• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Crystal's absence

smash64metacrystal.jpg

Meta Crystal was a stage in the Smash Bros. Single Player mode were the player would fight against Metal Mario. It was the third to last stage - stage 9, right before the fighting polygon team and Master Hand.

Meta Crystal is one of the weirdest entities in all of Super Smash Bros. Of all of the stages in Single Player mode, both Final Destination and Battlefield have made an appearance in a mainline Super Smash Bros. game. Meta Crystal, however, has not only made no appearance, but Meta Crystal also has also has one of the catchiest tunes from the entire series.

In any official game, it's made no appearance. No reference to it across the four Smash Bros. games after it has been made.

Will this stage ever appear again in the Smash Bros series? Will this tune ever appear again officially in the Smash Bros series? It’s a mystery, but at least we can be reminded of it's awesome song.

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

When Sakurai said that he was bringing back stages from 64, this was the one I was hoping we’d get. Would be a really cool suprise to have it back as an unlockable stage in Smash 5.

I haven't played Smash 64 since I was little, so I had completely forgotten about this. Would be very cool if they brought it back for Smash Switch. Could maybe be good to have for the stage list in tournaments (or even online) too.

The track for it is pretty good.

If we're talking music from 64 that I'd like to see brought back, Master Hand's theme in 64 is the only version of his theme that hasn't returned in later games. Give it a listen; I'd love to hear a re-imagining of it in Smash 5.

I wonder if Sakurai is going to bring this back. Literally every fan-game / mod of Smash Bros (such as PM and SSF2) have brought back or reincarnated this stage.

Makes me wonder what stages he is even going to add, and their OST.

The one I really want back is the Mushroom Kingdom stage. I liked being able to travel through the pipes. It made it a fun stage to play with items since you could use them to escape, or travel to the opposite side to grab an item.

The one I really want back is the Mushroom Kingdom stage. I liked being able to travel through the pipes. It made it a fun stage to play with items since you could use them to escape, or travel to the opposite side to grab an item.
As the writer of this article, I just really want all Smash 64 stages to return.

When Sakurai said that he was bringing back stages from 64, this was the one I was hoping we’d get. Would be a really cool suprise to have it back as an unlockable stage in Smash 5.
At this point almost anyone who played 64 would agree to have this as a retro stage

Top Bottom