• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Melee vs project M heroes crew battle

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
Was actually going to suggest this myself. Would be really fun to see the melee vets that play PM such as M2K, Hbox, Mango, Fly, Hax, ect. vs the big names in Project M. And it will put the crew battle feature in PM to good use!

phish-it

Smash Champion
This is actually one of the few good crew battle ideas. It'd be interesting to see, although some of the top project M players are also top Melee players.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
im down if they promise not to john

BTW we get Taj's Mewtwo and Sethlon's Roy if they go.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Problem is, most of the top Project M players are the top Melee players and unless 3.0 comes with a some kind of cloning machine ( a clone engine if you will), its pretty much going to be one sided depending on what team they decide to play for.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I take it they would be playing P:M and not Melee, but I still feel like it would be a little one-sided. I believe most of the top Melee players have done some dabbling in P:M, and generally when a top Melee player enters a P:M tourney they get first. I know there have been exceptions, this has been the case more often than not.
There's also the question of who would be on the P:M crew. The top 3 or 4 should be easy, but after that, there's an awful lot of room for debate.

That aside, I would still be hype as hell for this.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Historically, we've seen a lot of PM-centric players win tournaments, as well as Melee oldheads. I don't think past results are skewed toward either side.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
People also seem to be underestimating MU knowledge/experience that P:M side will have over Melee side.

see m2k vs rat, zhime vs mango, salem (brawl player first) vs hax, kirk vs hbox, etc etc

Top Bottom