS doesn't always work anyway) and Shuttle Loop.
Shuttle Loop has about as much KO power as any other given attack Meta Knight could use... and probably less powerful than F-smash.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I agree there, he does have Some KO attacks... He is powerful and fun to play overall I can tell by his moves, although I also use Fox and will possibly be a DeDeDe player...

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
i think metakinght will be better used in a team battle, where he can gather up damage onhis opponents using his insanely fast attacks, and letting his teammate finish them off

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't know if he's over powered. gotta wait till the game is out. All I know is I'm a huge fan of kirby games and always LOVED meta knight and his personality, that alone is why I chose to "main" Meta Knight. If He's good, then thats great for me. If he sucks, oh well, I'll still end up using him the most.

Top Bottom