• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee netplay weeklies!

Would you like to join a melee netplay weekly?

• Total voters

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Melee Netplay weeklies! If we can get some interest in this type of tournament, I will have brackets and a setup for Saturdays 5 PM CST! See you there! (Reply to the thread/PM me if you want to participate)

Last edited:

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
cool! Looks like we need one more person, and I would like to discuss rules/what time to do this/legal stages.

Cody100

Smash Cadet
I like this but you would need to make sure everyone is using the same settings so that there is no chance of desync.

I have never played Melee competitively or even against other players in a tournament before, so it should be fun.

Last edited:

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Hey! I've never been in the crazy tournament level either, but its not like I don't know the most important techniques. I think we'll stick with the usual 4 stock 8 minute matches. I'm hoping this could happen on sundays starting around 3:00, and I'm willing to do team battles as well. Any suggestions?

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
glad we could get some people to join! This weekly will start Sunday at 3:00, check this thread closer towards the date for more details

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
glad we could get some people to join! This weekly will start Sunday at 3:00, check this thread closer towards the date for more details
I can't do it on Sunday can we switch it to Saturday or Friday? And I could get some more people if it's on Saturday.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
The only good times for these would be on Friday and Sunday for me (until summertime), but on Friday it would have to start around 5, and school might keep me busy on more weeks, but I would probably still be able to do most weeks. I would also like a confirmation from EVERYONE that they can do this time or if we can get a better time to play. Saturdays MIGHT work, but I plan on attending a seperate weekly there. Finally, thanks for the link to the ruleset!

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
REMINDER! THE WEEKLY STARTS TODAY AT 5! I will try to setup a challonge bracket 30 minutes prior, and this is where signups are. There will be a tournament in this process, but I will stay after the tournament to play smash and practice. Don't be late! (also, make your challonge username your smashboards username, and signup for free if you haven't already)

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
and one more thing. does anyone have streaming equipment? I don't, but it would be cool for some of these matches to go on twitch/youtube.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Brackets going live in 10 minutes! YOU ONLY HAVE 30 MINUTES, BE READY! (btw I will play some matches outside of the bracket for fun/practice)

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
weekly will NOT happen this week, I know I set up brackets, but it seems no one will respond (no one has been online today)
sorry guys.
PLEASE contact me about an appropriate time for these
Thanks

Last edited:

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
weekly will NOT happen this week, I know I set up brackets, but it seems no one will respond (no one has been online today)
sorry guys.
PLEASE contact me about an appropriate time for these
Thanks
You should host it on sat so more people join.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Yes! sorry about no recent updates, here are a few other details:
Single elimination bracket or round robin? (I don't like double elimination)
pick/counter or gentleman's rule?
THIS WILL BE HELD SATURDAY AT 5, BE THERE OR BE SQUARE

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
I vote for single elimination (or double elimination if we do it). Is there a challonge bracket up yet?

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to participate in this as well. We should get unified codes going to prevent any desyncs or wackiness like previously mentioned (just the Global Netplay Code should suffice) but have it be in the OP or something. Whereabouts is everyone located, because after a certain distance netplay just isn't feasible for some people/places. California here. Perhaps also consider setting up an IRC or steam group or ANY sort of chatroom people can meet up and chat in before the matches are called. People can report scores in there and also use it to centralize all the players and make the matches go by at a nice pace.

edit: here's a thought, I believe anther's ladder (smashladder.com for those of you who are unaware) allows you to create rooms. I think I've seen some reddit tournaments use that chat function to great success, just another potential way to let players socialize and wait for matches to be called.

Looking forward to seeing this take off in the future. I've always wanted to see some melee netplay weeklies so I can work on my game with some friends.

Last edited:

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Hey! glad we could get another person to participate.
I almost forgot, this WILL be hosted through anther's ladder, and make your challonge username the same as your anther username.
IT STARTS TOMMORROW AT 5 and will probably run for about an hour.
When that one ends I will create a new thread under the events to be scheduled weekly and have the full details.
Thanks, and hope we have a great turnout! CHECK BACK TOMMORROW FOR LINK AND INFO

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
TOURNAMENT TODAY AT 5.
Challonge bracket will be here at 1:30 central time
This starts 5:00 CENTRAL TIME
check your timezone for when this starts for you
single elimination, best 2 out of 3, finals best 3 of 5
contact your opponet through anther's ladder
also, make your anther's username your challonge username
see you there!
EDIT:
I will create a netplay room when we start, all matches will go through here so I can verify the winner

Last edited:

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
and are currently the only one signed up for it
come on guys, I don't want to cancel for the second week in a row, I need at LEAST two more people

Top Bottom