• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

melee pro = Brawl pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandenpunk1

Smash Cadet
Do you think the big names in melee will find a way to dominate the field again? or is it way to soon to tell?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
(read the following as if you were singing DK rap)

''Here, here, here we go,''
''So he is finally here,''
''Posting for you,''
''If you know the thread,''
''You can avoid this noob,''

''stay all together, if you to hear this crap,''
''As we take you through, this stupid rap!''

''DK, [[Donkey Kong]]!!''

''He's the leader of the noobs, you know him well,''
''He finnaly won, the noobs champ belt, (Ahehahe)''
''His Coconut Gun, can fire in spurts,''
''If you read his thread , it's gunna hurt!''
''He's lazier, uglier and funnier too,''
''He's the first member of the DK crew!''

''DK, Donkey Kong!'
''DK, Donkey Kong is here!''

''This guy looks stupid, so listen up dudes,''
''He can be a newbie, so don't be rude,''
''He is quick and nimble when he needs to be,''
''He can annoy you to hell, so climn on a tree!''
''If you choose him, you'll choose wrong,''
''With a skip and a hop, she's one fool Kong!''''

<br/>''DK, Donkey Kong!''

Just kidding, I created this song a while ago and need to show it to somebody.
to answer your question: Yeah I think the big names will return, a good meele pro will be a good brawl pro. (they got used to the game fast)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Do you think the big names in melee will find a way to dominate the field again? or is it way to soon to tell?
The ones that stick with it will, at least in the beginning. New people always crop up later on though.

Blaze Zero

Smash Rookie
Isai is one of the best SSB players, and he was still really good at Melee. I think it's safe to say that those pros who will play Brawl as much as they did Melee will be some of the top players in Brawl as well.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
With some advanced techniques such as Dash Dancing and uh...Shield Grabbing (couldn't think of another one) returning, some pros will still be pro.

A noob that just picks up a Wii and Brawl like out of the blue won't get the basic stuff of Brawl.

But from a wider point of view everybody will have to learn Brawl from the beginning.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Everyones going to need a little time to adapt to Brawl, it handles differently of course. Some poeple might find new mains. Or some great players might only just start playing with Brawl.

But if you were good in melee, I'm guessing you'll probably be good in Brawl. In order to be actually good you'd have to have relied on mindgames, strategy, etc, not just advanced techniques and such.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Not automatically, but an experienced 64/Melee player already has a certain feel for the game. It's just a matter of figuring out the new combos and so on for Brawl.

Newer players will need to learn and adjust a lot more than experienced players, but in time, they'll catch up.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think that the Melee pros that stick to it will still be great players. However, I'm sure that more players will arise that weren't epic pwnage in Melee. Remember, Isai is the greatest SSB64 player of all time. Easily. When it comes to Melee, he has (arguably) the best Falcon in the world. However, Ken is the greatest Melee player of all time. I'm thinking that Ken will still be amazing at Brawl, but perhaps (read: perhaps) not the best.

But hey, what do I know :D

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
Everyones going to need a little time to adapt to Brawl, it handles differently of course. Some poeple might find new mains. Or some great players might only just start playing with Brawl.

But if you were good in melee, I'm guessing you'll probably be good in Brawl. In order to be actually good you'd have to have relied on mindgames, strategy, etc, not just advanced techniques and such.
Exactly. Mindgames, son. =]

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
I'd say it's too early to tell. They are two different games, so it will take some time for all of us. The people who have played Melee however, will probably have an edge of sorts, but then you have to consider the fact that people must get used to Change rather then just learning something new. Sometimes Change can be harder to deal with, it all depends on the player. I'm sure older Super Smash Brothers experience will generally be a good thing, but not needed =p.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Melee pros have an advantage and will definitely have an edge in the beginning.

But it doesn't mean they will necessarily be pro.

Only if they keep at it...

-Onyx

Eagle-Eye

Smash Rookie
I think most Melee pros rely heavily on wavedashing and other techniques that won't be present in Brawl, so they won't immediately be masters. So we'll all be on a level playing field, at least at first.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
i agree with most people here that the pros from melee will have an edge just because they have years
of smart playing and really good DI so they will def. know what they are doing when they
pick up a controller and play, (look at gimpy he went to E4all and gathered all that info within what 3
days) so i think the pros will be good if they stick with the game

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
I think most Melee pros rely heavily on wavedashing and other techniques that won't be present in Brawl, so they won't immediately be masters. So we'll all be on a level playing field, at least at first.
Though that may be true, Ken once said during his period of dominance that "dash dance, not wavedash" or something along those lines.

Also, heavily is an overstatement. It's clear that melee pros can easily adjust to anything. The only ones who will rely heavily on wavedashing are those who are just learning it and going "OMGZZZ TEH WAVEDASH"

Also, pros will still be dominant in brawl. They have the power to manipulate people into doing what they want.

Zek

Smash Ace
Melee pros got where they are through endless practice. If they put the same effort into Brawl they'll get the same results. There are no guarantees that the same people will be on top of the pile again though.

nuro

Smash Lord
It is a combination of a lot of different influences. SSBM pros are hard working and talented. If a pro brings his mindset to SSBB he will surely become a pro again. The difference between pros and non pros is that pros usually have something they want to achieve or work for. Someone with no weight on their shoulders will usually lose easily while someone with weight on their shoulders will usually win easily.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Well, I plan on making a name for myself in Brawl. Within a year or two I hope to achieve that illustrious "pro" status. : ) and I know there are many up and comers (like me) who are determined to make it to the top. The current pros might have an advantage but in the end it's going to come down to who's better and at this point the playing field is as equal as it's going to be.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Kinda. Melee pro's probably like smash enough that they will work to be pro again in Brawl. But being pro at Melee won't make you automatically pro at Brawl. I know because I was at EforAll, and I'm a casual player yet I was fighting on par with them. It's different enough that everyone (ok no everyone anyone who's played a lot casual or competitive) is pretty much on the same level.

keeper

Smash Champion
I don't think they would be instant pros, but more so just be able to get a grasp of the entire game more easily then most people. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom