• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Toolkit - NOW AVAILABLE (v1.03 Alpha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I should also mention, for a little extended help, I'm writing a nice little IDE to help you understand model formats <> UMC:

what this does is it uses UMC scripts as data templates for highlighting file data and associating it with the script.
that little black box in the corner is a previewer so you can see the model/image data being imported into UMC. ;)

Ben Zed

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BENZ#0
Is there anyway to add a custom skin without saving it over a pre existing one (For example, Marth has 5 skins. Can I add a 6th?)? Like, can I delete other stuff on the ISO to make that happen, or does it not work that way?

Ben Zed

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BENZ#0
Is there anyway to add a custom skin without saving it over a pre existing one (For example, Marth has 5 skins. Can I add a 6th?)? Like, can I delete other stuff on the ISO to make that happen, or does it not work that way?

NNID
dansalvato
I believe @achilles1515 is doing something with the 20XX hack pack that replaces trophies with additional skins.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Yes in a way. The character will still have the same number of color costumes however, but there will be 2 to choose from. Or more. Really however many you want. If you look at my thread http://smashboards.com/threads/fixed-toggleable-alternate-character-textures.386137/ I have a working code that allows character to have a second set of skins.

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
Select your iso.
Also, I don't want just a color scheme, I wanna add a cape and arm bands to falcon. I call my falcon Space ghost, kinda like how lucky calls his falcon Batman, and I wanna make a custom Space ghost skin for falcon, any help?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Also, I don't want just a color scheme, I wanna add a cape and arm bands to falcon. I call my falcon Space ghost, kinda like how lucky calls his falcon Batman, and I wanna make a custom Space ghost skin for falcon, any help?
good luck with that... lol

not even I am at the point of replacing HAL_DAT model data, let alone adding data to a mesh...

here's something that should (in theory) be possible though:
- header
- data section
- user-extended data section
- relocation pointers
- user-extended relocation pointers
- root nodes
- reference nodes
- strings

all you have to change is the data size aka the relocation table offset.
(I think it's a size rather than an offset, but it works as a pointer as well)

and the fact that it's a size would explain the data section being pre-allocated and thus why the pointers are always +32

Last edited:

Jack of Trades

Smash Rookie
Seeing this, I would check: Are you sure you're not opening the iso with any other software (like GCR)?

I've never used that software, but I'd check this first.
No other software is running. The only thing I could think of was making sure I was running as administrator and reinstalling framework but no go:/ I'm almost certain this is a windows error that I'm incapable of understanding within my knowledge. GCR crashes when I try to start it. I was once able to use all of these modding programs to build my 20XX and texture isos. Recently had to reinstall my windows so I'm guessing that has something to do with the programs not working.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
No other software is running. The only thing I could think of was making sure I was running as administrator and reinstalling framework but no go:/ I'm almost certain this is a windows error that I'm incapable of understanding within my knowledge. GCR crashes when I try to start it. I was once able to use all of these modding programs to build my 20XX and texture isos. Recently had to reinstall my windows so I'm guessing that has something to do with the programs not working.
Especially check to make sure if Dolphin is not running.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
It would be sad if this never got improved because IE feels obligated to never stop working on 20XX TE. It'd be nice if the program could find the eye textures and some of those other pesky problems.

zankyou

Smash Lord
It would be sad if this never got improved because IE feels obligated to never stop working on 20XX TE. It'd be nice if the program could find the eye textures and some of those other pesky problems.
The eye textures its missing are usually in the joint matanim section which is assumed to relate to animations. Since no one really understands it, asking for a fix is a bit much.

zankyou

Smash Lord

Rainchu

Smash Rookie
Theres a size limit. The new image data size cant be bigger than the old. And its probably best if you keep the same image format.
What do you mean by size limit? If you mean the resolution, I made sure it was the same. They are both 128x128

The Skye Guy

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm a Mac user, if someone could package this with Wine and just send me the packaged form, that would be super freaking awesome! Thanks.

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
lol, @Achilles1515, I was just about to finally do something about this thread, and then say you had edited it... today. Now we just need to find all other mentions of this thread....

Dan Salvato Dan Salvato , I'm locking this thread. If you'd actually like it reopened, just send me a PM.

To others, if you're confused by this, please note the deprecation notice in the OP. However, if you insist for some reason, there is still a working download link a few posts above this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom