• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meleefied Character Skins?

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
I know there are some up on BV, but how much have they really been looked into?
What do you mean exactly? The question is a little vague, yo.

Melee models?
Melee textures on Melee models?
Melee textures on Brawl models?
Improved Melee models with improved Melee textures?

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean exactly? The question is a little vague, yo.

Melee models?
Melee textures on Melee models?
Melee textures on Brawl models?
2nd one will definitely do, though last one would be amazing IMO. There's already quite a bit with models, I could retexture some of them for it to fit with the color scheme and I can try to help make the csps.

Overall I think this would be a nice project to compile all Meleeified characters to one zip file.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
I think the brawl textures are fine. One of the things that makes PM a superior game to melee (omginb4hate) is that it's just melee with better graphics and more content. Taking away the graphics seems a little uneasy.

Now that I got my opinion out of the way... Many players could get thrown off by vertex edits like melee ganondorf, and I know many tournaments that use texture hacks think the same of melee texture hacks as most other ones. I have heard a few people complain that they can't play fox anymore because his head is slightly rounder and they get distracted by the little things hanging off his jacket. I don't think this is a good reason for players to be forced to play against them.

I view them as any other vertex/texture. Good for casual smashfests, but keep them out of tournaments.

Edit: ...And now I know that this thread is about making the rest of them or something. LOL

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
This is what we should be aiming for. I was in the middle of a project where I was trying to meleefy all of the brawl characters textures so they had a sort of consistency with the melee vertexes I was already using. All I was doing was blurring and brightening the textures a bit. Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have been lessening the quality of the brawl textures by blurring them, I should have been improving the quality of the melee textures I was using.

If someone could create textures like these, they would look much more consistent with brawl's textures while still giving us the old melee ones we love.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
The only one of those which I personally have any interest in doing is a better gerudo Ganondorf that matches up to Brawl's graphics. I actually already planned on doing this at some point, just haven't gotten around to it.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I think the brawl textures are fine. One of the things that makes PM a superior game to melee (omginb4hate) is that it's just melee with better graphics and more content. Taking away the graphics seems a little uneasy.

Now that I got my opinion out of the way... Many players could get thrown off by vertex edits like melee ganondorf, and I know many tournaments that use texture hacks think the same of melee texture hacks as most other ones. I have heard a few people complain that they can't play fox anymore because his head is slightly rounder and they get distracted by the little things hanging off his jacket. I don't think this is a good reason for players to be forced to play against them.

I view them as any other vertex/texture. Good for casual smashfests, but keep them out of tournaments.

Edit: ...And now I know that this thread is about making the rest of them or something. LOL
Melee character designs rendered in Brawl quality can look better than both Melee and Brawl.

Texture hacks have always been allowed only the consent of both players and it should stay that way.

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
Along the lines of, "Melee textures on Brawl models?" Shun_One (Peach , Captain Falcon) had a small side project making a few of these on the Project M SmashMods forums. I'm content with the Brawl models, but I'd like to see more vibrant colors on the characters without the loss of texture detail.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I gave a backroom member the idea that the last color of every Melee vet should be their Melee model. I think that works for everyone.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I meant more like... Melee textures on Brawl Models, or improved Melee textures/graphics on Brawl Models, because I like the size of Brawl Models, but with the visual appeal of Melee textures.

Some of the textures on KTH's looked okay (like Link, TL, Wario), but some like Mario... Luigi, etc looked too small and stuff.

VideoGameScrapBook

Smash Rookie
I gave a backroom member the idea that the last color of every Melee vet should be their Melee model. I think that works for everyone.
I spent a few hours looking for a Melee character texture pack that would be compatible with Project M. Has anybody taken your suggestion or created something similar?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Some of the Melee textures desync wifi/replays, meaning they also change offline play outcomes. There's actually a lot of crazy vertex and model replacement textures out there that don't, but weirdly I remember like Melee Ganon desyncing.

210stuna

Smash Lord
If someone could create textures like these, they would look much more consistent with brawl's textures while still giving us the old melee ones we love.
Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

A pack delivered like this would get my jimmies so rustled, I would forever be lost in a daze of amazement

Top Bottom