• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Merits of online gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Online gaming seems to be the biggest new craze to sweep the console world, but is it worth it? In order to play online, you have to have a connection to the internet. The cheapest way is through a dial up connection, but this ties up a phone line and is slow. Cable & DSL also work, but these are more expensive. There is always the possibility of lag time, and in a game like SSBM, that would be devastating. I hope to enjoy the fruits of some great multiplayer action (imagine playing 4-player SSBM whenever you want, even without four controllers or three bodies next to you)but it just might cost to much to have a dedicated internet connection for just gaming. Therefore I am stuck with my *** on the fence, but I'm leaning more toward the "online gaming is bad" side. What do the rest of you think?

foxinabox87

Smash Ace
i guess a few people are having trouble with #III.
newho...i think online gaming is great. i already have a cable modem so if i get gc and the next ssbm will be online(maybe) i will have almost no trouble with lag. i think that online gaming is a really cool idea.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
I support online-gaming. We all have access to the internet, so why not? Lag can be a problem for precise games like SSBM, but online RPGs/stratigies would be great. It would connect the world. Cable and DSL may be expensive, but that doesn't mean you have ot get it. It's optional, just like gaming itself, and having an option is always better than not. I would definately go for it, because I don't know many SSBM players in person.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
This isn't really a debate. This is just a bunch of personal opinions on whether getting a cable modem is worth it.

I'd go on further, but there's really no need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom