• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Who cares? That has nothing to so with the subject of this thread.
Yes... nothing to 'so' at all... Except LOOK AT MY AVATAR! lol jk. I'm actually gonna change my avatar soon cause I have an anime af version of me and an anime version of my custom Marth... Not sure wheter I'm gonna use myself or the Marth thing tho

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Will that Wario World-escue soundpack for the WAH be made at all like you planned? Also do you think you could make the shield sound effects the softer sounding ones from Melee or is that impossible...?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Will that Wario World-escue soundpack for the WAH be made at all like you planned? Also do you think you could make the shield sound effects the softer sounding ones from Melee or is that impossible...?
the shield sounds are definitely possible, i did it in my build
I actually at one point had this in the thingy. The problem I had with it was I couldn't find the sound effect that was used for the multi-clinks or whatever. So it ended up sounding weird when you power-shielded a multihit move, and it goes from that softer hit to the louder clink sounds that are used for the hits after. I'll probably try again and spend a bit more time searching for it. But for now I'm focused on the characters n whatnot.

Obskore

Smash Ace
I actually at one point had this in the thingy. The problem I had with it was I couldn't find the sound effect that was used for the multi-clinks or whatever. So it ended up sounding weird when you power-shielded a multihit move, and it goes from that softer hit to the louder clink sounds that are used for the hits after. I'll probably try again and spend a bit more time searching for it. But for now I'm focused on the characters n whatnot.
it's one of the step sounds for when characters get a metal box

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
it's one of the step sounds for when characters get a metal box
I thought it was. That might be why I didn't leave it.

And the WARIO thing is definitely still happening!

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Considering Wario Land 4 came out the same year ((And the fact Wario World pretty much uses the same clips from Wario World but highly compressed)) I think it could still work. :p

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Considering Wario Land 4 came out the same year ((And the fact Wario World pretty much uses the same clips from Wario World but highly compressed)) I think it could still work. :p
Actually, the download uses Mario Tennis clips which still would've fit around the time of developing Melee. He was considered.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I remember seeing a post before like a long time ago saying that using donkey kongs sfx wouldnt be a problem in pm3.6 is that true? And would i have to use his .pac?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I remember seeing a post before like a long time ago saying that using donkey kongs sfx wouldnt be a problem in pm3.6 is that true? And would i have to use his .pac?
Yeah he's one of the few... actually I think the only Melee character that did not receive changes from 3.5 to 3.6

I'm going to use an updated .pac file for him and update just for safety reasons, but I do believe it's fine to use the old 3.5 Melee DK .pac file.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I finally did that thing with the few characters I have done. You can has downloads nao. Marth, Roy, Captain Falcon, Fox and Falco are the updated doodz. Marth and Roy don't have the fanceh Dancing Blade/Double Edge Dance .pacs yet... But they will eventually/soon-ish.

Taltharius

Smash Cadet
I finally did that thing with the few characters I have done. You can has downloads nao. Marth, Roy, Captain Falcon, Fox and Falco are the updated doodz. Marth and Roy don't have the fanceh Dancing Blade/Double Edge Dance .pacs yet... But they will eventually/soon-ish.
Any ETA on Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Pikachu being available?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
not wifi-safe

and i still gotta do my take on this, i've just been so lazy
At this point I'm thinking I'd have to use the .pac files in the wifi codeset... which I probably won't do. I have no idea why my thingies aren't wifi safe and other thingies supposedly are. I could see if any data/animations/whathaveyou for the attacks and stuff were changed... But I change noffink. Just sound placement. Wouldn't think that causes desync.

HYPE!!! Is Fox and Falco the just melee versions or are they the split ones by costume?
They're just the normal Melee Voice only mods. The alts will soon follow. Cause I really wanna have my Brawl and Melee Link voices back.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So... Amazerommu! Can we get an ETA for the release? :)
Nope!

But someone help me figure out how to make Pika Libre have the shininess like in this pic. It's of the highest importance. I know it's something to do with materials. But apparently everything I've tried has not worked and I suck :-(

OH THE MELEE NOTE! I shall say that I will have some free time today after work (finally)... and plan to go all... the way... in. Serious progress is imminent!

Also for real for real with the halp! I neeeeeeed this supah hot Pika Libre. (I'm secretly working on Smash 3-esque textures for KTHs model and it's gonna be supah hot fiyaaaaaah!!!)()()()()()()

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
At this point I'm thinking I'd have to use the .pac files in the wifi codeset... which I probably won't do. I have no idea why my thingies aren't wifi safe and other thingies supposedly are. I could see if any data/animations/whathaveyou for the attacks and stuff were changed... But I change noffink. Just sound placement. Wouldn't think that causes desync.

They're just the normal Melee Voice only mods. The alts will soon follow. Cause I really wanna have my Brawl and Melee Link voices back.
You forgot someone :ganondorfmelee:
No rush though.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
You added in Marth's "Let's Dance" thing right? When is he supposed to say it? I don't think I've encountered it in normal gameplay yet.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
You added in Marth's "Let's Dance" thing right? When is he supposed to say it? I don't think I've encountered it in normal gameplay yet.
Ummm I have no idea what you're talking about and you are delusional and there is no such thing as "Let's Dance" and... (As soon as i can find someone who'll do some animation work for me, all will be made clear... and you won't be able to guess what it's for so don't even try... Huehuehueh)

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Ummm I have no idea what you're talking about and you are delusional and there is no such thing as "Let's Dance" and... (As soon as i can find someone who'll do some animation work for me, all will be made clear... and you won't be able to guess what it's for so don't even try... Huehuehueh)
Oh lol I just assumed that it was gonna be used as an alternate counter sound effect. Can't wait to see what its used for haha

MasterZaden

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf's Side-B seems to have no sound at all. Is this just me? At least the lunging part. He could have the lunge sound-clip from Melee's Gerudo Dragon there.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Ganondorf's Side-B seems to have no sound at all. Is this just me? At least the lunging part. He could have the lunge sound-clip from Melee's Gerudo Dragon there.
I haven't updated this char yet... But his old files should have sound clips placed properly on all his attacks.

Butterlord

Smash Rookie
I'm having this problem with Marth's Melee voice when he dies off the top and hits the screen sometimes it plays the "Let's Dance" sound for some reason

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I'm having this problem with Marth's Melee voice when he dies off the top and hits the screen sometimes it plays the "Let's Dance" sound for some reason
Lol I guess I never had Marth die up the top. Also that's hilarious xD I wouldn't change it.

TPW_ThatOneGuy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jerry-ThatOneGuy
3DS FC
3239-4044-4959
Not to bump the thread with potentially useless information, but after doing some playtesting, I can confirm that most of the outdated character mods still work correctly in PM3.6, for the most part, as well as the 7.sawnd mod. However....

It seems that the electricity sounds were shuffled around at some point, as landing an electric-type attack (with presumably anyone) plays Ganondorf's "Up-B connected" electric sound, rather than the normal electric sound.
...but maybe you knew that already. Just wanted to let you know just in case.

In the interest of full disclosure, the characters mods I tested were:
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Ness
-Pikachu
-Alt. Link
-Alt. Ganon
-Alt. Fox
-Alt. Falco
and I did not use the GCT.
Some side notes:
Kind of an oddity, but when Dr. Mario's pill bounces, it makes the same noise as when Mario's fireball bounces, not sure if that's changeable.
Also kind of an oddity, but [Dr.] Mario's "woot" on his first jump seems to come out too quickly, as it plays when I do an up-smash.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Not to bump the thread with potentially useless information, but after doing some playtesting, I can confirm that most of the outdated character mods still work correctly in PM3.6, for the most part, as well as the 7.sawnd mod. However....

It seems that the electricity sounds were shuffled around at some point, as landing an electric-type attack (with presumably anyone) plays Ganondorf's "Up-B connected" electric sound, rather than the normal electric sound.
...but maybe you knew that already. Just wanted to let you know just in case.

In the interest of full disclosure, the characters mods I tested were:
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Ness
-Pikachu
-Alt. Link
-Alt. Ganon
-Alt. Fox
-Alt. Falco
and I did not use the GCT.
Some side notes:
Kind of an oddity, but when Dr. Mario's pill bounces, it makes the same noise as when Mario's fireball bounces, not sure if that's changeable.
Also kind of an oddity, but [Dr.] Mario's "woot" on his first jump seems to come out too quickly, as it plays when I do an up-smash.
I did of course know all these things. The electric thing is a little wrong though. It's the lingering effect that's in Melee you're hearing in addition to the normal sfx. They're not playing incorrectly... It's just much louder than Melee. Already working on fixing it.

The pill w/ fireball sfx is something I've been bringing up in groups constantly. It can only be fixed with .rel editing I'm pretty sure... which I've tried to look into/ask for help with... but have had no such luck. It's a vanilla issue as well.

Last edited:

peternishimura

Smash Rookie
So I tried fox and falco and they work pretty well. I have found that their voice clips play inconsistently. I'll throw out fox's up-smash, for example, and his voice clip will only play half the time. Also, his dodging clip is one of his attacking clips. For Falco, there's a similar problem. His dodging sound is his teching sound. I'm not sure if that's my fault or a glitch to be aware of.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So I tried fox and falco and they work pretty well. I have found that their voice clips play inconsistently. I'll throw out fox's up-smash, for example, and his voice clip will only play half the time. Also, his dodging clip is one of his attacking clips. For Falco, there's a similar problem. His dodging sound is his teching sound. I'm not sure if that's my fault or a glitch to be aware of.
Probably because they haven't been updated for 3.6 yet.
Both of their .sawnd and .pac files should've been updated as of this point. I also did a Pikachu and Mario thing. Also, if you haven't, check this out. It's my own personal/scene build that I've been putting way more time into than actually working on SFX... lol

Top Bottom