• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee:Weegee,Doc or Mario?

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Link to original post: [drupal=5001]Melee:Weegee,Doc or Mario?[/drupal]

Here's a quick blog entry. I gotta say I prefer Doc over the three b/c of his edgeguarding, but Wegee is pretty neat too. I dont use Mario all that much, though. Basically I'm asking what you guys think about the three. Which one is the best in your opinion?

Ansem

Smash Cadet
I have no opinion of them on a competitive standpoint, but i think Luigi is the most fun just because of his long wave dash :D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked Mario the most in Melee I think.

:phone:

Spyro

Smash Ace
I like weegee cause of his weirld combos, Docs combos are fun too but mario is meh, doc is just a better version of mario IMO.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Competitively, Doc is the best. Also, all of these Melee crap threads should be on the MELEE boards.

Jet300

Smash Ace
Doc Mario is better because, he's a better version of Mario and makes him
a useless. Just because he's stronger.
Luigi is a stong character. Its dangerous to get closerange and he has a long wave dash. Competitively, Dr.mario is better than weegee.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Luigi, full bias intended. Doc got that fair though. Just throw it out and yell out "Kobe!"and straight dunk on him. Honestly Doc and Mario are the same aside from Fair, fireball/pill trajectories, and Nair, they might as well be identical.

Mystischism

Smash Rookie
Personal favortie is Luigi purely due to entertainment value. I was playing with some friends earlier today and while recovering, misfired across the stage. This required another attempt at B-over, which resulted in a second misfire. As I skidded on the edge of the stage I was able to actually recover.

I haven't ever seriously played with Dr. Mario or Uneducated Mario so I can't honestly compare their competitive play ability, but Luigi does have some groovy aerial play.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Competitively, Doc is the best. Also, all of these Melee crap threads should be on the MELEE boards.
I'd considered putting them in the melee boards but I figured something so simple would be better placed as a user blog.

I have no opinion of them on a competitive standpoint, but i think Luigi is the most fun just because of his long wave dash :D
Yeah luigi has an awesome wavedash.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I say neither!!!

If anyone deserves the spotlight, it's Captain Falcon for being overly powerful and extremely fast!!
P.S.: How do you post avatars?
P.P.S.: Did you notice there's three "a"'s in avatar?

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
I say neither!!!

If anyone deserves the spotlight, it's Captain Falcon for being overly powerful and extremely fast!!
Way to represent Falcon.

P.S - Don't use a font that is basically unreadable with the background being the color it is. I had to highlight your text just to see what it was that you said.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
I say neither!!!

I love your enthusiasm for Falcon, but this is about the Bros. Hence the title.
There's a difference between a disagreement and completely off-topic. But aside from that, Falcon is some legit stuff.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Doing a Wavedash on a platform. It's called landing cause you have to jump on another platform to do it first.

Am I gettin that right?

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Doing a Wavedash on a platform. It's called landing cause you have to jump on another platform to do it first.

Am I gettin that right?

Well it sounds correct, but in the GIF i psted people are saying luigi is wavelanding, but hes on final destination so how could he be wavelanding?

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
A waveland is just a wavedash that started from the air.

So a wavedash is jump -> airdodgediagonally down immediately

and a waveland is jump -> wait till you come down from the jump -> airdodge diagonally down.

Top Bottom