• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Players at the university of Iowa?

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
Just looking for melee players at and around Iowa city looking to play some friendlies and get better at the game. Let me know!
515-480-2791

TeaSpin

Smash Rookie
I don't live in Iowa City, but I'm only a 20 minute drive from town, I'm a pretty average smasher, and a pretty frequent player. Maybe we can meet up some time and play.

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
I don't live in Iowa City, but I'm only a 20 minute drive from town, I'm a pretty average smasher, and a pretty frequent player. Maybe we can meet up some time and play.
sounds good, none of us are fantastic or anything, but we are trying to get better. do you at least know your basics, i.e. l-canceling/wavedashing and so on? Also, who doyou play?

TeaSpin

Smash Rookie
Yeah I have quite a few of my basics down, I don't play just one character, but lately I have been playing a lot of Gannon.

TeaSpin

Smash Rookie
Between filling out Scholarships, Track, and Work, it won't be for a week or two, but I'll text you, we will work something out.

Slider master

Smash Rookie
I live less than an hour away, and I would be willing to play depending on the weekend. I have a friend that would come with me, we're decent I think, but I only play him so it's subjective. Could we join?

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
I live less than an hour away, and I would be willing to play depending on the weekend. I have a friend that would come with me, we're decent I think, but I only play him so it's subjective. Could we join?
Yeah of course, its mostly just me and 1 friend here as well, and we are just trying to get good enough to compete in tournaments. So as long as you guys are okay with a focus on competitive play it should be great. I posted my number earlier, feel free to text me if you guys want to head over sometime, or we could come hang to your place. Who do you guys play?

Slider master

Smash Rookie
I play several people, but I am best with Ganondorf. I like to play as Fox as well. Sprinkle some young link in there and thats me. My friend will only play falco competitively.

Slider master

Smash Rookie
Not this weekend, no. My friend is still a little edgy about going to a college students' dorm to play videogames.

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
Not this weekend, no. My friend is still a little edgy about going to a college students' dorm to play videogames.
Well you will perhaps be happy to know that we are renting a house, but regardless whats he worried about? Were not exactly your stereotypical U of I students. Let me know when you guys decide you do wanna smash though. Ive been itching for some 2v2's

Dr. Ed

Smash Rookie
I would be willing to drive over once in a while. I live in ankeny which is almost 2 hours away but if there's a group to get connected to some evenings I would be up for the drive.

TeaSpin

Smash Rookie
I actually may have an opening this weekend to come over I would need to check and make sure i have the time for it ill text you later this week

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
I would be willing to drive over once in a while. I live in ankeny which is almost 2 hours away but if there's a group to get connected to some evenings I would be up for the drive.
I actually may have an opening this weekend to come over I would need to check and make sure i have the time for it ill text you later this week
Ill actually be in indianola/des moines this weekend, so we could play together ed if you want. My other friend who I live with will still be here if you want to play some games. Just text me for his number if you are interested

Dr. Ed

Smash Rookie
Weekends and Wednesday nights you can generally bet I'm going to be busy but if anyone wants to smash Wednesday mornings or weekday evenings I'm up for it.

§chizm

Smash Lord
There's a few of us in Des Moines that play once a week or so (usually Thursday/Friday night) since we might be going to EVO. Feel free to hit me up if you're around and wanna play, 515-681-4799.

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
There's a few of us in Des Moines that play once a week or so (usually Thursday/Friday night) since we might be going to EVO. Feel free to hit me up if you're around and wanna play, 515-681-4799.
Definetely expect me during the summer months, me and my friend arent amazing, but were certainly putting in some work, and friendlies are always fun. Especially 2v2's

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
Are you and your friend not down for any games then? Im getting the bug to play again and its been awhile since I've had some good 2v2's

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
Considering another smash fest this saturday. Trying to decide if it will be in Des Moines or Iowa city though. What kind of availability do yall have?

TeaSpin

Smash Rookie
I work saturday but i could show up after work, unless we are just going to have hd tv's again then we are both out

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
Ill be in des moines this weekend for other matters so we will be having it in des moines. Will you be around JJ? Also, Kuares and Slider, we can meet anytime this upcoming week as well

s1a1m

Smash Rookie
Hey just found this thread. I am currently enrolled at the university of Iowa and would be totally down to play some melee sometime. I'm not super good but I have some advanced techniques down. I play Ice Climbers but also like to play Ness. Looking for any tournaments aswell so any info you have on them would be great! thanks.

Dr. Ed

Smash Rookie
Hey just found this thread. I am currently enrolled at the university of Iowa and would be totally down to play some melee sometime. I'm not super good but I have some advanced techniques down. I play Ice Climbers but also like to play Ness. Looking for any tournaments aswell so any info you have on them would be great! thanks.

Hey man! Has anyone talked to you yet about getting some games going? I live in ankeny and there are a few of us that live in Des Moines so it shouldn't be too hard to get games going. I'm probably closest to your skill level out of the people on smashboards who live in Des Moines. I am working about 52 hours a week until January so until then I'm going to be pretty hit an miss, but after that... I may go a little melee crazy. I can PM you my phone number if you want.

s1a1m

Smash Rookie
Yeah I'm currently in Iowa City which is like an hour and a half away from you guys. This is probably too far to play a lot considering I don't have a car here. This doesn't rule everything out though. A smash group I found in Iowa City sometime travels and I know they have gone to few tournaments in Des Moines. Ill post here if I know something is going down. It would be great to play with more people my skill level!

Top Bottom